PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Mock Drafts

For me personally the 11th pick for a NT who is not Vea is too high. If we go defense i would prefer Leal/Karlaftis/Enagbare or a CB like Elam/Booth/Gardner.
Thanks Patsfan. My main reason for Davis was his size and weight to fill a true NT role in a 3/4 base. I see him next to Barrmore and in a perfect world they get Quinnen Williams from the Jets. That would be scary #

Thanks Patsfan. My main reason for Davis was his size and weight to fill a true NT role in a 3/4 base. I see him next to Barrmore and in a perfect world they get Quinnen Williams from the Jets. That would be scary #

barmore is a future stud as a pass rusher and run stuffer.
Add Davis on the nose and those two could be foundational pieces for our defensive line.
in addition, we could draft Davis’s line mate wyatt on day three and have a monster defensive line for years to come!

Hey Ochmed, I just looked up Wyatt . Good idea, he would be good fit. Just don't know if they could afford taking 2 DL's in the same draft. They have many needs to cover :)

Hey Ochmed, I just looked up Wyatt . Good idea, he would be good fit. Just don't know if they could afford taking 2 DL's in the same draft. They have many needs to cover :)

great point. Regardless of who bb drafts, he has to hit on several prospects and upgrade the talent on this team.

If the season ended today, we would be drafting at number 16. A few weeks ago, we would have been at number 7.

Side note: I would like to personally thank San Fran and Chicago for being stupid and passing on Jones. Jones has far exceeded any and all expectations I had for him this season.

at number 16, all the blue chip prospects at will be off the board. Corner is probably our number one need.

Assuming stingley is off the board, that leaves us with some really good players to pick from!

If the season ended today, we would be drafting at number 16. A few weeks ago, we would have been at number 7.

Side note: I would like to personally thank San Fran and Chicago for being stupid and passing on Jones. Jones has far exceeded any and all expectations I had for him this season.

at number 16, all the blue chip prospects at will be off the board. Corner is probably our number one need.

Assuming stingley is off the board, that leaves us with some really good players to pick from!
Agreed , but you never know who will drop to us or who may improve at college over the next few months (hopefully).....I think we did well this draft and hope that 2022 will be just as good. I also think CB is high on the priority list but would also take another DL or OL.

Just saw a new name being touted by the Bleacher report for the Pats 2022 1st round pick....Drake London USC.....a 6ft 5in WR !!!! Would seem a bit extreme given that we may have more urgent needs at CB and OL ?

Just saw a new name being touted by the Bleacher report for the Pats 2022 1st round pick....Drake London USC.....a 6ft 5in WR !!!! Would seem a bit extreme given that we may have more urgent needs at CB and OL ?

he is out for the year with an injury,

If the season ended today, we would be drafting 20th overall.

clearly my favorite player in this draft, ot Neal of Alabama will be long off the board.

however Jordan Davis might still be on the board. If he is, bb needs to sprint the card up to the podium.

oddly at the 20th spot, we could have 4 different wide receivers to pick from. The two from Ohio state, burks from Arkansas or dotson from penn state.

Typical as the Pats win more games we tumble further down the pecking order ....ah well , c'est la vie

So , would BB go DL again to find a partner for Barmore (depends who is available of course). With Wynn not quite finding form and Trent Brown struggling again with a calf injury maybe OT moves up the priority list.

Pats keep winning and we keep dropping down the draft order.....lol

If the season ended today, we would have the 22nd overall pick.

I have been watching film on cornerbacks. I am scoring the 3 best press man corners in this draft ad follows:

1.) stingley of lsu - currently out with an injury, but the best press man corner that n this draft and battle tested in the sec. a top 10 pick.
2.) Gardner of cincy - starter since his freshman year. The only drawback I see is the lack of quality opponents. Should be a mid to late first round pick if he runs and tests well.
3.) mccreary of auburn - battle tested in the sec. could use some technique work. Should be a second round pick.

I have been watching film on cornerbacks. I am scoring the 3 best press man corners in this draft ad follows:

1.) stingley of lsu - currently out with an injury, but the best press man corner that n this draft and battle tested in the sec. a top 10 pick.
2.) Gardner of cincy - starter since his freshman year. The only drawback I see is the lack of quality opponents. Should be a mid to late first round pick if he runs and tests well.
3.) mccreary of auburn - battle tested in the sec. could use some technique work. Should be a second round pick.
I like Gardner. I’m not ruling out OT. Trent Brown is a free agent. Wynn will be after next year. If DMac retires, FS could be a possibility. Love Jaquan Brisker from PSU

Hard to tell what positions we will prioritise at this point but we've got quite a few free agents and not much cap space next year. I could definitely see Wynn getting traded to free up his $10m salary, re-signing Brown to a incentive laden contract, and then drafting a first round tackle. Obviously corner and wide receiver are needs as well as possibly Hightower/McCourty replacements. Receiver feels like a 2nd/3rd round pick though.

I saw us linked with the big WR Drake London, but every time we're linked with a WR in R1 I shake my head. Just can't see it unless we're drafting top 5 and it's a real cant-miss player.

I saw us linked with the big WR Drake London, but every time we're linked with a WR in R1 I shake my head. Just can't see it unless we're drafting top 5 and it's a real cant-miss player.
I mentioned that player earlier probably from the same article...lol.....however Ochmed Jones says he is out for the year injured. I have also hoped for a No 1 WR for years but seems like the team does well enough without them !!!

I think it's going to be CB or LB in round 1 probably CB given the players available.

Gardner would be my top guy but don't think he is available if we pick in the mid 20s.

Agreed re CB but would they also look at IDL ?.....just thinking how many more years Lawrence guy has in him ?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back