PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else does he have as clients?

He does have this TE Gronkowski o_O

This is just his way of saying - SHUT UP.
Shutting mouths across NFL in first hours of FA. A statement to all the post SB ******** here and elsewhere.
So doing things that show an obvious admission that he's been screwing up is really just a screw you to the rest of the league?

Sure.....

Who's complaining? You obviously don't know how to read.
“He’s gone crazy” doesn’t sound like an endorsement.
You should have just listened to me because he’s doing exactly what I said he would.

The reduced salary cap, most teams in salary cap hell, the Pats way under, coming off a losing season... talk about the perfect storm for Bill to go off. I love it. This is fun.

So doing things that show an obvious admission that he's been screwing up is really just a screw you to the rest of the league?

Sure.....
Things like this are why you just don’t get it.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Clearly the Brady>Bill talk/Brady Super Bowl victory has gotten under Bill's skin. Bill is uncharacteristically the most active so far.
This was always going to happen, they used last year to reset the cap and are goin to reload this year.

The reduced salary cap, most teams in salary cap hell, the Pats way under, coming off a losing season... talk about the perfect storm for Bill to go off. I love it. This is fun.
As I have been saying in previous years there was no cap space because the roster was flush with good and expensive players. This year it is not, so there is cap room and it’s being used to fill those spots.

I think today shows that the Pats are not committed to Cam Newton being a day one starter. They aren't going to be this aggressive day one of free agency and commit the starting QB role to a guy they gave one year back up money to unless they at least try to upgrade the QB positon. They may not be able to get someone, but I cannot believe they intend to go into the season with Newton as the starter unless Lance or Jones on the sideline learning.

I think that's the plan to be honest. Bill going after younger guys who can be a part of the future.

Draft lance or Jones to sit behind cam. And use the savings on cams contract to bolster other areas of the team. The difference between cam newton at 3.5million and say trubisky at 10-12million could be another young foundational piece

Maybe I'm wrong. But I take this as Bill is going to draft a guy and just go forward with cam for a year

Not to Judon and Mills. And Jonuu was their top receiving option along with everything else he can do.
Judon was estimated to come in between $16-$17M/yr.

From what I read he's getting $16M/yr over 1st two years but $14M/yr average, so yes he came in under the estimates. Still a lot of money.

I'm not familiar with Mills.

page forum GIF

They are a WR & a QB away from arguably contending. Too bad one of those will be a tall task.

We probably also have more trades and cuts lined up to free up cash too. Can't imagine Bill not dipping his toe into the bargain bin guys too like he always does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand