PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

base salary in 2021: 10,54 Million

Maybe Dalton really was the lynch pin?

CHI could not get Wilson so they get Dalton then the next few dominoes fall?

now I can't tell if it's a joke or not..

it would be a VERY cruel joke
Just wanted to add this to the chung speculation as i thought it's funny what long term teammates thought chung would mean :D

I'm calling now. The Pats are trading the 15th pick and Gilmore for the #1 overall pick. Listening to sports talk radio the last few days, apparently Gilmore is worth a first round pick. So why not trade him and get Lawrence?
We'd need to trade much more than that. Gilmore, #15, 2022 #1, several more early picks.

Dalton to Chicago, Taylor to Houston, Brissett to Miami. Lots of QB movement suddenly. Dalton is probably a starter... Taylor I would think would be a backup, but it only being a 1-year deal makes me wonder if this is pre-empting a Watson trade.
Not saying this will happen, but the option was just put in place....

Watson: "I'll sit out the whole year if I have to!"

Caserio: "OK, we'll toll your contract and go with Tyrod as the starter for a year. You can come back next year and be in the same exact position."

I'm calling now. The Pats are trading the 15th pick and Gilmore for the #1 overall pick. Listening to sports talk radio the last few days, apparently Gilmore is worth a first round pick. So why not trade him and get Lawrence?
The Jags already signed Diggs if I remembered right. Maybe we can get Number 2 Pick from Jets since they need a CB :ninja:

I called Damien Williams from the Chiefs getting released last off season for opting out and I was right. I'm enjoying a fresh baked cookie right now. They drafted a back in the first round last year and he opted out?

Update: he opted out to care for his Mom who had stage four cancer. Boy, do I feel like an a**hole.

We'd need to trade much more than that IMO. Gilmore, #15, 2022 #1, probably a few second round picks.

I was joking. Gilmore doesn't have that much trade value being on the wrong side of 30, being injured, and in his last year of his deal. I am just making fun of the ridiculous compensation people who call into WEEI and 98.5 think the Pats can get for Gilmore.

I was joking. Gilmore doesn't have that much trade value being on the wrong side of 30, being injured, and in his last year of his deal. I am just making fun of the ridiculous compensation people who call into WEEI and 98.5 think the Pats can get for Gilmore.
oh lol

I called Damien Williams from the Chiefs getting released last off season for opting out and I was right. I'm enjoying a fresh baked cookie right now. They drafted a back in the first round last year and he opted out? Not a wise decision on his part.
That's awesome, everyone should have homemade cookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents