PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dolphins again with multiple first rd. Picks over the years. Division will be tough
And one qb Option fewer. Hate the trade

I have to imagine San Fran has the same thought process that New England would have if they draft a rookie QB: You want the vet there for the first season so you don't have to throw the kid to the wolves. Now, this could make Jimmy available next offseason...
There's also the issue of which of these QBs SF thinks are year one starters, and which might need a year of seasoning.

I think if I’m Jimmy G I’m demanding a trade right now to New England.
I’m guessing it will cost our 2nd
Possibly that, but also to keep things covered while parts are still moving around. A QB injury here, or a Jets trade out there, and that situation can still change quite a bit.
I dunno if I want this guy for 26m cap hit.

I am glad I am not the GM. This affects this team for a maybe a decade.

A bit early for that trade to be made public, but whatever Lynch is dancing to his own drum.

Lets see how the other dominos fall.
It’s all posturing so as to not dilute Jimmy’s trade value. But actions speak louder than words and the fact that they didn’t waste any time trading up to that spot shows urgency to address a QB spot they are clearly not satisfied with. Although the money isn’t guaranteed, Jimmy costs them too much money to not produce to that level, and they won’t even entertain the idea of redoing his contract to pay him beyond this year. He’s as good as gone it’s just a matter of when and how.

Wow!! Sf aint playing around. Dolphins got great value in return, damn! At least they seem to be committed to tua though thats a plus :)

I dunno if I want this guy for 26m cap hit.

I am glad I am not the GM. This affects this team for a maybe a decade.

Same, no way in hell im paying a top contract to Jimmy G... he is constantly injured

And a QB domino falls.....

We now know that Tua is the man in South Florida for better or worse...

Let's see what the Jete do.....

What a haul for the Lolphins, tip the cap. The Texans really are the cluster**** that keeps on giving.

Only way you trade for Jimmy is if you restructure his contract as part of the deal. And even then he’s not worth a 2nd round pick, that’s not happening. Decent chance he gets cut so I wouldn’t offer anything more than one of the 4th rounders this year or a 3rd rounder next year.

And before anyone mentions Cassel, he was two years younger, came off a strong debut season as a starter, and was franchise tagged for a much more affordable $14m.

Not at that cap hit!
Why not? Please explain why paying a STARTING QB a $24M salary is such a bad thing? Please explain why it's such a bad thing when Garappolo is a known entity and is fluent in their system? Especially when there isn't JACK on the market currently to be an actual BRIDGE QB otherwise.

Only way you trade for Jimmy is if you restructure his contract as part of the deal. And even then he’s not worth a 2nd round pick, that’s not happening. Decent chance he gets cut so I wouldn’t offer anything more than one of the 4th rounders this year or a 3rd rounder next year.

And before anyone mentions Cassel, he was two years younger, came off a strong debut season as a starter, and was franchise tagged for a much more affordable $14m.

The 49ers aren't cutting Garappolo.. The 49ers aren't going to hand the keys to the kingdom to a rookie with zero NFL experience.

MIA making the moves. Smart as hell, cashed in to move down just 3 spots.

Panthers are SOL now. Have to choose between Lance or Jones if they want a quarterback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back