PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as Cam's shoulder gives out in week 6... Bill will call the bullpen.
toronto blue jays game 2 GIF by MLB
WHAT bullpen?

I was thinking this last night, now I’m really starting to think this. Gilmore will net another pick... Do they want a guy like Wilson where #2 is probably necessary or do they like Lance where maybe #7 will do?

If they want into the #7 slot there will be no way to avoid putting future picks into that package. Not sure getting rid of Gilmore for that purpose is worth it.

If they want into the #7 slot there will be no way to avoid putting future picks into that package. Not sure getting rid of Gilmore for that purpose is worth it.
Yeah, I meant more of a restock. It would most likely cost a future 1st to go up 8 spots, I agree.

OK hear me out, we have no glaring holes on the roster except QB (Maybe Center if we miss on Andrews) Trade every single draft pick for Watson....

Does that get a deal done or do we have to add? Honestly nothing surprises me anymore.

Wait for it, Watson to Patriots coming in 3, 2, ...
I would be floored. But the way it’s been so far, I will entertain the idea... Cam would be a good backup to Watson.

I was thinking this last night, now I’m really starting to think this. Gilmore will net another pick... Do they want a guy like Wilson where #2 is probably necessary or do they like Lance where maybe #7 will do?
I think if Wilson goes behind TL than he is out of reach, I don't expect a trade up to Number 2. I hope we can get a deal with Philly or Detroit if Lance is still there and we like him.

Holy moly, Belichick is going scorched earth this offseason.

He's a QB, WR1 and some OL depth away from fielding one of his most formidable Patriots teams (on paper) ever.

I would be floored. But the way it’s been so far, I will entertain the idea... Cam would be a good backup to Watson.
Watson's cap hit is 42 million. and 40 next year. Could they even possibly make that work?

Says everyone who watched newton play last year.
This offense is being built into a rookie QBs dream. We are drafting a round 1 QB and he will be playing by October.
Circa 2004 Steelers. Great defense, great running game behind a very good line and don't ask him to do much. Just don't turn it over and hit the open receivers.

Watson to Pats
Jimmy/Stidham to Houston
Trubisky to SF

Pats win the offseason. Yay

Who do you prefer? I think I'd lean toward Andrews.

Andrews but it really depends on the price both are asking for. Karras is a solid pass blocker. He knows the O-Line here so I wouldn't hate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down