PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Free Agent Receivers - Will the Patriots Target One?

Yes… The Lions have more talented receivers right now.

St Brown
Chalk
Raymond / Reynolds

I would take the lions starting receivers over the Patriots current starting receivers.

I believe they have the faster more talented starting receivers, but they do lack a quality QB.

I believe St Brown is the best of the bunch & if Chalk can get back to 2020 form; he will help a lot. Raymond is another burner.

Would you rather have any of the Patriots receivers over St Brown?
Then go root for the Lions and don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

The current Patriots receivers are what they are, there is no big upside or talent to tap into.

Meyers is not going to run a 4.5 - 40
Agholor’s hand are not going to improve at this point in his career.

Maybe you could enlighten us on those hidden talents of the Pats receivers?
Agholor's hands weren't the issue last year. You'd know this if you actually WATCHED the games..

My argument is simple

We currently have a set of WR that needs to be upgraded.

Meyers
Bourne
Agholor

These are not guys your going to win a Super Bowl, now that you don’t have Brady.

Jones needs more talented receivers.

That’s it… & then the koolaid drinkers chimed in.

They all think Meyers, Bourne & Agholor are fine, I don’t . <-------- BOLD FACED LIE BY JOE

It is that simple.

You fall on the koolaid side of the fence.

So, now you've CHANGED your argument yet again. You've gone from saying that the Pats Receivers were "bottom of the barrel" to now saying that they just need to be upgraded.

People said the Pats would never win a SuperBowl with Brown, Patten and Johnson.

Great job showing yourself to be a LIAR yet again JOE. People disagreed with your utterly ridiculous characterization that the Patriots receivers were ":Bottom of the Barrel". NO ONE said they couldn't be upgraded. NO ONE. And you can't find a single person who said that.

The Patriots starting receivers scored a total of 10 touchdowns in 2021.

That my friend is not good !
60 total points over 17 games.
That is 3.58 points per game from our
Receivers.

Do you think that is good?

If you can’t see the talent gap between a St Brown or Elijah Moore compared to Meyers, there is nothing I can do, but disagree.
That's what happens when the TEs and RBs are the features in the RED ZONE. You'd know that if you knew anything about the actual GAME of football.

I did say in my view we had the worst starting wide receivers in the NFL in 2020 & 2021 and I used PFF individual rankings.

LIAR!!!
You did NOT use PFF individual Rankings. I posted the PFF Individual Rankings WITH LINKS.
Others didn’t agree & they pushed the team aspect, while I was talking starters.

LIAR!!! YOU are the one who said that the Patriots were the WORST group of receivers in the LEAGUE. You're the one who claimed there weren't any that were worse than the Patriots. And that's despite people showing you that there were. Hell, you claimed that Bryan Edwards was a "QUALITY RECEIVER" for the Raiders despite the fact that his stats were WORSE than Meyers or Bourne.

Unfortunately if your not drinking the koolaid, you get pushback.

LIAR!!!! You got pushback because you claimed you used PFF Rankings. You were told, flat out, that PFF rankings are GARBAGE. Furthermore, it was shown that the Rankings you used were NOT from PFF. The ACTUAL PFF rankings were then given. They showed you to be completely wrong in your assessment that the Patriots WRs were "bottom of the barrel". The stats from NFL.COM were also used and they showed you to be wrong as well in your assessment.

The Patriots were a running team in 2021.

When the top two running backs score twice as many touchdowns as the top 3 receivers, it’s a real stretch to credit the receivers, but give it a shot.

I won’t buy it, but the koolaid drinkers will.

So, you admit the Pats were a running team in 2021, but then throw a tantrum over the WRs only having 10 TDs?? You're ignorance is truly astounding.

I am a Pats fan, I just focus on areas that need improvement, but your right, I don’t drink the koolaid

No. You spew toxic venom as if you're some entitled shill when you don't have the first f'in clue what you're talking about. Not only that. You flat out resort to lying about the people who have shown time and again that they actually UNDERSTAND the game of football.

NEWSFLASH for you. The Patriots were a running team because that's where their better players were in 2021. Because that allowed them to protect their rookie QB more. It was NOT because they had "bottom of the barrel" WRs. It was clear to anyone actually watching the games that the Patriots run blocking was better (over-all) than the Pass-blocking. So the Patriots ran it in the Red Zone or focused on the TEs. Which accounted for 36 of the teams TDs. In year's passed, people would be ecstatic that the Patriots RAN it in the Red Zone instead of the 1 yard throws to the WRs.. It was different than in the past because many Pats teams didn't have the short-yardage ability that both Harris and Stevenson showed.

Why?

I review the Patriots objectively
Love some players, dislike others.
Only koolaid drinkers of Patsfans get upset, for calling Michael Hoo-Man a JAG.

I would never get upset if someone called a career backup a Jag, but a koolaid drinker would defend almost any Patriot.

No. You're not remotely objective. That's the problem with you. If you were OBJECTIVE, you'd have admitted you were wrong about the PFF rankings of the Patriots receivers. Hell, you'd haver admitted that PFF rankings suck and shouldn't be used at all. Instead of continuing to die on that hill.

Sure it does !

I hated Drew Bledsoe, so I rooted for Tom Brady & look what happened.

Bledsoe had a golden arm & a pea brain

Saying the Patriots receivers are below average is not popular as you can see, but I believe it is accurate.

Except it's not accurate. And you were already proven wrong. But you can't admit to that.

I am a Patriots fan, 35 year season ticket holder.

I just don’t watch the games through tinted glasses.
Not to be disrespectful but you sound like you just finished 6th grade

This has been an entertaining thread. Since I can't see who y'all are arguing with, seeing Dabruinz posts screaming LIAR LIAR LIAR, is hysterical. Looks like a lot of wasted energy.

Only koolaid drinkers of Patsfans get upset, for calling Michael Hoo-Man a JAG.

I hated Hoomanowanewiririririri because my wife fantasized about coitus with him

That’s all I’ve got to add to this particular topic

No. You spew toxic venom as if you're some entitled shill when you don't have the first f'in clue what you're talking about. Not only that. You flat out resort to lying about the people who have shown time and again that they actually UNDERSTAND the game of football.

NEWSFLASH for you. The Patriots were a running team because that's where their better players were in 2021. Because that allowed them to protect their rookie QB more. It was NOT because they had "bottom of the barrel" WRs. It was clear to anyone actually watching the games that the Patriots run blocking was better (over-all) than the Pass-blocking. So the Patriots ran it in the Red Zone or focused on the TEs. Which accounted for 36 of the teams TDs. In year's passed, people would be ecstatic that the Patriots RAN it in the Red Zone instead of the 1 yard throws to the WRs.. It was different than in the past because many Pats teams didn't have the short-yardage ability that both Harris and Stevenson showed.

This from a gutless fool, who won’t even accept a friendly bet, because he may lose his Patsfans membership.

We know you won’t leave……

This is your pathetic life.

I just want to laugh at you, when you don’t leave.

I hated Hoomanowanewiririririri because my wife fantasized about coitus with him

That’s all I’ve got to add to this particular topic

Your tight, but it does show the knowledge of some of the koolaid drinkers, doesn’t it?

He was a total JAG.

Your opinions are wrong when they don’t match reality.
It is entirely impossible to be a top 10 offense with the worst receivers in the league.
Elijah Moore had about half the catches that Meyers did, so really you see just making up negative comparisons. Half the catches is not comparable.
You are doing the same with the Ravens. Duvernay has fewer receiving yards the last 2 years than NKeal Harry.
Watkins in the last SIX YEARS averaged 37 catches for 505 yards and 3 TDs. He sucks. Agholor in the last 6 years averages 48/600/5 but you say he sucks and Watkins is good.

You will have to explain to me how an offense with a rookie QB and spotty OL issues for a good part of the season was a top 10 offense and even higher in many metrics if the receivers stink.

If you think Meyers is better more upside than Elijah Moore, it shows your football knowledge.

Trust me…. That is not a compliment

If you think Meyers is better more upside than Elijah Moore, it shows your football knowledge.

Trust me…. That is not a compliment
Meyers’s has outproduced him. That is a fact. I have no worry about what disagreeing with you says about my football knowledge. In fact, it is a compliment and you are to obtuse to realize it

This from a gutless fool, who won’t even accept a friendly bet, because he may lose his Patsfans membership.

We know you won’t leave……

This is your pathetic life.

I just want to laugh at you, when you don’t leave.
You didn’t accept my bet. Does that make you a gutless fool?

Meyers’s has outproduced him. That is a fact. I have no worry about what disagreeing with you says about my football knowledge. In fact, it is a compliment and you are to obtuse to realize it

So because Meyers had more catches than rookie, Elijah Moore…. You think Meyers is going to be better in 2022 & beyond?

When I look at the two players, I clearly see that Moore has a much better skill set & I would be willing to bet he far outperforms Meyers in his career.

Only time will tell, but I be sure to remind you of the outcome

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back