PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Free Agency -- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only you are right about this...thanks for being right.

According to a report out of Miami (Breeland’s most recent visit) he may not be fully recovered from his injury.

They cite a “league source,” so take it with a grain of salt, but there has to be a good reason why CB hungry teams like the Dolphins are letting him come and go. If he’s anything close to returning, they should be amongst the favorites to sign him.

This is what the Miami Dolphins are doing after Bashaud Breeland visit

According to a report out of Miami (Breeland’s most recent visit) he may not be fully recovered from his injury.

They cite a “league source,” so take it with a grain of salt, but there has to be a good reason why CB hungry teams like the Dolphins are letting him come and go. If he’s anything close to returning, they should be amongst the favorites to sign him.

This is what the Miami Dolphins are doing after Bashaud Breeland visit

I think this was in the league-wide training camp info thread a few days back. Was only a matter of time until discussion and posts get split across threads really.

Sounds like whoever gets Breeland will have to put him on Active/NFI until midseason and hope he can get back to speed in the second part of the season. Seems like low risk really for any team because there is no obligation to pay base salary to NFI players (although depending on the relationship with the player teams choose to do so).

Guess his recovery window is either far out or he is asking for unreasonable money otherwise why not sign him if you are Miami.

I think this was in the league-wide training camp info thread a few days back. Was only a matter of time until discussion and posts get split across threads really.
I’m not sure whether or not I’ve even opened that thread, but apologies for the repeat of info. To be perfectly honest, he’s a free agent (and not in any team’s TC), so this thread seems much more appropriate.

I agree that Miami would be a team who’d likely be interested and even willing to shell out a few extra bucks. I bet someone takes a chance on him, but it probably won’t be us.

I’m not sure whether or not I’ve even opened that thread, but apologies for the repeat of info. To be perfectly honest, he’s a free agent (and not in any team’s TC), so this thread seems much more appropriate.

Oh I dont mind it all its just that the discussion on topics sometimes gets forked into different places and then you almost feel like you have to do double posts which feels awkward. But obviously not even in the slightest a reason to apologize.. if anything given when this thread here was opened it should have been closed by an admin once the TC League info thread became a one-fits-all place for around the league stories during camp time.

But then again I guess this thread was lost on page 7 or so until someone dug it out :D

Have a feeling when he's healthy it's a bidding war.

At this point his best bet once he returns to full health is to sign a 1 year deal with a team that has a desperate need at corner so he’s assured to see a lot of snaps to earn that big contract in 2019.

Why did they pass on breeland? Too much money or are there still issues with his health.

Could be either. Could also be that KC just felt that Scandrick is a better fit for them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back