PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Draft Prospect Thread

I'd be surprised if we took a WR early on, unless something dramatic happens. I can see later rounds or UDFA being the potential look! But then again it's BB anything could happen

We have our best men on him round the clock..;)

Seriously, he might be out of reach presuming BB wants some young D reinforcements and a QB to develop.

Fortunately slot seems to be one of the better positions in this draft (depending on declaring) so later picks should do ok. Day 2: Miller, Pettis, Burnett, Samuel . and especially Berrios and Renfrow in later rounds..

I very much agree they should get a quality slot guy.. And don't get me wrong - Id be ecstatic if they took Kirk!

Berrios has a very interesting background and fam and also 2 ACL'S.

Kirk is def a PTP. Hard worker from the get go. Would work at his father's car dealership during the summer. I've always liked him but never bought lottery pick. Hed be a great fit here.

Berrios has a very interesting background and fam and also 2 ACL'S.

Kirk is def a PTP. Hard worker from the get go. Would work at his father's car dealership during the summer. I've always liked him but never bought lottery pick. Hed be a great fit here.

Any chance he could fall because he's a slot guy?

Any chance he could fall because he's a slot guy?

Decent chance B.B. won't get drafted. Incredibly productive from the slot despite running less than most "slot" guys from that position.

Last edited:
Granted it was just one game but Jarrett Stidham looks like he has a lot of skills that would translate to our offensive scheme: short accuracy, pocket mobility & great vs. the blitz. He looked like a completely different player vs. Alabama than earlier in the season vs. Clemson.

Maybe we can get him at a discount whenever he comes out since he’s stuck in Auburn’s offense.

One thing I have seen in recent mocks is that Malik Jefferson and Lorenzo Carter are falling out of the 1st round. I would love both and 32 and 34.

Looks like Roquan Smith is going to be off the Board by the time we pick which doesn’t surprise me at all.

Da’Ron Payne looks to be climbing up as well.

One thing I have seen in recent mocks is that Malik Jefferson and Lorenzo Carter are falling out of the 1st round. I would love both and 32 and 34.

Looks like Roquan Smith is going to be off the Board by the time we pick which doesn’t surprise me at all.

Da’Ron Payne looks to be climbing up as well.

Matt Miller has a mock out today. He's got Jefferson going a couple of picks before us. Carter available at 31. He has us taking M. Hurst - DT. I love that pick. But, I'd bet my last dollar BB takes V. Vea if he has the choice of the two. Vea and Carter would be sweet. He's even got Arden Key - Edge - LSU on board.

2018 NFL Mock Draft: Updated Picks Entering the Last Month of the Regular Season

Matt Miller has a mock out today. He's got Jefferson going a couple of picks before us. Carter available at 31. He has us taking M. Hurst - DT. I love that pick. But, I'd bet my last dollar BB takes V. Vea if he has the choice of the two. Vea and Carter would be sweet. He's even got Arden Key - Edge - LSU on board.

2018 NFL Mock Draft: Updated Picks Entering the Last Month of the Regular Season

I’d take vea in a heartbeat. Guy is a freak for his size. Same with Carter.

Not seen a lot of Key to make an evaluation I could see him fall a lot potentially

I’d take vea in a heartbeat. Guy is a freak for his size. Same with Carter.

Not seen a lot of Key to make an evaluation I could see him fall a lot potentially
If he slips into the 20's, I'd try to trade up
for C. Wilkins. Most have him Top 15. Would be great to get a DT and Edge with top 2 picks.

What's the chances we trade number 32 lol to get a young proven player on good contract right now. Maybe we can get a dumb team to do it.

As of now my Top 120 w/ no Darnold. Obviously things will change. Or not. Who the fuk knows?

QB
Jackson
Rosen
Baker
Finley
Allen
Rudolph
Stidham
Thorson
Ferguson
Lee

RB
Barkley
Guice
Jones
Harris
Michel
Scott
Chubb
Love
Walton
Kerryon

WR
Tate
Ridley
ESB
Kirk
James
Pettis
Washington
Sutton
Miller
Cain

TE
Goedert
Andrews
Fumagalli
Herndon
Gesicki
Breneman
Thomas
Schultz
Goolsby
Baugh

OT
Williams
Brown
M.M.
Okorafor
O'Neill
Hyatt
Weathersby
Bright
Crosby
Jones

G
Nelson
Hernandez
Smith
Ivey
Patterson
Pierschbacker
Benzschawel
D. Prince
Prince

C
Price
Ragnow
Daniels
Bozeman
Allen
Cole
Queesenberry
Officer
Brown
Shelton

IDL/DT
Hurst
Vea
Nnandi
Wilkins
Bryan
Payne
Jones
McIntosh
Green
Street/J.Jones

RUSH
Chubb
Ferrell
Key
Landry
Okrononkwo
Ejiofor
Sweat
Davenport
Mata'afa
Armstrong/Allen

LB - CB - S
Smith - Alexander - Minkah
Evans - Meeks - James
Jefferson -Toliver - Harrison
Baker -Jackson - Whitehead
Jewell -Davis - White
Smith -Ward - Watts
Haynes - Oliver - Johnson
Warner - McFadden -Allen
Scales - C. Davis - Blanding
S-DH - King - Igwebuike

Last edited:
As of now my Top 120 w/ no Darnold. Obviously things will change. Or not. Who the fuk knows?

QB
Jackson
Rosen
Baker
Finley
Allen
Rudolph
Stidham
Thorson
Ferguson
Lee

RB
Barkley
Guice
Jones
Harris
Michel
Scott
Chubb
Love
Walton
Kerryon

WR
Tate
Ridley
ESB
Kirk
James
Pettis
Washington
Sutton
Miller
Cain

TE
Goedert
Andrews
Fumagalli
Herndon
Gesicki
Breneman
Thomas
Schultz
Goolsby
Baugh

OT
Williams
Brown
M.M.
Okorafor
O'Neill
Hyatt
Weathersby
Bright
Crosby
Jones

G
Nelson
Hernandez
Smith
Ivey
Patterson
Pierschbacker
Benzschawel
D. Prince
Prince

C
Price
Ragnow
Daniels
Bozeman
Allen
Cole
Queesenberry
Officer
Brown
Shelton

IDL/DT
Hurst
Vea
Nnandi
Wilkins
Bryan
Payne
Jones
McIntosh
Green
Street/J.Jones

RUSH
Chubb
Ferrell
Key
Landry
Okrononkwo
Ejiofor
Sweat
Davenport
Mata'afa
Armstrong/Allen

LB - CB - S
Smith - Alexander - Minkah
Evans - Meeks - James
Jefferson -Toliver - Harrison
Baker -Jackson - Whitehead
Jewell -Davis - White
Smith -Ward - Watts
Haynes - Oliver - Johnson
Warner - McFadden -Allen
Scales - C. Davis - Blanding
S-DH - King - Igwebuike

This is a really good list. Nice work on this. With 4 of the top 96 picks, there are a lot of names on just the defensive side of this list that can really contribute for us next season.

Add in a red shirted rivers and I see a chance to create some serious depth and camp competition next season!

This Draft is falling very nice for us so far. Malik Jefferson looks to be falling, Lorenzo Carter doesn’t look to Be getting the hype that he deserves. ( my personal favourite of rushing the passer this year)

I can see us having a strong draft class this year through all the rounds we have picks for.

My dream scenario is:

32.) ilb- Evans Alabama
34.) dt - vea Washington
64.) de - duke eliofor wake forest

If we do end up with and picking at 32, 34 & 64 we'r gunna end up with some really good players.

Just seen a mock draft...

Has us taking Josh Allen in the 1st round?!? Oh and apparently Lorenzo Carter is going to fall to the 4th round..

TJ Edwards is growing on me for linebacker. Strong, secure tackler. Makes plays in coverage and against the run. Reminds me a lot of David Harris, actually.

Obligatory disclaimer that the following is a highlight reel:

TJ Edwards is growing on me for linebacker. Strong, secure tackler. Makes plays in coverage and against the run. Reminds me a lot of David Harris, actually.

Obligatory disclaimer that the following is a highlight reel:

DAAAM HE GOT SOME GOOD HANDS!

Looks solid in the run as well. Looks explosive as well. Definitely worth keeping an eye on. Great find!

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back