PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying this will happen, but the option was just put in place....

Watson: "I'll sit out the whole year if I have to!"

Caserio: "OK, we'll toll your contract and go with Tyrod as the starter for a year. You can come back next year and be in the same exact position."
Wouldn't Watson just report with 6 or 7 weeks left in the season so the year counts towards the contract?

I was joking. Gilmore doesn't have that much trade value being on the wrong side of 30, being injured, and in his last year of his deal. I am just making fun of the ridiculous compensation people who call into WEEI and 98.5 think the Pats can get for Gilmore.

We’d be lucky to get a 3rd for Gillmore right now. I really wish we had traded him and Tuney last offseason.

1 Lawrence
2 Wilson
4 Fields
5 bengals
6 Eagles- don’t know they will do
7 Lions- could take a QB.
so, in order to get the #4 of our choice, we would need trade up to 5.

We’d be lucky to get a 3rd for Gillmore right now. I really wish we had traded him and Tuney last offseason.
I said the same thing Gilmore should of been moved last draft.
We could of got a first coming off defensive MVP

I speculate that they kept Thuney because they thought Stidham might start and they wanted to give him the most stable o-line possible so that he wasn't throwing under press every down. And I just don't think they got an offer for Gilmore they liked. Word was they were actively shopping him.

Let's say we were going for Watson... what is the price? And who is the competition? Jets and Dolphins? And they both have GREAT picks to trade.

Seems very unlikely we can even get DeShaun :(

Let's say we were going for Watson... what is the price? And who is the competition? Jets and Dolphins? And they both have GREAT picks to trade.

all you need is hope

We could definitely make the money work, but it would take a truckload which I would do. Multiple 1st round picks the next 3 years along with multiple 2nd rders is my guess. You would need more considering the Pats would be instant SB contenders so therefore the picks would be later in the draft.

We could definitely make the money work, but it would take a truckload which I would do. Multiple 1st round picks the next 3 years along with multiple 2nd rders is my guess. You would need more considering the Pats would be instant SB contenders so therefore the picks would be later in the draft.

I'd be very tempted to do it too, but I am a fan hehe.

Would the entire draft be enough for Watson? without touching future drafts?

all you need is hope
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

SOME THOUGHTS
1) WR's aren't getting the money, and few are willing to sign now.
2) QB's are now moving. Perhaps, we'll see a big trade tomorrow to MIA or the NYJ.
3) Someone needs to start the ball rolling on RB's.
4) We'll see if anyone scoops up Andrews or Van Noy, or whether we'll be able to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes