PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Draft Prospect Thread

Underdog binkie confirmed: just look at first 2 min here . Braxton Berrios #8 (yes, BB) first throws for 1st down on flea-flicker (Edelman), then makes amazing catch down the middle on 2nd & 20 (Amendola) and concludes the drive with decisive block (pancakes DB) down the field for QB rush TD. The size of W Welker and not only..

There's his typical TD at around 4:00 if you want..

Pats draft him this yr and Renfrow the next and they can have Edelman, Welker, Amendola back for considerable future..;)

Last edited:
Every week those linebackers from Georgia look more and more like future patriots.

Carter is more of your pass rusher which wouldn't hurt us and Smith is just a midfield general, which could free HT up even more.. would love if they both fell to us

Carter is more of your pass rusher which wouldn't hurt us and Smith is just a midfield general, which could free HT up even more.. would love if they both fell to us

Don’t sleep on the other guy, I think his name is Bryant.

Davin Bellamy? He's not as hyped as the others, but he's good, too.

A couple of ilb’s to watch. Rahsaan Evans of Alabama is a potential monster in our defense if he can stay healthy.

And azeem victor could also be huge in our defense if he can stay healthy.

Depending on how they run, both look like 3rd round to fifth round talents.

A couple of ilb’s to watch. Rahsaan Evans of Alabama is a potential monster in our defense if he can stay healthy.

And azeem victor could also be huge in our defense if he can stay healthy.

Depending on how they run, both look like 3rd round to fifth round talents.

I think Evans is making a push toward round one. He may not end up going that high, but he's generating a TON of buzz. He's versatile (plays inside/outside positions and DE as well) and appears to be a plus athlete. My guess is that he's closer to CJ Mosley (17th pick in round 1) than Ryan Anderson (17th pick in round 2).

I think Evans is making a push toward round one. He may not end up going that high, but he's generating a TON of buzz. He's versatile (plays inside/outside positions and DE as well) and appears to be a plus athlete. My guess is that he's closer to CJ Mosley (17th pick in round 1) than Ryan Anderson (17th pick in round 2).

When we were on page 4 of this thread back in May he was still safely waiting around 6th round..;)

Small reminder here:

When we were on page 4 of this thread back in May he was still safely waiting around 6th round..;)

Small reminder here:

Yup, I put more review work into Evans after your post. Good call. :)

I screenshot the top ten lists before the season begins. They're never the same as after the season ends. But just going by his play and pedigree, Evans seems like a strong bet to go pretty high in the draft. I have a feeling that he works out very, very well -- the acceleration and closing speed that he shows on the field are top notch. He's capable of playing through contact (good stack and shed ability), but he's also capable of diagnosing quickly and playing fast in space. He seems like the perfect blend of skills for our defense.

Another set of teammates that should have the pat’s eyes are Ferrell and Bryant of Clemson.

Either one would make an excellent second round pick for the pats.

Bellamy setting some strong edge here. Feels bigger than 240.
Guarding his side of line all season long w great lateral movement/awareness.
Versatile LB/DE. With Rivers' setback might be worth looking..

Bellamy setting some strong edge here. Feels bigger than 240.
Guarding his side of line all season long w great lateral movement/awareness.
Versatile LB/DE. With Rivers' setback might be worth looking..

Could have used that kind of edge against the Chargers for the long run they gave up. Good stuff, and it's the kind of skillset that's too often overlooked when evaluators fall in love with outside speed rushes.

Bellamy and Carter are pretty close h/w wise.

Been waiting for draft breakdown, says pending membership for days now. Very frustrating.

Also after looking at this class I feel pretty confident saying it's on the weaker side. Esp if Rosen & Darnold stay which I believe they will. 2019 is where it's at.

No one's background translates onto the field like Hercules Mata'afa. Wrestling has helped him enormously. He's a ninja bullet weaving through the muck.

Max Browne should be a name on people's radar. Some very impressive stuff.

Been waiting for draft breakdown, says pending membership for days now. Very frustrating.

Yep. But you can still get most/much of their stuff on youtube, even recent ones. You probably figured it out yourself but in case you haven't

- one way is to write player's name and “vs“ and you get the breakdown clips

- or you go to a channel of db contributors & others like these f.e.:
Aj I
Icemandaboss1
SkyDesigns
or this one slowly starting.. bjohans21

So no excuses, back to work, we expect great things from you ..
#doyourjob #nodaysoff #etc

Last edited:
Tough facemask for Vea. He worked so hard for that sack, only to have it taken away. Great effort from him all game to control the line of scrimmage. They can't run at him, but they run to the gap created where he's not when he's tied up with two linemen and his team lets him down. Nothing about this game has changed my opinion that he's the best DT in the draft and would be stellar in our defense.

Ro Smith is sooooooo good. Just all over the field. In the box, downfield, flat. He's everywhere.

PBU abt 30 yards down the field just now.

Ro Smith is sooooooo good. Just all over the field. In the box, downfield, flat. He's everywhere.

PBU abt 30 yards down the field just now.

Yeah, that pass breakup was insane. I thought he was the safety for a moment. I think he'll get a lot of Reuben Foster comparisons. Good player.

Does anyone know who the kicker is for Auburn? Was nailing 56 yard field goals

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back