PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Free Agency -- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the hope every year. Contrary to belief that even happened this offseason (Patterson, jc Jackson)

In fairness, Patterson was acquired via trade.

The only 2018 free agent signings who are currently on the roster include Clayborn, Simon, Kamalu, and Meifonwu - plus McClellan and Humber, who have clearly made a positive impact on ST.

Interesting note, to me anyway:

When the Pats traded their 2019 3rd-rounder for Shelton, they received a 5th from the Browns in return. A week later, they traded that 5th-rounder to the Raiders for Patterson, plus a sixth (#210, used to draft Berrios).

So, in effect, the Pats traded a 2019 3rd for Shelton, Patterson and Berrios.

...Meanwhile, I haven't found any record of NFL penalties for 2018 that has King listed with more than 1. What source do you use?
No source; it just seems that he annually has more penalties called against him than any other member of STs has.

No source; it just seems that he annually has more penalties called against him than any other member of STs has.

IDK, honestly.

I tried looking it up on <nflpenalties.com>, but I haven't figured out if there's a way to filter ST penalties by player. They have penalties listed for Ebner and Edelman, as well as for King, and even one for Develin that I think I remember happening on an ST play - but none for Slater. I think he's been flagged a couple times this season, but maybe not. Anyway, looking at penalties by player, I haven't been able to find ST-ish penalties that even add up to 22, so .... my search for a better site/database continues.

According to <nflpenalties.com>, in 2018, the Pats have racked up 22 ST penalties, tied for 3rd-highest in the league. Meanwhile, the Pats are 4th-lowest in total penalties with 89 (which adds some perspective to 14 that got called against them in Sh*ttsburgh).

The only thing I know for sure is that it's probably not wise, while watching any NFL contest, to make a drinking game out of "block in the back" calls on ST plays. I mean, unless you want to pass out before halftime. :)

I'd really like to bring Flowers back. He had a really strong year, despite not hitting double digit sacks. Very good pressure numbers and he was a monster against the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes