PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking bengals will be interested. They have the money.
Agreed. I’d say CIN, LAC, NYJ or MIA. Though a team like BAL wouldn’t surprise me.

Last edited:

Riddick & Curran both hinting at significant investments coming at DL.

If this is the plan, then who knows, maybe the Pats let Thuney go out that and then re-sign him if it's not too ridiculous an amount.

I doubt it, but the guy is really good and rarely leaves the field.

I mean, we keep talking about who would go get him because they have the money. WE have the money.

Riddick & Curran both hinting at significant investments coming at DL.

That’s exactly what I had hoped for if true. Big investments in the trenches (and hopefully qb) and let the rest fall to us on the bargain bin.

KC Mahommes was under constant attack.
Chiefs salary cap position. Remember they have to be +5M to sign rookies.
1615306213109.png
So they are -$23.5M and then Thuney adds another $10M+ on top of that? Not sure that is going to happen.

Yikes, this is the perfect example of being afraid of free agency. He's nowhere near worth the projected $14.5M.

Yikes, this is the perfect example of being afraid of free agency. He's nowhere near worth the projected $14.5M.

They have tons of cap and probably decided to keep Lawrence from getting killed. It is only for 1 year. Now they can draft someone and have a year to train them.

They have tons of cap and probably decided to keep Lawrence from getting killed. It is only for 1 year. Now they can draft someone and have a year to train them.
Yeah, but having money is no excuse to go set it on fire. Robinson was 59th out of 62 in ESPN's pass blocking stat and 42nd out of 59 in PFF's. PFF also projected him to get a one year, $2 million contract this offseason. OTC is a little more generous, giving him a value of almost $6 million last season.

Not sure if the team wants to pony up the money but if they do then yes please on Dupree.

Kinda hoped Godwin would hit FA but not a shock to see him tagged. I think Brady and Evans will probably both rework their deals to help accommodate that...

No tag for Robinson or Golladay yet.

This is a rare player hitting FA. Someone that would generally cost multiple picks. Could he be the offensive version of the Gilmore deal in 2017?

We are going to lose Thuney and Andrews

Thuney is gone. Andrews will most likely be back. Thuney is a much better player, but I think Belichick knows Andrews is more important to this offense. It is clear that the line is more conducive with Andrews at center making the line assignments than someone else. Mason really struggled without him and so did the rest of the o-line.

I think the Pats tagged Thuney last year because they either expected Brady to be back or expected Stidham to start. With Stidham, I think they wanted to give him the best o-line possible to allow him to have time to make plays. I think they feared ruining him if he was constantly under pressure. Granted that ended up being a moot point because he wasn't good enough to even start. I think if they knew they were going with Newton and this was a complete blow up year that I think Thuney would have been allowed to go elsewhere.

Just a theory.

This is a rare player hitting FA. Someone that would generally cost multiple picks. Could he be the offensive version of the Gilmore deal in 2017?

So many teams are still over the cap or way too close to it, that I still think we may see a few more surprises this season with good to great players hitting the free agent market. And not just the guys past their prime like Watts.

In 2018, we traded a 3rd for Trent Brown and a 5th.
In 2021, we traded a 2022 5th for Trent Brown and a 2022 7th.

We basically traded a 4th and a 6th for 2 seasons with a BIG dominant run blocking OT without paying him at the top of the market. I love it....

BB the GM gets a win here in my book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back