PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cousin, Don't think the Pats should be done at TE yet. Smith is a move TE. How about adding Rudolph or trading for Ertz? The Pats have had success with a two TE set. The kids experiment last year failed, Keep one of them and move on.

I still think an OBJ trade could work. But again, we need one more WR as well.
OBJ for Harry and a 4th (we have two 4ths)

But a deal to move up to Draft a kid QB like Lance could be a block buster.
The Eagles have the 6th pick (just in front of Carolina (main competition for a young QB?)
Howie and the Eagles need players but can't jump into the FA heavy because of CAP
The Pats have money and perhaps the picks fit the Eagles needs
The Pats have a position player the Eagles covet
The Eagles trade down to pick #15 and give the Pats #6 and send Ertz as part of the package
The Pats give the Eagles their CB Gilmore, #15, #96 in the 3rd and one of our 4ths (the Eagles do not have 4th Round pick)

Thoughts?
DW Toys
Harry and 2 4ths would be something that the Browns would unfortunately probably slam the phone on, and a deal that at least 10 other teams could easily match.

He's also a "Buyer Beware" guy as he had a lot of talent around him in NO. However, he's an irritant that can actually got to the QB. Talks some trash too and got under Brady's skin the first two games last year.
Yes, you said that.

Only here there can be so little excitement after a signing like Judon :rolleyes:
I'm in the minority that doesn't like him. Mostly everyone else likes him.

Judon threatened to blackmail a reporter with pics of him and a stripper because he didn’t like a story the guy wrote. Not the kind of character I love to see.
Cousin, I like him! Very smart move! Nailing a reporter? Fun!
DW Toys

I love Judon's sign. I have to admit he was my favourite target in FA.

Is Judon official?

Didn't he say he only wanted to play with Brady? Does this mean the Bucs aren't interested in re-signing him or not offering him close to what he wants?

Could just be negotiating leverage. If he still only plans to play with Brady he doesn't do himself any favors by making that knowledge public.

Cousin, Don't think the Pats should be done at TE yet. Smith is a move TE. How about adding Rudolph or trading for Ertz? The Pats have had success with a two TE set. The kids experiment last year failed, Keep one of them and move on.

I still think an OBJ trade could work. But again, we need one more WR as well.
OBJ for Harry and a 4th (we have two 4ths)

But a deal to move up to Draft a kid QB like Lance could be a block buster.
The Eagles have the 6th pick (just in front of Carolina (main competition for a young QB?)
Howie and the Eagles need players but can't jump into the FA heavy because of CAP
The Pats have money and perhaps the picks fit the Eagles needs
The Pats have a position player the Eagles covet
The Eagles trade down to pick #15 and give the Pats #6 and send Ertz as part of the package
The Pats give the Eagles their CB Gilmore, #15, #96 in the 3rd and one of our 4ths (the Eagles do not have 4th Round pick)

Thoughts?
DW Toys
Their "kids experiment" didn't fail. Both were hurt at different times.

However, if that's the mindset, the second TE to get is Jesse James. Cheaper, strong in-line blocker. Sneaky over the middle. Patricia knows him well.

Is Judon official?

Haven't seen anything yet. Typically though with the Patriots (because we so rarely hear ANYTHING about what they're doing until it's done), hearing they're "close" is a good sign. But until there's an official announcement, I'm not banking on it.

Going after multiple people on day one of the tampering period. Shelling out top money to get them. Essentially acknowledging that the critics of the team have been correct.

The New England Patriots are now just every other team.

Didn't he say he only wanted to play with Brady? Does this mean the Bucs aren't interested in re-signing him or not offering him close to what he wants?

He probably saw the jonnu contract and said what a minute. Granted gronk’s old but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes