PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: April Edition

I may be the minority but I would of rather signed Ingram for low money and use the cap in the secondary or the WR then to throw a brinks truck at Judon.
Again nothing against Judon I think he will be a really good player for us i just prefer to spread the cap around.

You are talking about swapping two very different players. Ingram is 6 foot 2, 245 lbs. Judon is 6 foot 3, 270+ pounds. Very different frames.

BB clearly targeted Judon to fill the role of physical edge who well hopefully be an asset not only as a pass rusher but also as a run defender. The latter was sorely lacking last year. It is incorrect just to say “I would’ve signed Ingram to a lesser deal over Judon”, because you’re comparing apples and oranges….Not to mention the fact that Ingram is 3 to 4 years older and coming off a knee injury.

You are talking about swapping two very different players. Ingram is 6 foot 2, 245 lbs. Judon is 6 foot 3, 270+ pounds. Very different frames.

BB clearly targeted Judon to fill the role of physical edge who well hopefully be an asset not only as a pass rusher but also as a run defender. The latter was sorely lacking last year. It is incorrect just to say “I would’ve signed Ingram to a lesser deal over Judon”, because you’re comparing apples and oranges….Not to mention the fact that Ingram is 3 to 4 years older and coming off a knee injury.
I can agree with this my point is I don’t want to lose a top tier secondary to get a little younger of a player and more stout.
If we retain both Gilmore and Jackson then all is good.
If we retain 1 we can work with that.
If we lose both God help us.

Judon’s deal is a bargain.
100% agree, but then, just watching a lot of Ravens games, I think he's a much better all around DE than many of those rated ahead of him based on sack totals, a criteria I think greatly overrated.

If we lose both God help us.
You mean if the team is unwilling to pay what these players can get elsewhere, then we are truly screwed.

It seems that there are 3 options for Gilmore, and large numbers here will be pi$$ed no matter the decision.

1) Gilmore gets enough to make him OK for 2021, likely with a no franchise clause for 2022.

2) Gilmore signed a 2 year or longer extension at serious money.

3) Gilmore is traded, perhaps after some hold out.

THE TWO UNLIKELY OPTIONS
4) Gilmore is a star from Game One with no change in contract.
5) Gilmore signs an extension at lower than market rates.

Last edited:
You mean if the team is unwilling to pay what these players can get elsewhere, then we are truly screwed.

It seems that there are 3 options for Gilmore, and large numbers here will be pi$$ed no matter the decision.

1) Gilmore gets enough to make him OK for 2021, likely with a no franchise clause for 2022.

2) Gilmore signed a 2 year or longer extension at serious money.

3) Gilmore is traded, perhaps after some hold out.

THE TWO UNLIKELY OPTIONS
4) Gilmore is a star from Game One with no change in contract.
5) Gilmore signs an extension at lower than market rates.

is Gilmore healthy? Corners performance decline and incidents of injury are usually linked and they are not usually gradual!

is Gilmore healthy? Corners performance decline and incidents of injury are usually linked and they are not usually gradual!

That's the thing for me...Unless Bill has already seen him run etc either via video or personally, then I don't know how an extension can be agreed-upon without knowing if he's even the same player he was in 2020, never mind 2019...

32 years old, 6'3" tall, 315+ lbs. BB might be in on the discussions as not a lot of teams have cap money, but at 32 I doubt it. Would be a good rotational piece, but after shoulder surgery and at 32 years of age, I doubt there is a lot left in the tank. Might start out strong, but hard to imagine he will last well in games 10 - 17.

I saw a proposed trade of Derek Carr and 2 1sts for Rodgers and that makes alot of sense.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back