PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cap hit being only 4m doesn't change the fact he is making at least 8m for this year. The rest is just fancy accounting to manipulate the cap.

The Bucs will be garbage in 3 years unless they nail the next 2 drafts including a reliable QB. But it's gonna be glorious to see Brady getting maximized for his final run
As long as Brady is Brady/Bradyish, the Bucs can be competitive. They've got talent, and they're not going to have to dip too far into the well in order to pay those who need to be paid.

If teams aren't careful these dummy years can add up.
It always does.

It caught up to the Pats last year and Bill decided to let it play it out instead of kicking it down further.

It would be interesting if Brady had stayed if Bill would kept mortgaging or been patient for this FA.

In 3 years after Brady has retired and the future spending the Bucs have done this off-season catches up will make them terrible unless they nail the draft.

The Bucs won't have the cap space in 3 years for a vet QB if they re-sign players like Godwin, Vea, and White. Plus David and Dean.
Wait, the patriots talking that approach starting in 2014 has you crying like a little baby.

The cap hit being only 4m doesn't change the fact he is making at least 8m for this year. The rest is just fancy accounting to manipulate the cap.

The Bucs will be garbage in 3 years unless they nail the next 2 drafts including a reliable QB. But it's gonna be glorious to see Brady getting maximized for his final run

Our success has broken people’s brains because like 28 fanbases would sell their souls and agree to suck for another decade in exchange for a real chance to threepeat.

In 3 years after Brady has retired and the future spending the Bucs have done this off-season catches up will make them terrible unless they nail the draft.

The Bucs won't have the cap space in 3 years for a vet QB if they re-sign players like Godwin, Vea, and White. Plus David and Dean.

So what! For 3 years they’ll be contenders after winning a super bowl you can go into a rebuild after that. Yes cap hell but they’ll build around Vea, White, and Winfield and the cap coming from Brady’s retirement. The QB after Brady will likely be a draft pick as well

Our success has broken people’s brains because like 28 fanbases would sell their souls and agree to suck for another decade in exchange for a real chance to threepeat.
I think the Bucs are doing exactly the right thing - maximize Brady. Ariens is 68 and Brady is much younger!

Go for it.

I'm sure they won't care at all if they win another Super Bowl. These are the Bucs we're talking about.

As i said yesterday - no Andrews news today is the best news.

These are all max contracts. Im not sure if we even saw any of the base contracts except Agholor..

Id have them around 20M cap left atm (all reported signings incl Brown, JC likely tender..)

If Agholor Bourne means Jules is finished that adds some 3M.

Beau, LaCosse, Vitale = c 4M.

Hightower extension 6.5M

etc

The majority of signings that will significantly affect the cap is done though.

Andrews / C still to come. They are in on some big RBs reportedly. LB maybe. DL is still weak unfortunately so i hope for some inside rusher or at least something like Guy. I hope Davis was just a depth signing.

Wait, the patriots talking that approach starting in 2014 has you crying like a little baby.
I'm not crying. Far from it, this past season was extremely satisfying.

I'm not a mindless Billeiver. I think Bill is one the of the GOAT coaches but I don't think he is some god that others on this board make him out to be.

I'm excited for the pats this year and love the Cam re-signing along with Judon and Jonnu. I also like the Agholor and Bourne but not the cost

I'm sure they won't care at all if they win another Super Bowl. These are the Bucs we're talking about.
Exactly. Bucs fans usually get restless after 20 or so years.

The Pats have never done anything close to what the Bucs are doing this off season.

The Pats have never done anything close to what the Bucs are doing this off season.
Sure they did, but they did it more methodically.

Corey Davis to NYJ. 3 years 37.5 mil

If he got anything close than that I will $h!t a cucumber

Both were in a bunch that were projected around 6-7M apy .. so prepare some toile paper :)

He played well, improved each yr despite injuries and fits like a glove as Pats DE/DL when he is disciplined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes