PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Mock Drafts

Couple of drafts now have us picking at No 25 !

End of first round depends when you exit playoffs. If we lose in 1st round 19-24.
Div round 25-28. CCG 29/30. Or, 31/32 for Super Bowl teams

As of this week, if the season ended today, we would have the 26th pick in the first round.

one very Interesting option would be free safety hill of Michigan. Mccourty started the year slowly, but has really played well the last month and and half.

maybe bb can resign mccourty for another year while hill apprentices under him.

As of this week, if the season ended today, we would have the 26th pick in the first round.

one very Interesting option would be free safety hill of Michigan. Mccourty started the year slowly, but has really played well the last month and and half.

maybe bb can resign mccourty for another year while hill apprentices under him.

As of this week, if the season ended today, we would be picking 29th. all the blue chip and red chip prospects are off the board.

if Dt Leal of Texas a&m or nt Davis of Georgia through some miracle falls to us at 29, they would be the obvious choice.

but if both are off the board I think we look at:

1st round cb mccreary of auburn
2nd round og sailor of georgia
3rd round ot falalale of minnesota
4th round dt pharim of alabama
6th round rb pierce of Florida
6th round cb jobe of Alabama

As of this week, if the season ended today, we would be picking 29th. all the blue chip and red chip prospects are off the board.

if Dt Leal of Texas a&m or nt Davis of Georgia through some miracle falls to us at 29, they would be the obvious choice.

but if both are off the board I think we look at:

1st round cb mccreary of auburn
2nd round og sailor of georgia
3rd round ot falalale of minnesota
4th round dt pharim of alabama
6th round rb pierce of Florida
6th round cb jobe of Alabama
Again, I really enjoy picking at 29 more than 15 or anything close to it

I am still thinking on CB and OLine / DLine for priority picks

We may lose McCourty and Hightower. Replacing them won’t be easy if they leave/retire. FS and field linebacker have to be looked at too.

T and CB are probably my two priorities right now. Wynn has one year left on deal. And same with Williams.

I would also keep JC Jackson and Trent Brown. Those positions are critical. Can’t slip there. Hope Hightower and McCourty return.

We may lose McCourty and Hightower. Replacing them won’t be easy if they leave/retire. FS and field linebacker have to be looked at too.

T and CB are probably my two priorities right now. Wynn has one year left on deal. And same with Williams.

I would also keep JC Jackson and Trent Brown. Those positions are critical. Can’t slip there. Hope Hightower and McCourty return.
I agree with you. I think at this point D-Mac resigns with us if we offer a contract. As for Hightower I really like him on this team but he is declining.

As for Trent brown and the Wynn. I wonder if by chance this coming offseason they try and move Wynn inside to guard and let brown start at left tackle ( if he resigns of course). If they do that then that opens up the right side for Mike owenu. I can see why they don’t do that mid season from a chemistry standpoint point but in the off-season I think it’s worth taking a look at.

I agree with you. I think at this point D-Mac resigns with us if we offer a contract. As for Hightower I really like him on this team but he is declining.

As for Trent brown and the Wynn. I wonder if by chance this coming offseason they try and move Wynn inside to guard and let brown start at left tackle ( if he resigns of course). If they do that then that opens up the right side for Mike owenu. I can see why they don’t do that mid season from a chemistry standpoint point but in the off-season I think it’s worth taking a look at.
We may have to trade Shaq to keep Trent Brown. Miguel has us right to cap. And, keeping JC Jackson is a must and priority 1.

PFF has a mock today with us all picking McCreary at 31. That works.I don’t think your secondary can ever be good or deep enough in today’s NFL

Patriots unrestricted free agents:

fs mccourty (could retire)
Lb Hightower (could retire)
Ot brown
Cb Jackson (franchise tag ?)
SS phillips
Og/c karras
St slater
St king
Rb white
Rb bolden
Qb hoyer
Lb collins
Pk folk
Lb langi
Lb Bentley

restricted free agent:

fb johnson
Wr meyers
Te fumugali
St oslzewski

Exclusive rights free agent

lb hall

Ot brown
SS phillips
Og/c karras
St slater
St king
Rb white
Rb bolden
Qb hoyer
Lb collins
Pk folk
Lb langi
Lb Bentley

restricted free agent:

fb johnson
Wr meyers
Te fumugali
St oslzewski

lb hall
Hopefully retain all the dudes necessary...Lotta FAs...Jackson and Bentley are seemingly priorities followed by D Mac and Brown

Every year there are 25% + of the team lost thru turn over. Hopefully BB can re-sign important pieces and have a decent draft and trade plan to shore up departures he can't retain.......In BB We Trust :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Agreed , what helps is that BB etc have almost hit on the correct formulae straight away this season so far , hopefully they can solidify and fine tune for the 2022 season

My top 2 priorities would be Jackson and Brown. I’d trade Shaq and cut Jones for space.

Try to get Karras and Bentley on reasonable deals.

Looking difficult to keep McCourty and Hightower. Can’t imagine 2 Red Jacket guys playing on a cheap deal.

I was hoping to go CB and T. Leaning towards FS and ILB in draft.

As of today, if the season ended today, we would be drafting 31st.

1st round- cb mccreary of auburn. He is able to play press man, man and zone. He is a little undersized, but brings tremendous skill and abilities.

2nd round - og sailor of Georgia. Playing tackle now, but projects better at guard. Powerful and nasty! Karras is a free agent, but even if he stays, we do not have a quality backup interior lineman.

3rd round - wr Wandale of Kentucky. He is a matchup nightmare. Utility type player. A little undersized. He can run (fast) and catch. Bb could really turn him into something special.

4th round - de/olb hall of Houston. Can be a disruptive pass rusher but can play the run and projects to be able to set the edge.

6th round - rb pierce of Florida. Runner and receiver.

6th round - cb jobe of alabama. Just had turf toe surgery. Never developed as projected, but maybe our staff can get more out of him.

Todd McShay has us taking Treylon Burks at 31 in his first draft...

Todd McShay has us taking Treylon Burks at 31 in his first draft...
yeah it seems in every mock draft I have seen the Pats are about to pick a WR like they don't have anyone there and it is the number one need, you can take a WR in a very deep class far later than already in Rd1. In Rd1 please take the best player available (preferbly DT/NT, LB, OT, S/CB if elite players drop down) thats where the real team needs are as of now

yeah it seems in every mock draft I have seen the Pats are about to pick a WR like they don't have anyone there and it is the number one need, you can take a WR in a very deep class far later than already in Rd1. In Rd1 please take the best player available (preferbly DT/NT, LB, OT, S/CB if elite players drop down) thats where the real team needs are as of now
I haven't really done my homework this year, but it does seem to me that if Burks is there at 31, he will be comfortably considered the BPA.

Ot brown
SS phillips
Og/c karras
St slater
St king
Rb white
Rb bolden
Qb hoyer
Lb collins
Pk folk
Lb langi
Lb Bentley

restricted free agent:

fb johnson
Wr meyers
Te fumugali
St oslzewski

lb hall
Jackson
Brown
Phillips
Karras
Johnson
Meyers
O chef ski

I definitely would like this group to return in that order of importance.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back