PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Jets/JEST/Jete Suck thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how fans like this do it? I honestly don't know how I would handle it. We're talking decades of just embarrassing F ups and almost sabotage. Like maybe not even consciously but something innate that causes the FO/Coaches to spectacularly fail at football??

Between not playing to the strengths of the players you drafted and paid in FA. To leaving MB out there. Even playing him. Struggling to put up 20 in 2020. Losing to a 3rd string QB who tossed multiple picks. More Gregg Williams bs.

And that's just one F'n game!!!

Idk how Gase can show his face in that city. He must be a shape-shifter. I can't imagine him just making it through a crowd of New Yorkers without getting suckered punched after burying that team even more in the gutter. It's a cartoon at this point.

I pray Lawrence goes nowhere near that mooseknuckle of a franchise. I can't see them winning a game tbh. Not when Buff/NE/Mia are all playing to win.

We've seen Trubisky have more success than Darnold for F sakes. The kid isn't this bad by a long shot. He's played bad and made mistakes that are on him but genuinely asking what F'n help has he ever had? From coaching, to lack of weapons, OL, environment is awful. I mean no one is successful in that culture. I would absolutely do anything I could to not go there if I'm Lawrence.

Did Frank Gore ever have an ounce of serious championship aspirations? I imagine for a long time now, the financial offers have been in the same ballpark at his age. Such a typical Jets mercenary looking for every last penny with no regard to the work environment or his legacy (outside of his personal accomplishments.)

Did Frank Gore ever have an ounce of serious championship aspirations? I imagine for a long time now, the financial offers have been in the same ballpark at his age. Such a typical Jets mercenary looking for every last penny with no regard to the work environment or his legacy (outside of his personal accomplishments.)
Sure did...2011-2013

I'm not sure he got many offers and maybe he just wants to keep playing? I'm just guessing though.

I pray Lawrence goes nowhere near that mooseknuckle of a franchise. I can't see them winning a game tbh. Not when Buff/NE/Mia are all playing to win.
We should be at that point where top prospects put their foot down and tell teams like the Jets that they aren't playing for them.

You think what Eli and Archie Manning did in '04 was going to open the door for more athletes choosing where they don't want to go. For an athlete who's worked hard to become a top prospect (QB in particular), should not get ruined by going to a dumpster fire of a Franchise. Lawrence should be telling his Agent he's not playing for the Jets. Darnold should ask to be traded as the Jets aren't even trying.

I have a solution that fits perfectly: fire Gase, hire Kyrie and KD. Heck, you won't even have to pay moving costs.

We should be at that point where top prospects put their foot down and tell teams like the Jets that they aren't playing for them.

You think what Eli and Archie Manning did in '04 was going to open the door for more athletes choosing where they don't want to go. For an athlete who's worked hard to become a top prospect (QB in particular), should not get ruined by going to a dumpster fire of a Franchise. Lawrence should be telling his Agent he's not playing for the Jets. Darnold should ask to be traded as the Jets aren't even trying.
I hope Cinci gets it or NYG or even Atlanta. I mean it is what it is but the jets have been so bad developing players, surrounding them with complementary pieces and building a team it would be a shame to see him wasted there.

I mean they don't want to get rid of Gase bc it'll hurt Darnold haha? It's insane. If it weren't for the Bills NY would the joke of the league. NFL can't be happy about that.

It all goes back to the head coach, Gaze. His teams have never shown discipline. God, I still don't see how he kept his job after that first press conference. It was clear he had no leadership potential. It was clear from his time at MIA that he had lost his locker room and didn't seem to care. It's amazing that Williams hasn't shivved him in the back and taken his job by now. It's clear Gaze is the kind of dweeb that Williams must despise.

I seriously think Gaze is still around because Johnson is too cheap to fire him.

Williams was probably thinking that Gaze would be fired soon enough but underestimated how cheap Johnson could be.

There was a time that I might have some empathy for the jete and their fans, but that ended with Parcells.

Now that I think about it, those odds are too low. I remember back in 2011 when the odds for the first score being a safety were 1000:1, and it hit. A jete SB win should be much higher than that.

It's too bad but there were probably a few jete fans, like @JetFan79 that put $100 on the jete to win the SB. Now that Darnit is missing games their chances at a comeback went out the window.

I hope Cinci gets it or NYG or even Atlanta. I mean it is what it is but the jets have been so bad developing players, surrounding them with complementary pieces and building a team it would be a shame to see him wasted there.

I mean they don't want to get rid of Gase bc it'll hurt Darnold haha? It's insane. If it weren't for the Bills NY would the joke of the league. NFL can't be happy about that.

Sadly for the first pick and fortunately for this thread, the jete don't have much of a chance to win a game this season, so any team that already has a win or tie will probably stay ahead of them. Two games vs Miami is their only hope at finding a win and even that's unlikely.

The jete really do suck and are in contention for the worst team in NYFL history. I'll be pulling for them to reach that goal.

Being a professional athlete is a dream career, but it has to be tough to get motivated enough to schlep your *** into MetLife Stadium to suit up for the Jete. What an exercise in futility...

There were glimpses of competence in the Denver game, for Darnold, the WR's, and the defense. Then the inevitable clouds showed up to block out the Jets' sun. Remarkable. But there are some competent players there that we should poach.

Curious... what's the Jete joke? Never heard that term outside this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes