PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: April Edition

I’m starting to wonder if maybe Bridgewater is worth a look. The cap hit isn’t that bad for the trading team. Carolina probably isn’t looking for very much. He’s not amazing, but he’s a better passer than Cam. Maybe you could even platoon them...

If anything he’s at least a chip in discussions for Jimmy. “If you won’t take my 2nd I’ll just trade a 4th for Bridgewater, bye Kyle”

Giovani Bernard... get the St. Thomas Aquinas band back together, Jame White, Bernard, Philip Dorsett. Quite the Ft. Lauderdale football factory. Including some Bosas, a few years later

Interesting development.

Sign me up for this low cost reclamation project.

Another QB?

Geez. They have 4 QBs rostered now. Jimmy G, Josh Rosen, Josh Johnson, and now Nate Sudfeld. And they’re drafting a 5th QB at #3... something a bit odd there.

Maybe Bill said “take my 2nd now or I’m trading for Bridgewater or Minshew, or trading up to #4 even” and they’re just making sure their room is stocked in case the rookie doesn’t work out in year 1.

EDIT: previously had said Mullens was there too but he is actually a free agent still.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t want the Pats to use the 49 on any of the QBs expected to be there at that spot, nor on Jordan Love (though I wouldn’t necessarily hate it, he was the player I coveted last year). I’d rather they draft Javonte Williams and know that the Pats are set at RB beyond this season (Michel and White both FA next year, Harris FA year after that).

I can think of a dozen (or more) ways to maximize #46 than to draft a RB with it...

My top UFA LB still available...until now. THIS is EXACTLY the type of LB whom Bill should've been pursuing the last week or two...Hightower, KVN, Raekwon McMillan to replace Bentley, Eric Wilson to cover the RBs & TEs...Perfect...

I forgot about Johnson. He might not last long with them. They didn’t tender Mullens so he’s an unrestricted free agent.

I can think of a dozen (or more) ways to maximize #46 than to draft a RB with it...

My top UFA LB still available...until now. THIS is EXACTLY the type of LB whom Bill should've been pursuing the last week or two...Hightower, KVN, Raekwon McMillan to replace Bentley, Eric Wilson to cover the RBs & TEs...Perfect...
As long as it’s not a corner or safety that’s cool with me!

Geez. They have 5 QBs rostered now. Jimmy G, Nick Mullens, Josh Rosen, Josh Johnson, and now Nate Sudfeld. And they’re drafting a 6th QB at #3... definitely something a bit odd there.

Maybe Bill said “take my 2nd now or I’m trading for Bridgewater or Minshew, or trading up to #4 even” and they’re just making sure their room is stocked in case the rookie doesn’t work out in year 1.

Umm.. Nick Mullens is a free agent. The 49ers did not tender him in 2021. So they only have 4. The 49ers could cut Rosen and Johnson and not lose a dime because neither received a signing bonus.

Except that Wilson isn't better than Phillips, Mills or Dugger in terms of covering RB/TEs.

If only Bill knew that he was your top remaining UFA LB, maybe he would a Patriot right now. Such a pity. There is no way that the Pats know more about Wilson than you do....prolly never even heard of him, LOL...dumbasses. They also prolly have no idea how/if he would fit in their defensive scheme or which coverage LBs they plan to target in the draft (at a fraction of Wilson’s cost), or which vets who are already on the roster can fill that RB/TE coverage role this year.

Last edited:
I forgot about Johnson. He might not last long with them. They didn’t tender Mullens so he’s an unrestricted free agent.
Umm.. Nick Mullens is a free agent. The 49ers did not tender him in 2021. So they only have 4. The 49ers could cut Rosen and Johnson and not lose a dime because neither received a signing bonus.
Thanks guys - I thought Mullens was a FA too but for some reason a couple websites had it otherwise when I was checking.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back