PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Draft Prospect Thread

I’d love both those guys, but I don’t know if BB gonna be willing to draft those guys that early both are going early day 2.
Vereen and Ridley both went high Day 2

Agree, watched some tape of him the other day. has a very high motor and doesn't stop all game. Would like to see him over here. Not sure how we can look at gaining more draft picks

Well he's not likely to go in the 1st after average production, a shoulder surgery, and no pre-draft workout. In fact, he was considered a 2nd/3rd round player, and now he probably drops another 1 - 3 rounds. Seems like the ideal value pick. I like the way he uses his hands to disengage.

Well he's not likely to go in the 1st after average production, a shoulder surgery, and no pre-draft workout. In fact, he was considered a 2nd/3rd round player, and now he probably drops another 1 - 3 rounds. Seems like the ideal value pick. I like the way he uses his hands to disengage.

I agree with the production and round. I can see him going 5th round. Think he could be like Ninko for us but a slightly more athletic. Would like to see him here, just due to his motor. I'm a big fan.

Watched tape of a rb from southern miss I think. He has an amazing jump cut.

I did not see much of him catching or blocking but as a runner, he was extremely elusive. Averaged over 5 yards a carry.

Watched tape of a rb from southern miss I think. He has an amazing jump cut.

I did not see much of him catching or blocking but as a runner, he was extremely elusive. Averaged over 5 yards a carry.

Ito Smith?

Andrew Brown has been growing on me as a defensive end. I know he played inside at the Senior Bowl after weighing in at 294, but in reviewing his tape for the year, he mostly played base DE and even dropped into coverage (and looked surprisingly solid). I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped 15 pounds for the combine and runs really well. I'm starting to get a Cameron Jordan vibe while watching him play. He's got 35+ inch arms and pretty violent hands. Interesting guy, if he can get past the reported maturity issues.

Andrew Brown has been growing on me as a defensive end. I know he played inside at the Senior Bowl after weighing in at 294, but in reviewing his tape for the year, he mostly played base DE and even dropped into coverage (and looked surprisingly solid). I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped 15 pounds for the combine and runs really well. I'm starting to get a Cameron Jordan vibe while watching him play. He's got 35+ inch arms and pretty violent hands. Interesting guy, if he can get past the reported maturity issues.

Is this the kid from Virginia?

At Virginia, he was asked to two gap and did next to nothing. But at the senior bowl, he was asked to one gap and looked all World.

Clearly he would not thrive in our system.

Is this the kid from Virginia?

At Virginia, he was asked to two gap and did next to nothing. But at the senior bowl, he was asked to one gap and looked all World.

Clearly he would not thrive in our system.

I hear you, but we have a need for someone to get to the quarterback. 3rd and long isn't really the time to two-gap.

i know WR isn't an important need this year but there's some very interesting talent in the WR this year...

I love Christian Kirk, he is like JE11, creates separation and returns kicks as well. He's got a 1-2 grade for me. Sadly don't think he will be a patriot unfortunately.

UDFA - Braxton Berrios - He is DA 2.0 with potentially more athletic ability. Would really like to see him here. He is a pure Slot guy, is also a return guy as well. \

Auden Tate - Big Body Target - 6ft 5. Has very good hands, and good body control. Would like to see him here and see what he could offer us. Not sure if he will end up being a WR, as i think he has the ability to become a TE. Would like to see how he tests personally.

I like Tate, but he's a pure WR.

If Lewis goes I really want Sony Michel, but would settle for Ronald Jones II
Michel is my favorite player in the draft. But I just have a feeling he’s going to have a HUGE combine and jump into the 1st round. Reminds me so much of Tevin Coleman of the Falcons, can do it all, run, catch, block, return, everything.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back