PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: April Edition

Every time I think of Hoyer now, I go back to the KC game last year and those mental errors he made in the redzone.
There are only two games in Brian Hoyer’s career that stick out to me. Both of them are bad, and both of them were against the Chiefs. That game, and the wildcard round five years ago for the Texans when Bill O’Brien just stood there and watched as Hoyer threw 4 picks, looked completely lost, and gave the team no chance to compete in the game. Then again BoB knows a thing or two about choking in the playoffs to the Chiefs, since four years later his team blew a 24-point (and what could have been 28 point lead if he wasn’t such a coward) at Arrowhead.

Ugh. I don’t want to trash Hoyer too much, he had three stints with the Pats and seems to love the area and want to settle here once his playing days are over. But I can’t remember any great Hoyer performances, on any team, to save my life. And O’Brien sucks and should never be seen in the NFL again as far as I’m concerned. Hot headed stubborn dolt that he is.

Every time I think of Hoyer now, I go back to the KC game last year and those mental errors he made in the redzone.
I agree. I could accept his physical limitations. He's been in the league for years, has started, has been in the system... those errors were horrendous. You were starting precisely because you "weren't going to make stupid mistakes"... ugh.

There are only two games in Brian Hoyer’s career that stick out to me. Both of them are bad, and both of them were against the Chiefs. That game, and the wildcard round five years ago for the Texans when Bill O’Brien just stood there and watched as Hoyer threw 4 picks, looked completely lost, and gave the team no chance to compete in the game. Then again BoB knows a thing or two about choking in the playoffs to the Chiefs, since four years later his team blew a 24-point (and what could have been 28 point lead if he wasn’t such a coward) at Arrowhead.

Ugh. I don’t want to trash Hoyer too much, he had three stints with the Pats and seems to love the area and want to settle here once his playing days are over. But I can’t remember any great Hoyer performances, on any team, to save my life. And O’Brien sucks and should never be seen in the NFL again as far as I’m concerned. Hot headed stubborn dolt that he is.

In 2014, he had the Browns 7-4, first in the division, then Jimmy H'er wanted Johnny Football and it fell apart.

One of the wins included a 28-3 like comeback in Tennessee and another in Atlanta.

Hoyer is boom/bust and he has had some booms. The problem was KC was bust on covid. The season would have gone differently winning that game because that covid turmoil was the 4 game losing streak.

I bet if we won in KC, Hoyer starts against Denver and SF....maybe Buffalo until Newton is fully recovered.

Last edited:

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back