PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
projected at 11M apy. No $ for LBs on this market. Bunch of 1y deals to follow. Maybe BB could dip in 1y prove it bargain pool.

Would be the perfect position to make a value signing or two at.

I think we are still in the WR market. I like Rishard Higgins game. He would start over Bourne IMO as Bourne is a solid #3 guy.

DW Toys
Cousin I like Higgins too.

He would surely push for 3rd WR.

I thought the official start of the league year would get us some breaking news, and instead all we get is...whatever this is...

I thought the official start of the league year would get us some breaking news, and instead all we get is...whatever this is...

Blues Clues....pathetic. So glad my kids didn't watch that.

its time BB full fills his wish for having larry fitzgerald on the roster.

Can someone please fill me in on our likely plan at CB? People are saying JC is leaving, Gilmore will be traded and JMac won’t be back.

Also if we really are trading up for a QB guess we won’t have any high picks to hit on a quick replacement.
JC got tendered this afternoon so we have first right of refusal on whatever deal he signs with some other team, or we get a 2nd rounder back if we don't want to match.

In other words, someone's got to like him enough to go over $3.8M and be willing to give us a 2nd as well, and we can still choose to match.

Nothing but rumours on Gilmore and JMac.

Lots of young talent in the draft.

The official start of free agency and almost nothing is happening. They might as well get rid of the legal tampering period and make that the start of free agency. It really is the start of free agency anyway.

The longer these receivers stay on the market wonder if the Patriots will get another guy on a lower deal.

Also makes you wonder if they overpaid for agholor

After all the signings, we aren't even in the top 5 of salary cap hits, nor the top 6 either! :p

The longer these receivers stay on the market wonder if the Patriots will get another guy on a lower deal.

Will you lose sleep over it?

The top free agent WRs might just sign for one year deals and try to get a no franchise clause or two year deals that are so backloaded that teams have to cut them in the second year, if they are looking to be one year rentals and try the market again next year when the cap hopefully goes back to normal, the Pats shouldn't get one unless they are trading for Garoppolo or Watson or Wilson. If they are draft a QB in the fiirst and Cam or someone else is starting as an one year placeholder, that would be a waste of money.

The official start of free agency and almost nothing is happening. They might as well get rid of the legal tampering period and make that the start of free agency. It really is the start of free agency anyway.
Because before the legal tampering period existed, you had huge contracts being signed 10 minutes into the free agency period. You’ll just return to that setup, and no one wants to deal with Goodell’s “selective” enforcement of the tampering rule.

Blues Clues....pathetic. So glad my kids didn't watch that.

My sister watched it growing up (I may have as well but I don’t remember). Always thought it was a nice show.

Hindsite....... one would suppose?
Perhaps if they knew the market today where they signed Agholar two days ago, things might have been different, but if you paid for 2020 production versus the rest of the WR, Agholar's contract is fair. 48 receptions and 8 TD's . Almost 19 YPC.

Golloday only played 5 games. Will fuller, who nobody on this forum would have *****ed about ahd 53 Receptions and 8 TDs Agholar also had more yards per catch. Fuller will get a bigger contract. Ju Ju's gonna get $16mm+

Keep in mind. BB remembers what players have burnt him. In the 2017 playoffs Agholar had 15 catches on 18 targets and 8 were for first downs .In the Super Bowl he had 9 catches for 84 yards. Think Bill forgot?

DW Toys

How about a kicker, any good kickers out there?

the Pats shouldn't get one unless they are trading for Garoppolo or Watson or Wilson. If they are draft a QB in the fiirst and Cam or someone else is starting as an one year placeholder, that would be a waste of money.

Even if we were to acquire Mahomes it would be a waste for anyone coming here on a one year deal hoping to improve his standing for next year's FA.

Our offense is too stacked and versatile now to the point where nobody will be really featured consistently.

Given that we were on AJ Green and are trying to offload Harry it seems like we are still looking for a big body possession receiver who can play the boundaries and win 50/50 balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes