PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Draft Prospect Thread

A later round prospect that I like what I see from so far.

I think we could used a quality back up for both Harmon and DMAC, and LTR for Dmac.
A little scouting report on him/i.e

Natrell Jamerson, S, Wisconsin
Height: 6-0. Weight: 198.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round (2018): 3-5.
1/6/18: Jamerson broke into the starting lineup as a senior and turned in a quality season for the Badgers with 51 tackles, 10 passes broken up and two interceptions. Jamerson has some versatility having played some cornerback for Wisconsin as well as returning kicks on special teams. Jamerson earned an invitation to the East-West Shrine. Some league sources say that Jamerson has a high IQ and character

Read more: WalterFootball.com: 2018 NFL Draft: Safety Rankings
Read more at WalterFootball.com: 2018 NFL Draft: Safety Rankings

What PFF had to say before the orange bowl

"The gold standard in tackling efficiency this season, Jamerson had the second-most snaps in run defense and tied for the most total tackles attempts against the run, without missing a tackle. He missed a tackle in the conference championship game after a reception, but prior to that, was the only safety with at least 300 snaps against both the pass and the run without a missed tackle. In all, he recorded 48 total tackles in 49 attempts on the season, graded positively in every game and recorded two interceptions and six pass breakups for a 56.7 passer rating when targeted in coverage. His first season with extended playing time in Madison proved to be valuable for Jamerson to break out this year. – @PFF_Cam"

I didn’t see it myself, albeit in limited watching.

Yeah, I'm kind of down on him too. At his best he looks like what people touted Cunningham to be last year, but I didn't like him very much, either. I guess it's all about the upside with Edmunds -- he does have moments when he looks really good -- but if we go by the Patriots grading system, I'm not sure that I see him as a starter anytime soon. That would push him down relative to the market value.

Yeah, I'm kind of down on him too. At his best he looks like what people touted Cunningham to be last year, but I didn't like him very much, either. I guess it's all about the upside with Edmunds -- he does have moments when he looks really good -- but if we go by the Patriots grading system, I'm not sure that I see him as a starter anytime soon. That would push him down relative to the market value.

Cunningham was who I was expecting to see with him but didn’t think he was anywhere as good. Cunningham missed tackles but at least he was consistently impactful. I didn’t see Edmunds have anywhere near the same level of consistency as Cunningham.

I remember quite a few People being in on Nick DeLuca last year. A poor man's Luke Kuechly I think people called him. Is he still of interest?

I remember quite a few People being in on Nick DeLuca last year. A poor man's Luke Kuechly I think people called him. Is he still of interest?

Hasn't looked the same after his injury

What do we make of Lamar Jackson?

Injuries have really affected him, which is a shame as he was looking very interesting

As others have noted, injuries have hurt his season. That said, he still leads his team in tackles, sacks, and forced fumbles. They just won the FCS championship a couple days ago, and he had some key tackles for a loss. He was recognized as an All American in the FCS. The instincts are there. I wouldn't be surprised if he returns to form as he continues to heal. He can still be a very good player.

As others have noted, injuries have hurt his season. That said, he still leads his team in tackles, sacks, and forced fumbles. They just won the FCS championship a couple days ago, and he had some key tackles for a loss. He was recognized as an All American in the FCS. The instincts are there. I wouldn't be surprised if he returns to form as he continues to heal. He can still be a very good player.

So a possible steal later in the draft. When would you take him? If at all...

Payne, Ridley, Fitzpatrick, Harrison, and Scarborough all declared today. I am a little surprised at Scarborough, but I guess he didn't want to be second fiddle to Damien Harris and Najee Harris, both of whom look to have passed him. He's not the best in terms of vision, but he's actually a pretty good pass catcher, and he definitely has the power to lower his shoulders and pick up yards after contact. Interesting guy in the middle rounds.

Surprise that josh allen's going back to school. I am hoping jaylon Ferguson turns pro.

@manxman2601

Oh, I forgot to mention that Edmunds is only 19 years old. He's really just a kid. Consider that quite a few draft prospects are 21 - 23, and he might be that old at the end of his rookie contract. I know I matured a lot in my early 20s, both physically and mentally. He's not even close to a finished product. That's why people are excited about his upside.

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot to mention that Edmunds is only 19 years old. He's really just a kid. Consider that quite a few draft prospects are 21 - 23, and he might be that old at the end of his rookie contract. I know I matured a lot in my early 20s, both physically and mentally. He's not even close to a finished product. That's why people are excited about his upside.

Youngest in the draft I think

I think this years draft is going to have some very surprising picks.. I can see a lot of QBs going in the first round which is going to mean very good talent could end up coming to us.

This is a very important draft for us as it’s going to set us up for the next few years. Like the 2011 Draft did.

One QB I do like is Mason Rudolph!

Me either.

However I did find interest in his brother, who also plays for VT. Terrell Edmunds.
@manxman2601

Personally I find myself more interested in his brother and teammate, which I believe I read somewhere he is the younger brother?! Terrell Edmunds is 6-2 220, and should run in the 4.4-4.5 range. Personally I think we need to find a chung replacement, and someone to push him in his final year of his contract.

Looking forward to seeing his game tape and not highlights show up on DB or youtube.

Early but Wallace is a binky candidate. Highly productive his senior year, complete game, well-spoken & has a chip on his shoulder. I need to watch more but he seems similar to Logan Ryan, a player with average height/speed but could have a 10 year NFL career.

I think he could really fit our system as CB2 similar to Dennard, Browner & Ryan if he’s there in rounds 3-4.

Starting to get to lesser known prospects. Keep an eye on Jordan Thomas during pre-draft workouts. He's a 6'6 #280 TE who lines up as an outside receiver more often than not. He didn't have crazy production, but he's capable of running receiver routes, and with his size, he could become a solid blocker with technique work and coaching. Could be an interesting guy for our final pick, or as a priority UDFA.

Starting to get to lesser known prospects. Keep an eye on Jordan Thomas during pre-draft workouts. He's a 6'6 #280 TE who lines up as an outside receiver more often than not. He didn't have crazy production, but he's capable of running receiver routes, and with his size, he could become a solid blocker with technique work and coaching. Could be an interesting guy for our final pick, or as a priority UDFA.

When you say #280 are you talking about the weight?.. seems like a very very big target!

Still annoys me we didn’t look at george kittle last year, hopefully this year we can find one. I’m looking at power backs as I think we’re still lacking a Blount type back.

Trying to look at Safety’s as well as think we’re going to start to groom the next breed of Safety’s.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back