- PATSFANS.COM HOME
- LATEST ENTRIES
- LOCAL PATRIOTS NEWSFEED
- PATRIOTS SCHEDULE
- NFL SCHEDULE
- NFL NEWS
5 QBs in the top 15, deja vu all over again.Dane Brugler's early 2022 mock, this will obviously change over the course of the year:
- Houston Texans: QB Spencer Rattler
- Detroit Lions: QB Sam Howell
- Cincinnati Bengals: EDGE Kayvon Thibodeaux
- New York Jets: CB Derek Stingley
- Jacksonville Jaguars: OT Kenyon Green
- Philadelphia Eagles: QB Malik Willis
- Las Vegas Raiders: DL Drake Jackson
- New York Giants: S Kyle Hamilton
- Carolina Panthers: OT Evan Neal
- Washington Football Team: QB JT Daniels
- Atlanta Falcons: DL DeMarvin Leal
- Arizona Cardinals: CB Andrew Booth Jr.
- Minnesota Vikings: CB Kaiir Elam
- New York Giants: LB Christian Harris
- Pittsburgh Steelers: QB Phil Jurkovec
- Tennessee Titans: WR Garrett Wilson
- Los Angeles Chargers: CB Ahmad Gardner
- New England Patriots: WR Treylon Burks
- Philadelphia Eagles: EDGE George Karlaftis
- New Orleans Saints: S Jordan Battle
- Indianapolis Colts: CB Trent McDuffie
- New York Jets: EDGE Kingsley Enagbare
- Dallas Cowboys: OG Darian Kinnard
- Denver Broncos: DT DJ Dale
- Green Bay Packers: EDGE Zach Harrison
- Cleveland Browns: EDGE Myjai Sanders
- Baltimore Ravens: OT/G Jamaree Salyer
- Miami Dolphins: DL Aidan Hutchinson
- Buffalo Bills: WR John Metchie III
- Detroit Lions: WR Chris Olave
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: OC Tyler Linderbaum
- Kansas City Chiefs: WR Justyn Ross
I don't think our actual draft will turn out this well, but I'd be pretty pumped if we landed these players! Some serious talent.
14: R1 P14 S Kyle Hamilton - Notre Dame
46: R2 P14 DL Jordan Davis - Georgia
78: R3 P14 WR Treylon Burks - Arkansas
116: R4 P14 OT Connor Galvin - Baylor
205: R6 P26 WR Dontay Demus Jr. - Maryland
At least 3 top 10 picks in Neal, Davis, and StingleyMy patriots type players identified after 4 weeks:
rb- spiller of Texas a&m. Replacement for white.
left ot - Neal of Alabama. Already better than Wynn.
right ot - faalale of Minnesota. Absolute monster.
nt - Davis of Georgia, our run defense is weak. This guy is a beast.
cb - stingley lsu. Replacement for Gilmore,
Cb - Gardner of cincy. Depending on how he runs.
I think it is likely we pick around 12-16 again...I thought until the last games CB is the No.1 priority but it seems that we would welcome an OT as well for sure. Or even a complement to Barmore/Judon on the other side.Just had a quick look by position in the mock draft sites and so far it looks like......
Draft order position for the Pats from 7 all the way to 17 !!!
WR - Olave/Wilson of Ohio State , Metchie of Alabama , Burks of Arkansas
CB - Stingley of LSU , Castro Fields of Penn State
LB - Harris - Alabama
DL - Leal of Texas A and M
NT - Jordan Davies of Georgia
Olave seems to be popular and no mention of a OT so far...........and for info , most of the sites have Thibodeaux the No 1 pick going to..........the Jets !
Yeah, it is still early in the season and I am sure our team draft requirements will change before April. I have not tried to look at the team breakdown of contracts to see who will be possibly leaving the team and need to be replaced. I would have thought CB (Gilmore situation) and OT (OLine struggling just now) would be up at the top of the requirements ?I think it is likely we pick around 12-16 again...I thought until the last games CB is the No.1 priority but it seems that we would welcome an OT as well for sure. Or even a complement to Barmore/Judon on the other side.
I agree, I guess WR and ILB are major needs as well not specific due contracts but also age and quality. I haven't looked into contracts as well. I do hope that McGrone can become an ILB starter here, I liked him in Michigan. We do need an athletic coverage LB imo, it would be great if he can do that. FS replacement for DMC could be a need as well. In the end i think we should pick the best available Player anyway.Yeah, it is still early in the season and I am sure our team draft requirements will change before April. I have not tried to look at the team breakdown of contracts to see who will be possibly leaving the team and need to be replaced. I would have thought CB (Gilmore situation) and OT (OLine struggling just now) would be up at the top of the requirements ?
I personally love Davis. I really have a soft spot for guys like him. He can play the 0, 1, 5 or 3 tech if you need him to. Obviously he's a 0 or 1 tech 80-85% of his snaps, but you can move him around strategically.As of this week, we would be drafting at number 11.
some really stellar prospects will be available at 11.
I would love to see us draft nt Davis of Georgia, however I also see a clear need for a cornerback!