PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except you aren't replying with opinion. You're replaying with claims that were never made.

You have ZERO support for the idea that BB is moving on from Cannon. None at all. In fact, MY statement is much more likely than anything you've posted to this point on the matter.
Gawd.

I believe BB will be moving on from Cannon. That is an opinion.

You believe he won't and you believe you scenario is more likely than mine. That is also an opinion.

Gawd.

You believe he won't and you believe you scenario is more likely than mine. That is also an opinion.

Yes, I notice how you're ignoring the false claims that you made previously.. Because those were what I was referring to that IS NOT opinion. Revisionist much?

We've got a lot of discussion centering around important things like

How many FAs will actually hit the market?
Will the market be hot or cold?
How much money will these guys be getting?

Well, he's a bit of an explanation as to why we've still got those questions, few answers, and the possibility that the free agency deadline might get pushed back:

Ev9vWcQWQAQYohQ

Yes, I notice how you're ignoring the false claims that you made previously.. Because those were what I was referring to that IS NOT opinion. Revisionist much?
Are you calling me out for making a statement/opinion?

What false claims? Last time I checked I wasn't BB.

This is a fan board y'know.

Gawd.

Assuming Thuney walks, if Owenu doesn't slide inside, I see Cannon gone. However, unless Cannon struggles in camp, I think Onwenu slides inside and they keep Cannon at a reduced price.

It's notable that Cannon remained on the roster until last July 28 when he opted out, despite the team being down to approximately a million in cap room at one point. Either a year off or the lower cap could have changed those circumstances, but Belichick clearly wasn't giving up on Cannon after the 2019 season.

The question is was Belichick read not to give up on Cannon or was he giving him a shot to prove himself or someone else to steal his starting role in before the final cut down.

Cut or trade the former Beast!

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that Venecol had already beaten me to this until after I posted...

The sentiment still stands however...Onwenu is now our starting RT, and NOT our future starting LG; keeping Cannon's salary as a non-starting-caliber RT is therefore illogical.

Last edited:
I am PISSED we didn’t make that deal. Wilson has pro bowl ability

ATM he has a pro bowl disability. & MIA obviously more desperate @OL so they need to take as many shots as possible.
Could be a long process and Miami hardly the rehab environment for Wilson's new habits. Lots to take on for Flores but he is the one for the job.

Breer's trade candidates:
Kwon Alexander
Geno Atkins
Michael Brockers
Brandon Brooks
Trent Brown
Zach Ertz
Stephon Gilmore
LaMarcus Joyner
Latavius Murray
Andrew Norwell
David Njoku
Emmanuel Sanders
Preston Smith
Kevin Zeitler

Excluding Gilmore (needs a new contract rather than already having too big of one) and Brooks (guaranteed salary), I feel pretty confident in saying at least half of the others will be cut rather than traded. Will be interesting to come back to this next week and next month.

Never mind...

Last edited:
I am PISSED we didn’t make that deal. Wilson has pro bowl ability

ATM he has a pro bowl disability. & MIA obviously more desperate @OL so they need to take as many shots as possible.
Could be a long process and Miami hardly the rehab environment for Wilson's new habits. Lots to take on for Flores but he is the one for the job.

Sounds like an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes