PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: April Edition

I saw a proposed trade of Derek Carr and 2 1sts for Rodgers and that makes alot of sense.

You know, I actually like this one. I was thinking about it earlier today before reading this.

Best move Caserio may of ever made.
Houston robbed them in that trade.
I’ve always liked Miller.
I bet he’s wicked awesome in Madden, amirite?

I saw a proposed trade of Derek Carr and 2 1sts for Rodgers and that makes alot of sense.
How does that trade make sense for the Packers?

He's probably worth the 5th or 6th that Houston will give up.

Could even be nothing more than a late-round pick swap...And for that price, why wasn't Bill willing to take a one-year rental gamble on him, especially since Little Nicky - with I'm sure much of the same scouting reports on him that Bill has - was himself willing to do so?

How does that trade make sense for the Packers?
You are getting younger at QB getting a good to very good QB at a moderate contract. But more importantly you are keeping Adams since him and Carr are BFFs.
You can give it a season or 2 to see if Carr is your Franchise QB or you can manipulate the picks to move up a draft board to get a guy you like at QB.
If Carr is the guy and plays his best football you can use the picks for BPA or to move up and down to have a more flexible draft or drafts.
So for me biggest thing is you are keeping Adams and keeping Adams happy.

2. You are strengthening your QB because Carr is arguably Much better than Love.
3. You have multiple ways to fix the hole of Rodgers leaving.
4. You don’t just watch him retire and get nothing.
Why it makes sense for the Raiders?
You are in a division with Mahommes.
Rodgers Is a superstar.
Gruden needs a run in the playoffs or him and Mayock could be out.
Rodgers should net you at least 2 more wins than Carr would.

Could even be nothing more than a late-round pick swap...And for that price, why wasn't Bill willing to take a one-year rental gamble on him, especially since Little Nicky - with I'm sure much of the same scouting reports on him that Bill has - was himself willing to do so?
Miller is good with the ball in his hands, he is definitely a upgrade from Kneal.
His weakness is route running, however Mcdaniels has a knack for getting guys who make plays the ball in space.
So at worst he’s a Patterson gadget kind of guy.
Maybe he improves route running and wr nuances and you have something.
It was very cheap to check him out and kick the tires.
I think it’s a excellent move by Houston.

You are getting younger at QB getting a good to very good QB at a moderate contract. But more importantly you are keeping Adams since him and Carr are BFFs.
You can give it a season or 2 to see if Carr is your Franchise QB or you can manipulate the picks to move up a draft board to get a guy you like at QB.
If Carr is the guy and plays his best football you can use the picks for BPA or to move up and down to have a more flexible draft or drafts.
So for me biggest thing is you are keeping Adams and keeping Adams happy.

2. You are strengthening your QB because Carr is arguably Much better than Love.
3. You have multiple ways to fix the hole of Rodgers leaving.
4. You don’t just watch him retire and get nothing.
Why it makes sense for the Raiders?
You are in a division with Mahommes.
Rodgers Is a superstar.
Gruden needs a run in the playoffs or him and Mayock could be out.
Rodgers should net you at least 2 more wins than Carr would.

I could go over these one at a time, but there's not really a reason to do so. None of your arguments make it a good trade for the Packers.

• You're not strengthening your QB spot. You're swapping Rodgers for a lesser QB, and not getting enough in return.
  • You already have multiple ways to fix the hole of Rodgers leaving.
  • If Rodgers retires, the team gets money refunded and cap space opened up.
  • Adams will stay regardless of this move. He's got no choice, unless the Packers let him go.

Good player...good guy...seemed to slow down a bit the past 1-2 years even though last year he had 53 tackles...tying his previous high. It just seemed he had a hard time getting to the edge.

I agree.

But at some point someone has to have the tackle numbers and when the players around him were very young, or not that athletic, or very slow too, the numbers get inflated.

"Wynn's short, stout, powerful build and mobility make his NFL future at guard, but his versatility has helped him meet the team's need at left tackle. He was a second-team All-American and first-team All-SEC selection in 2017, starting all 15 games on the outside to lead the way for the team's excellent running backs and protect freshman quarterback Jake Fromm. Wynn was a four-star recruit and top-10 guard prospect nationally out of Lakewood High School in St. Petersburg, Florida before joining the Bulldogs. He played in 11 games as a true freshman, starting once as a second tight end. Wynn began his sophomore year at the left guard spot, starting eight games there before moving over one spot to his left for the remaining five games. The transfer of Tyler Catalina from Western Carolina to Georgia forced Wynn to slide back to the left guard spot in 2016, where he started 12 times (missing one game due to injury)."
Win with Wynn motherf***s!

I wanted to check out whether he grew up poor, so I could riff off the above thing about him being short, and then build from there to the state of nature as recounted in Hobbes' Leviathan, in which life is "solitary, nasty, poor, brutish, and short."

But on the way I tripped over his real life story stuff and I just love the guy more.

Worth a flier?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back