PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Free Agent Receivers - Will the Patriots Target One?

This from a gutless fool, who won’t even accept a friendly bet, because he may lose his Patsfans membership.

We know you won’t leave……

This is your pathetic life.

I just want to laugh at you, when you don’t leave.

You'll forgive everyone for laughing at your pathetic postings. You've shown yourself to be a liar so you calling anyone a cowards is what is pathetic.

I gave you my terms. YOU are the one who can't meet them.

You want me to take your asinine bet?
- Show me where I said " The Patriots receivers are better than AZ".
- Show me where ONE PERSON in this thread that said the Pats didn't need to upgrade at Wide Receiver.

Last edited:
You don’t want to complain when your a koolaid drinker.

Become independent & you can express your feelings objectively.

Says the guy who hasn't expressed anything objectively to this point. :whistle::evil:

Ok…., I guess your just a Meyers Koolaid drinker

You can’t see the problem with his lack of red zone success, but that’s you call.

I am not a Meyers fan, but I will gladly admit I was wrong if he learns where the
End zone is located

How can you say he has a "lack of red zone success"?

Rookie year: Meyers was the 4th WR and then 3rd on the roster.
Sophomore year: Newton was the QB. Had less than 400 attempts. Only 8 passing TDs with 5 of them going to RBs. Why? Because of NEWTON's limitations.

3rd year: Finally got his TDs.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that Meyers is a great fit here as a slot receiver. I've mentioned that I wouldn't mind seeing him signed away on an RFA tender.

But, you talk about dealing in REALITY and using FACTS and being OBJECTIVE yet you ignore all of those when it comes to Meyers and the situation he has been in. He's a much better player than you are a poster. And it's not even close.

P.S. : You claim you'll admit when your wrong, but you have YET to do it a single time in this thread and you've been wrong numerous times since your first post in it without having done so.

Why don’t you enlighten us einstien

Tell us about the last team to win the Super Bowl with 3 starting receivers that in total averaged. 3.58 total points per game.

10 touchdowns in 17 games.

Your odds of winning a Super Bowl with those stats in very slim or none.

Our 2 Tight ends had twice as many touchdowns 20 as our WR 10.

More false information by you:
Patriots TEs only had 10 TDs last year. Henry had 9 and Smith had 1.

The Patriots RBs, on the other hand, had 24 RUSHING TDs and 2 receiving TDs.
|
1648843453012.png

More false information by you:
Patriots TEs only had 10 TDs last year. Henry had 9 and Smith had 1.

The Patriots RBs, on the other hand, had 24 RUSHING TDs and 2 receiving TDs.
|
View attachment 42305

My mistake #1
Then again, we were talking about WR, & the pathetic number of 10 touchdowns is correct.

Here is a little SPORTS TRIVIA for Mr know it all.

Name the last team that had fewer touchdowns from their starting 3 WR, in a 17 game season.

Good Luck Einstien !

How can you say he has a "lack of red zone success"?

Rookie year: Meyers was the 4th WR and then 3rd on the roster.
Sophomore year: Newton was the QB. Had less than 400 attempts. Only 8 passing TDs with 5 of them going to RBs. Why? Because of NEWTON's limitations.

3rd year: Finally got his TDs.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that Meyers is a great fit here as a slot receiver. I've mentioned that I wouldn't mind seeing him signed away on an RFA tender.

But, you talk about dealing in REALITY and using FACTS and being OBJECTIVE yet you ignore all of those when it comes to Meyers and the situation he has been in. He's a much better player than you are a poster. And it's not even close.

P.S. : You claim you'll admit when your wrong, but you have YET to do it a single time in this thread and you've been wrong numerous times since your first post in it without having done so.

This is by far the best post you ever made.
There may be hope for you yet. “I am joking”.

I agree with you & I started all of this by saying “I would drive him to the airport”.

Meyers does have the ability to get open 5-10 yards down of the field, and he has good hands.

He reminds me of Christian Fauria in this aspect. As soon as his hands go up, quite often their feet stop & they catch the ball & fall down. Meyers averages about 10 yards per reception, but Borg posted his YAC 2.7 which is 120th in the league which shows he is useless after the catch. This is probably why he can’t find the end zone.

This is going to be a busy weekend & this is my last post on the subject.

You were the only one who picked up on my lie, that the Patriots TE’s had 20 touchdowns, so I give you credit for that.

Sometimes I will throw out a red herring & see if any koolaid drinkers notice.
#Ring6 didn’t pick up on it…. Lol

You been around a long time & I am not sure, but there was a DaBruinz on the old ESPN Patriots board in the early 2000’s who I bumped heads with often. Not sure if that was you, but we exposed Borge’s on a Sunday night thanks to a guy called Seattle stat man. He was fired as a plagiarist the next day. That is when he copied Mike Sando’s earlier article. Seattlestatman was the hero, but he credit a few of us who were in on spreading the story.

I am done on this subject for now, because I won’t be around this weekend.

I am sure we will be bumping heads in the future…. You don’t like me & I don’t like you, but I fully respect your passion.

Have a good weekend.

Last edited:
1) Our offense was top 10 with a rookie QB

2) Bourne is a good #2 WR, especially on a running team,

3) Myers is a good #3WR, especially on a running team.

4) Agholor is an OK #2WR, especially on a running team.

5) Henry is a fine receiving TE, especially on a running team.

6) White is a fine receiving TE, especially in a running game (with Stevenson and Montgomery as backups in that role.
================
THREE WR's is not enough, even with good receiving RB's and TE's.
================
We need, and will get an addition WR for the 53, a veteran for competition, and developmental rookie. We do NOT need or want a $15M-$25M a year WR.
Pats were NOT a top 10 offense in 21. Top 10 offenses do not lose 3 out of 5 games in December and January and get blown out in first round of playoffs. They had 3 high scoring games against crappy teams which skewed the points. Against good defenses they were below average

Can not just look at total points

Quick stats:
Patriots were 26th in YAC (yards after catch) in '21
Meyers was 120th in YAC (2.7) in the NFL in '21
Meyers was Mac Jones #1 target (126 targets .......... 51 more than #2 Henry)

Eye test:
Meyers has a knack for setting up in open space and securing the ball.
His initial steps after completing the catch are glacial.
On receptions when he comes back for the ball, his lack of footwork & explosion to quickly turn and accelerate up the field is alarming.

Conclusion:
Given his sub-par after-the-catch skills, in no way should Meyers be NE's #1 target unless the goal is to continue forward with a mediocre passing attack
Meyers is a strictly a possession receiver
He is not a #1 or #2 receiver but a decent third option. BB would not have tendered him at a second round level if he thought he sucked.

Pats were NOT a top 10 offense in 21. Top 10 offenses do not lose 3 out of 5 games in December and January and get blown out in first round of playoffs. They had 3 high scoring games against crappy teams which skewed the points. Against good defenses they were below average

So, we can't use metrics like points.

So, what should we use? Your judgement?
==============================
Somehow, the team won 10 games, was in the playoffs, and in media's top 10 teams at the end of the year.
According to folks here the offense was terrible and so was the defense.
Perhaps, the team was just lucky.

Do you think that we had a top 5 defense that made up for an offense that was average at best?
==============================================
BTW, I suggest that you find a list of top 10 offenses, and see how many points they scored against good defenses and how many they scored against average or poorer defense. I'm pretty sure that you will find that there are NOT 10 teams that scored more than we did against good defenses. And yes, what matters most is points scored. Not yards, not even 3rd down conversions.

Of course they were a top 10 offense, they were by virtually every metric.
But by all means list the top 10 that doesn’t include them, keeping in mind that only 8 made it past the first week of the playoffs.
Show me all those offenses that were better against good defenses too.

What is more important for an offense than scoring points?
How exactly does an offense helps its team win better by scoring fewer points?

My mistake #1
Then again, we were talking about WR, & the pathetic number of 10 touchdowns is correct.

Here is a little SPORTS TRIVIA for Mr know it all.

Name the last team that had fewer touchdowns from their starting 3 WR, in a 17 game season.

Good Luck Einstien !
You've made numerous mistakes in this thread. Claiming that was your first is completely laughable.

It's amazing how you call me a "Mr. Know it All" despite the fact that you had posted the ACTUAL number of TDs by Pats TEs previously.

"BTW, you really shouldn't ask questions without already knowing the answer.
Jacksonville (5- Jones 4, Treadwell 1, Shenault, Jr 0)
Carolina (9 - Moore 4, Anderson 5, Marshall 0)
NY Giants ( 3 - Golladay 0, Shephard 1, Slayton 2)
Bears ( 6- Mooney 4, Godwin 1, Robinson 1)
Eagles (8 - Reagor 2, Smith 5, Watkins 1)
Broncos (7 - Patrick 5 , Sutton 2 , Jeudy 0)
Falcons (9 - Gage 5, Zacchaeus 4, Ridley 2)
Browns (6 - Landry 2, Peoples-Jones 3, Higgins 1)
Ravens ( 9 - Duvernay 2, Brown 6, Bateman 1)

There were 3 teams tied with the Patriots at 10 and the Jets had a whopping 11...

But, please tell everyone, again, how the Patriots were "bottom of the barrel". Because, yet again, another metric doesn't support you.

You've made numerous mistakes in this thread. Claiming that was your first is completely laughable.

It's amazing how you call me a "Mr. Know it All" despite the fact that you had posted the ACTUAL number of TDs by Pats TEs previously.

There were 3 teams tied with the Patriots at 10 and the Jets had a whopping 11...

But, please tell everyone, again, how the Patriots were "bottom of the barrel". Because, yet again, another metric doesn't support you.

Is 1962 his birth year?…because he argues like a douchebag millennial. I propose that he be forced to change his Patsfans name from Cupofjoe1962 to Bagofdicks2022. Do I have a second?

Thank you !!!!!

How many were playoff teams?

The Ravens & the Pats & the Ravens have the weak arm running QB who can’t throw outside the numbers.

You happy being in the same class with Jaxonville & Carolina & the Giants ?

I am not !

I am glad we got Davonte Parker, but I am still hoping for another receiver to put Meyers & his 120th rated 2.7 YAC on the bench where he belongs.

Good luck justifying his 2.7 YAC….. lol

Is 1962 his birth year?…because he argues like a douchebag millennial. I propose that he be forced to change his Patsfans name from Cupofjoe1962 to Bagofdicks2022. Do I have a second?

Not all baby boomers are Koolaid drinkers.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back