PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we actually DO trade for Watson....will Cam ask for his release?

Define evidence

They are making moves that makes it look more likely that they are preparing to make the team conducive to a trade for Watson. It could be to mentor Tua or it could be adding a back up who's playing style is more similar to Watson's. Just speculating.

?? I’ve seen Brissett actually win games. I’ve hardly seen Stidham complete a pass.

Brissett also got a lot of reps and game experience with a pretty solid Colts team build by Ballard.

Stidham never got any of that when he was called upon. Objectively, it makes for a huge difference.

Either way both are backup tier at best.

I really dont understand why is it so necessary for people to think Newton as a straight back up?
Does it help getting through the day? :)

Wonder what the overlap with the "Wynn as a guard" crowd is.

I really dont understand why is it so necessary for people to think Newton as a straight back up?
No it was more of a Joke:) I hope for a trade up in draft cause i don't want to see Newton with Stidham or Hoyer as our QB Room and i don't see the need for Brisett when we have Newton
Just a failed try for a joke ;)

If we actually DO trade for Watson....will Cam ask for his release?

I don't think the Pats will trade for Watson. I think they would release Newton if he had a shot at a starting role somewhere else in that scenario. But I can't see it coming to that.

It’s better than sitting in fear of him being out there ruining another season.

EwoVCD_WUAEspSE

Dalton to Chicago, Taylor to Houston, Brissett to Miami. Lots of QB movement suddenly. Dalton is probably a starter... Taylor I would think would be a backup, but it only being a 1-year deal makes me wonder if this is pre-empting a Watson trade.

?? I’ve seen Brissett actually win games. I’ve hardly seen Stidham complete a pass.
Is winning 12 out of 32 really something to brag about?

• Agree
Reactions: jah
No it was more of a Joke:) I hope for a trade up in draft cause i don't want to see Newton with Stidham or Hoyer as our QB Room and i don't see the need for Brisett when we have Newton
Just a failed try for a joke ;)

The joke is on me - i know you're on the right side of darkness :)

Dalton to Chicago, Taylor to Houston, Brissett to Miami. Lots of QB movement suddenly. Dalton is probably a starter... Taylor I would think would be a backup, but it only being a 1-year deal makes me wonder if this is pre-empting a Watson trade.
Andy Dalton the lynch pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick