PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
We probably also have more trades and cuts lined up to free up cash too. Can't imagine Bill not dipping his toe into the bargain bin guys too like he always does.
Yup, what does the Jalen Mills signing portend for Gilmore or Jackson?

They are a WR & a QB away from arguably contending. Too bad one of those will be a tall task.

They will be competitive as hell with Cam as well. Betting people should take some of their games now..

It's only a competition in some peoples minds. For the life of me, I can't figure out why it has to be.
Because people gotta bltch about something.

@DaBruinz , at the rate we are going this update will take you longer than normal

Probably nothing. He replaces McCourty and we probably play more 4 corner dime.

Bill spending that stimmy. Hopefully, he saves enough for a receiver or two. I'm good with a rookie QB.

It's only a competition in some peoples minds. For the life of me, I can't figure out why it has to be.
What competition? It was a simple statement of fact. The Patriots haven't won without Brady.

Context: The post that was being responded to:

Because other teams don't win.

The Patriots win.

Why would it portend anything for them? Mills is a reserve DB. He can be the first guy off the bench when they need someone to step in.. If anything, it speaks to the uphill battle that JoeJuan Williams, Bryant, Virgin, Jackson, and Ross will have to make the roster.

Three names I like: John Brown, Corey Davis, Adam Humphries. Humphries has the obvious past Patriot-hopeful signing, Corey Davis is a much improved receiver than most people understand (and a good use of 9-10 mill compared to 16+), and John Brown could be an excellent WR2 complement if we get who we believe to be our WR1.

I think that's the plan to be honest. Bill going after younger guys who can be a part of the future.

Draft lance or Jones to sit behind cam. And use the savings on cams contract to bolster other areas of the team. The difference between cam newton at 3.5million and say trubisky at 10-12million could be another young foundational piece

Maybe I'm wrong. But I take this as Bill is going to draft a guy and just go forward with cam for a year

I think the only way they are satisfied with Cam as the starter is if they draft a QB with their first pick. I think I should have clarified that better. Why spend this money on players only have to reset the QB position next year with no plan?

I think either they get Garoppolo or draft a QB in the first or think Tribusky or Mariota are very good QBs in search of the right system. I am with you though that drafting Jones or Lance seems to be the front runner in my mind.

“He’s gone crazy” doesn’t sound like an endorsement.
You should have just listened to me because he’s doing exactly what I said he would.
I've said: I love it, every single time and you know it, but whatever dude.

By the way, EVERYONE is shocked about what Belichick is doing. Is Schefter complaining too?

20210315_153548.jpg

What competition? It was a simple statement of fact. The Patriots haven't won without Brady.

Context: The post that was being responded to:
It's clearly why he's spending like he his. I thought he'd do his usual bargain shopping, but you posted earlier they've spent more in guaranteed money today alone than in the last 10 years. Coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes