PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insane Reddick hype meets reality
Yeah i read estimations where they said he would get a way higher salary. Seems like a solid Deal for Panthers if they get last years Reddick performance or close to that.

I mean... how long can all those WRs stay unsigned ? I understand the weird cap circumstances. Still. Surprising.
???

But, I'll answer. Significant free agents need to be signed before the first day of the draft.

Why would he want the Giants?
You know foxboro isn’t that far from East Rutherford just saying.

Almost like when that Al Jefferson for Kevin Garnett trade was blocked by Stern when McHale was GM of Minnesota.
Can't find any evidence of that ever happening. You are probably miss remembering when a trade involving Garnett and coach Doc Rivers to the Clippers was blocked.

That was blocked because coaches are not allowed to be involved in trades and nor are side deals allowed either.

The clippers were forced to signed Doc Rivers without knowing they could get Garnett later, which they did not.

No owner wants, or most likely allow, a commissioner to tell them they can't make a legal trade because the perceived value didn't add up.

With all these signings (and the ones coming as well), I keep reflecting on what Romo said about NE being “right back in the mix” around next postseason. Predictive programming...just get the QB..

Is that Green rumor verified?

I'm also disappointed about Harry potentially being dealt. I still think he can be productive in that role, and I thought he was a sensible pick as a part-time big slot and part-time X receiver. He's had a few flashes, but maybe his attitude just isn't right? Hard to tell from the outside. Still, it stings, since I was hoping we'd take Metcalf that draft. I was posting all over the forum that we should trade up for him, and I was so excited that he lasted until our pick. Meh. Can't change the past.
We had a second chance at him and instead drafted Icabod Crane at CB

???

But, I'll answer. Significant free agents need to be signed before the first day of the draft.
Umm. I was stating my surprise that most top WRs remain unsigned after two days, whereas teams usually trip over themselves grabbing them ASAP.

Im very curious to how much he'll get

With all these signings (and the ones coming as well), I keep reflecting on what Romo said about NE being “right back in the mix” around next postseason. Predictive programming...just get the QB..

Romo’s plugged in, and he spends a lot of time in the night-before interview with the coaches. Given that he’s a Parcells guy, I think BB has a great deal of respect for him as a QB in spite of his reputation as a choker. You can see his knowledge in the telecast, the only guy I’ve ever been able to say that about in my life. I wouldn’t be surprised if BB spilled the high-level beans of his intentions for the offseason to Romo in one of those meetings, trusting that Romo would only say the appropriate parts out in public. Just a guess on my part though.

Last edited:
Why are we still posting Twitter accounts that have zero sources and throw **** against the wall until one sticks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back