PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Free Agency -- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks. That fills in wk-9 (GBY) for me.

For the past few seasons, Pulpit had maintained a PPoW post that they simply updated after each win, so the season history was included. They haven't been doing it that way this season. They're missing the same weeks that I am, so I'm guessing that it's a team source, and that the team hasn't been consistent about publishing the info.

I'll try to contact patriots.com again.

The Jags are eliminated (I think), so they're probably starting in on getting their younger guys some reps for next season.
The eliminated teams (not counting Thursday's or Saturday's games) are:
AFC: BUF, JAX, NYJ, OAK
NFC: ARI, SF

slight surprise Church clearing
safety market/value continues to boggle . esp. cons. struggling secondaries even on playoff teams..

slight surprise Church clearing
safety market/value continues to boggle . esp. cons. struggling secondaries even on playoff teams..

Gotta wonder what the Gints will offer Landon Collins - and whether or not the Pats will attempt to re-negotiate with DMac.

Yes, we all should know whether McCourty is worth $9.5M for his 2019 services. IMHO, there will be NO reduction in compensation. An extension is certainly;y possible.

DMC knows well what the market is now so it should not be too complicated. He knows BB will much rather eat 4M dead money than keep him on 13.5M in a contract year..

I would take Flowers over Brandon the King of ST Penalties any day of the week, and probably over Humber too. At least 'Quice wouldn't embarrass himself taking snaps with the defense as badly as the other two would.

This offseason I would LOVE to see them sign some free agents that come in and make the team better, and don’t get injured in training camp, or during the season. I don’t care which positions.

This offseason I would LOVE to see them sign some free agents that come in and make the team better, and don’t get injured in training camp, or during the season. I don’t care which positions.

That’s the hope every year. Contrary to belief that even happened this offseason (Patterson, jc Jackson)

I would take Flowers over Brandon the King of ST Penalties any day of the week, and probably over Humber too. At least 'Quice wouldn't embarrass himself taking snaps with the defense as badly as the other two would.

King and Ebner are tied for 6th in the league with 12 ST tackles each. Slater is close behind with 10. No other teams has three players in the top-20.

The Chargers have two with Adrian Phillips (league-leading 17), & Rayshawn Jenkins (10).
The Falcons have Justin Bethel (13) and Kemal Ishmael (10).
The Seahawks have Justin Coleman (12) and Barkevious Mingo (10), both former Pats.

Meanwhile, I haven't found any record of NFL penalties for 2018 that has King listed with more than 1. What source do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News