PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could just be negotiating leverage. If he still only plans to play with Brady he doesn't do himself any favors by making that knowledge public.

The problem is I am sure the Bucs know that Gronk wants to play with Brady and that is his first choice.

Jason Verrett staying with the 49ers:

Top value contract so far by far - good on JV betting on himself - another healthy season and he could be at the top of a much better market..

Didn't he say he only wanted to play with Brady? Does this mean the Bucs aren't interested in re-signing him or not offering him close to what he wants?

He probably saw the jonnu contract and said what a minute. Granted gronk’s old but who knows.

Their "kids experiment" didn't fail. Both were hurt at different times.

However, if that's the mindset, the second TE to get is Jesse James. Cheaper, strong in-line blocker. Sneaky over the middle. Patricia knows him well.
Cousin, Good catch.
DW Toys

Wow, im hard

The problem is I am sure the Bucs know that Gronk wants to play with Brady and that is his first choice.

Oh for sure, they probably have a good beat on these things. Still, never hurts your position to put a little extra doubt in their minds.

Haven't seen anything yet. Typically though with the Patriots (because we so rarely hear ANYTHING about what they're doing until it's done), hearing they're "close" is a good sign. But until there's an official announcement, I'm not banking on it.
His agent's driving up the price.
$56M/ 4 yrs

Didn't he say he only wanted to play with Brady? Does this mean the Bucs aren't interested in re-signing him or not offering him close to what he wants?

Could just be negotiating leverage. If he still only plans to play with Brady he doesn't do himself any favors by making that knowledge public.

He probably wants to be wooed and if he gets a greater offer (like Jonu, which I doubt he'll get) then he can go back to Tampa and have some leverage, like Sicilian says. I doubt there is a big market for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes