PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: April Edition

I tried to find out through the link, but I couldn't connect to it...

I searched around a bunch and could not find anything either. He went undrafted and now gets waived in late June for no reason. Something is a foot ...........

He’s been dealing with a hip problem but was not waived with an injury designation per this link:
Pro Football Rumors

Last edited:

Some of his weaknesses according to Zierlein...
  • Catch technique needs significant work.
  • Focus drops could be a lingering issue.
  • Shoddy hands and inconsistent ball-tracking hurt downfield success.

Some of his weaknesses according to Zierlein...
  • Catch technique needs significant work.
  • Focus drops could be a lingering issue.
  • Shoddy hands and inconsistent ball-tracking hurt downfield success.

-participated in murder and attempted mass murder

Last edited:

Still don't get why it matters so much whether a tackle plays on the left or right. I get it, blind side, but if all 5 OL spots aren't solid, the weak link will be exploited no matter where it is. The only real difference is ability to see the defender coming and escape/throw the ball away, but that only comes up when the tackle is already beaten. Also, you'd think a pro QB would have the kind of awareness that would allow him to anticipate when someone is going to approach him from behind.

Treating left tackles as the o-line superstars who are unequivocally more important than the 4 guys to their right just detracts from a team's ability to build a balanced line. This principle also applies to guards and especially centers being undervalued. I'd pay elite center money for an elite center over a Trent Williams style contract any day. Similarly, I'd take an elite TE for market value over an elite WR.

Overall, the fact that Ramczyk is making even this much shows progress toward RT being valued more highly. Just a little disappointed it had a small acknowledgement that LT are still on top of the food chain.

Still don't get why it matters so much whether a tackle plays on the left or right. I get it, blind side, but if all 5 OL spots aren't solid, the weak link will be exploited no matter where it is. The only real difference is ability to see the defender coming and escape/throw the ball away, but that only comes up when the tackle is already beaten. Also, you'd think a pro QB would have the kind of awareness that would allow him to anticipate when someone is going to approach him from behind.

Treating left tackles as the o-line superstars who are unequivocally more important than the 4 guys to their right just detracts from a team's ability to build a balanced line. This principle also applies to guards and especially centers being undervalued. I'd pay elite center money for an elite center over a Trent Williams style contract any day. Similarly, I'd take an elite TE for market value over an elite WR.

Overall, the fact that Ramczyk is making even this much shows progress toward RT being valued more highly. Just a little disappointed it had a small acknowledgement that LT are still on top of the food chain.

I think the value comes in where defenses would prefer to line up their most explosive pass rusher. All things being equal, they'd rather have him coming off the blind side, because it maximizes the chances for fumbles and affected throws (since the QB can't really adjust a throw angle based on a defender they can't see). Having your best OL at LT forces the defense to either A) give their best pass rusher a tougher matchup, or B) line him up somewhere less optimal (and in the case of some players, a position they haven't played nearly as much).

I agree though that the rates at which LT's are paid is disproportionate to this advantage though. They're worth more, but not by the magnitudes you typically see. It's similar to how an edge rushers can often get several million more than an interior pass rusher, even though you could argue collapsing the middle of the pocket is more valuable in a lot of cases, or how an elite WR makes way more than an elite TE. It's all about what the market dictates for the position.

"The NFL has randomly drug tested Gordon the past three months, per Schefter, with Gordon passing all his tests."

"The NFL has randomly drug tested Gordon the past three months, per Schefter, with Gordon passing all his tests."

So many people start the “It’s just weed” argument, but I think people are misled about this. The NFL isn’t allowed to comment on any specifics for drug test violations. They can only confirm there was a violation but cannot leak anything about the substance. So, of course Gordon’s people are going to claim it’s the most benign substance out there, and the league cannot deny it. There’s no way this guy just threw away 8 years of his career for weed. I think his career is done because he’s 30 and teams know this is severe addiction.

I wonder if news outlets have just started changing the dates on previous articles about Gordon and re-releasing them to save money.

What’s a new season without Gordon trying to get reinstated.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back