PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Draft Prospect Thread

Ronald Jones and Royce Freeman have gone above my RB ranking of Sony Michel. If someone can point out why Michel is so highly rated i'd be interested in as i cannot see it. I prefer Ronald Jones and Freeman

Michel is basically this season's Kamara. Incredible balance. Great burst. He fumbles a bit, but he's always good for multiple big plays a game. Can run, catch, block, etc. I like him a lot, if he can hang on to the ball better.

Michel is basically this season's Kamara. Incredible balance. Great burst. He fumbles a bit, but he's always good for multiple big plays a game. Can run, catch, block, etc. I like him a lot, if he can hang on to the ball better.

Ah okay, i will have to watch some more tape on him then! I just know how much BB values ball security

Couldn’t agree more, he’s a great all around back. When you mention blocking, I’ve read some scouts describe him as a GREAT blocker. You rarely hear that about a player coming out of college. It’s kinda why I compare him to Tevin Coleman, also known as a great blocker.

Michel is my favorite player in the draft. But I just have a feeling he’s going to have a HUGE combine and jump into the 1st round. Reminds me so much of Tevin Coleman of the Falcons, can do it all, run, catch, block, return, everything.
No doubt, he's one of my favorites too...We'll see, apparently he has a high fumble % that may scare away teams, especially BB and NE

No doubt, he's one of my favorites too...We'll see, apparently he has a high fumble % that may scare away teams, especially BB and NE
Regardless, I feel he'll be a very productive pro if not star

i know WR isn't an important need this year but there's some very interesting talent in the WR this year...

I love Christian Kirk, he is like JE11, creates separation and returns kicks as well. He's got a 1-2 grade for me. Sadly don't think he will be a patriot unfortunately.

UDFA - Braxton Berrios - He is DA 2.0 with potentially more athletic ability. Would really like to see him here. He is a pure Slot guy, is also a return guy as well. \

Auden Tate - Big Body Target - 6ft 5. Has very good hands, and good body control. Would like to see him here and see what he could offer us. Not sure if he will end up being a WR, as i think he has the ability to become a TE. Would like to see how he tests personally.
Kirk is far more polished that JE11 and probably more explosive and better on the outside but I would absolutely love him in NE

I agree on Berrios 1000%, he would thrive in NE and hope he winds up here

i know WR isn't an important need this year but there's some very interesting talent in the WR this year...

I love Christian Kirk, he is like JE11, creates separation and returns kicks as well. He's got a 1-2 grade for me. Sadly don't think he will be a patriot unfortunately.

I agree with you on kirk the guy looks like hes going to be a headache in the slot. He reminds me a lot of Jarvis landry in how he plays. I think he would be a superstar in our offense but again i think hes gonna be gone.

If Kirk is there with our late round second we take him.

Sorry, but as of right now I want ALL of our top-100 picks spent on Defense.

Hmm our WRs are ageing.. It's not going to be the worst thing in the world to get the next guy in with Malcom Mitch, Cooks, Dorsett, and Kirk.. I do agree with you that Defence is a huge priority, but i do have a high Grade on Kirk and wouldn't complain if he was here with our Late second pick.

There's also a lot of depth in this years defence..

Whilst I can see what all the Pats hype for Kyle Lauletta is about (I really wanted to like him and do mostly), is anyone else terrified by his arm? He really does sail his deep balls and even his short passes flutter a bit. Having said that, I love his ability to throw into tight windows and on the run.

Whilst I can see what all the Pats hype for Kyle Lauletta is about (I really wanted to like him and do mostly), is anyone else terrified by his arm? He really does sail his deep balls and even his short passes flutter a bit. Having said that, I love his ability to throw into tight windows and on the run.
Don't want, don't want any QB this year

He'll have to be in a certain type offense most likely. One thing so noted was his hands & the fact that he doubles, triple clutches the ball to get the tightest grip he can. No grip will cause a ball to sail. Not to mention he just doesn't have the greatest arm. Arm strength can improve, some but he'll never have a cannon.

To be fair to Lauletta he's shown the ability to overcome it thus far. But what happens when you introduce NFL athletes making plays on the ball. Same but different concern I had with Falk but Lauletta has real velocity at least.

Without looking ahead, one next year might be better. But a developmental QB is certainly a need.
Rather Hoyer for '18 with his cheap contract and crucial experience, Brady goes down do we really want some kid there in the POs

Not that I genuinely believe NFL FOs even look ahead and try to predict who enters the draft a year ahead of time but next year's class is definitely time to take a QB to groom...Eason, Stidham, Daniel Jones

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back