PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister watched it growing up (I may have as well but I don’t remember). Always thought it was a nice show.
Oh great show for kids. Just drove me up a wall. Just something about that dude....

Even if we were to acquire Mahomes it would be a waste for anyone coming here on a one year deal hoping to improve his standing for next year's FA.

Our offense is too stacked and versatile now to the point where nobody will be really featured consistently.

Given that we were on AJ Green and are trying to offload Harry it seems like we are still looking for a big body possession receiver who can play the boundaries and win 50/50 balls.
I understand the sentiment but I disagree to an extent. Your WR1 is your WR1. Yes, Smith and Henry are definitely going to be big targets and Agholor probably as well but the top guy is always going to get his touches.

That said - I don't think they really need a true WR1 at this point. They can focus on the run and the TEs first. If Agholor can really stretch the field like he did last year (and if Cam can throw it well enough) the offense could be quite potent... although Cam's deep ball was actually pretty good last year. It was the short stuff that was crap. Hopefully the bigger catch radius of Smith & Henry help there.

My sister watched it growing up (I may have as well but I don’t remember). Always thought it was a nice show.
If you're talking about the original guy (he wasn't a kid) my brother was buddies with him in NYC. He was a regular dude. One story: they were in Manhattan and ended up at, well, lady's dance club. When the dancers recognized him, the place blew up. The ladies refused to dance. They were totally pissed off.

Hindsite....... one would suppose?
Perhaps if they knew the market today where they signed Agholar two days ago, things might have been different, but if you paid for 2020 production versus the rest of the WR, Agholar's contract is fair. 48 receptions and 8 TD's . Almost 19 YPC.

Golloday only played 5 games. Will fuller, who nobody on this forum would have *****ed about ahd 53 Receptions and 8 TDs Agholar also had more yards per catch. Fuller will get a bigger contract. Ju Ju's gonna get $16mm+

Keep in mind. BB remembers what players have burnt him. In the 2017 playoffs Agholar had 15 catches on 18 targets and 8 were for first downs .In the Super Bowl he had 9 catches for 84 yards. Think Bill forgot?

DW Toys

If some team was willing to give Juju 16+ million annually (in real money), the signing would likely have been announced already.

Oh great show for kids. Just drove me up a wall. Just something about that dude....

Oooh, I gotcha! We all have one of those. The name is slipping me but there was some equivalent that my sister also watched, and while I can't remember the name of the show there are traumatically annoying memories of hearing that on the TV, lol.

Given that we were on AJ Green and are trying to offload Harry it seems like we are still looking for a big body possession receiver who can play the boundaries and win 50/50 balls.

Is that Green rumor verified?

I'm also disappointed about Harry potentially being dealt. I still think he can be productive in that role, and I thought he was a sensible pick as a part-time big slot and part-time X receiver. He's had a few flashes, but maybe his attitude just isn't right? Hard to tell from the outside. Still, it stings, since I was hoping we'd take Metcalf that draft. I was posting all over the forum that we should trade up for him, and I was so excited that he lasted until our pick. Meh. Can't change the past.

I mean... how long can all those WRs stay unsigned ? I understand the weird cap circumstances. Still. Surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back