PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: April Edition

There were times people prayed Pats draft him

Better than the stiff that Little Billy drafted two picks later, but yeah this guy has had a very disappointing career too... Reminds me of Shaun Wade, the rookie concussion-body whom Billy gave away TWO future draft assets to acquire... No thanks.

There were times people prayed Pats draft him

We have a 6 man secondary. The only ones producing are McCourty, Phillips, Dugger, Jackson, Mills and Jones.

Williams, Wade and Bryant haven't done much. Bethel shouldn't be the first one in when Jones needs to be taken out (as happened in the TB game).

IMO, we need 8 positional defensive backs, one of whom can be inactive in any given game.

Last edited:
Dugger is horrific in coverage.
He is always late to reacting to the ball in the air.
Dugger has been fine in coverage.
In 5 games he has been targeted only 14 times with 8 completions for 93 yards. Yes that is just 18.6 yards per game.

Better than the stiff that Little Billy drafted two picks later, but yeah this guy has had a very disappointing career too... Reminds me of Shaun Wade, the rookie concussion-body whom Billy gave away TWO future draft assets to acquire... No thanks.

Shaun Wade has had a disappointing career? You realize he's a rookie, right? He's been in the NFL for just over 5 months.

Don't let facts get in the way of some misplaced fervor, I guess.

Shaun Wade has had a disappointing career? You realize he's a rookie, right? He's been in the NFL for just over 5 months.

Don't let facts get in the way of some misplaced fervor, I guess.

Sean Davis, not Shaun Wade, has had a disappointing career thus far.

I feel like I've seen too many plays where he isn't playing the ball and he's been out of position.
He was touted for being this incredible playmaker when the ball is in the air but we aren't seeing it.

Duggar has less than 2 completions per game for less than 20 yards per game. What exactly do you expect? He has been horrible? I have not seen what you are seeing. Do you have any more details?

I feel like I've seen too many plays where he isn't playing the ball and he's been out of position.
He was touted for being this incredible playmaker when the ball is in the air but we aren't seeing it.
The stats say your eyes are fooling you.

Duggar has less than 2 completions per game for less than 20 yards per game. What exactly do you expect? He has been horrible? I have not seen what you are seeing. Do you have any more details?
The new talk-radio HAWT take is that he's not making impact plays.

Can Kenny Stills work here? I know Harry is an all beater as a blocker but geezss... will it be easy for him to pick our offense after playing in BOB offense?

I'd love for the Pats to put in a claim on him.. But it's unlikely that all the other teams ahead of the Pats in the waiver order would pass on him.
Talent would upgrade the position but discipline issues the risk.

How may times have we heard that about a player only for them to come in and be a model citizen? Dillon. Moss (for 3 years). And we've had a few guys who were supposedly "solid locker room" guys come in and flame out. The biggest was Adalius Thomas.

How may times have we heard that about a player only for them to come in and be a model citizen? Dillon. Moss (for 3 years). And we've had a few guys who were supposedly "solid locker room" guys come in and flame out. The biggest was Adalius Thomas.
Agree. BB would not rule out based on risk. Every player carries risks. He will fit in or be gone. I’m all in.

Last edited:

Wasn't their Safety Justin Reid - who at the very same time had been announced as their own Payton Award nominee - also suspended for one game for "disciplinary" reasons? Maybe it's not the players...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back