PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Draft Prospect Thread

TJ Edwards is growing on me for linebacker. Strong, secure tackler. Makes plays in coverage and against the run. Reminds me a lot of David Harris, actually.

Obligatory disclaimer that the following is a highlight reel:

Wisky doesn't stop cranking them out.

Smart football guy. Played QB & S games high school.

I found my first binkie in this class. Cornorback Danny Johnson from southern. He is the entire package. He is 5'9 but he plays a hell of a lot bigger. When he hits it look more like a LB than a CB. His speed and quickness are all top notch. Fairly loose hips and has big play potential.

His only down side is his height and that he can get too physical downfield at times. I think he would do great here. The Pats have their big outside CB already in Gilmore. They need another type of guy for Brown and WRs like him if Butler walks. This guy reminds me a lot of Butler.

Just looking at his tape he looks like a 2nd round pick.

Last edited:
Billy Price looks like the next first round center. I was skeptical, at first, since he's fairly new to the position, but he can adjust well on the move, really fires out of his stance in run blocking, shows good awareness in pass pro, and overall just looks strong and competitive. I've been won over by his improvement this season.

With Andrews and Karras, I'm not sure that a first round center is in the cards, but he looks like he could potentially be a huge upgrade. Strength up the middle seems important for the final years of Brady's career.

Denzel Ward from Ohio State - hope he comes out this year as we may be able to snipe him if we don’t resign Malcom. Very good in coverage.

This draft is going to very very important for us.

We have a few players getting up their in age. Wouldn’t surprise me if we look at Safety’s this year with D-Mac getting older. I’m not saying we replace him but start to groom his replacement for when the time comes.

I also would like another Blount force trauma back as well.

Going to do a mock draft tonight will let you know.

The last time I was this convinced we would address the Front 7 was the 2011 Draft. We had 2 1's, 2 2's and 2 3's. We took Solder, Ras-I, Vereen, Ridley and Mallett. :)
Did trade a first for 2012 which ended up being Chandler Jones.

GBN has a mock out today. Us snagging Clelin Ferrell -DE - Clemson at 32. Mo Hurst Jur is still on the board. Would love to get Ferrell and Hurst.

2018 First-round projection - Great Blue North Draft Report

The last time I was this convinced we would address the Front 7 was the 2011 Draft. We had 2 1's, 2 2's and 2 3's. We took Solder, Ras-I, Vereen, Ridley and Mallett. :)
Did trade a first for 2012 which ended up being Chandler Jones.

GBN has a mock out today. Us snagging Clelin Ferrell -DE - Clemson at 32. Mo Hurst Jur is still on the board. Would love to get Ferrell and Hurst.

2018 First-round projection - Great Blue North Draft Report

I would be ecsatic if we got either. Absolutely pumped.

In fact I'd grab one & the other w/ SF'S if they were both on the board.

I was watching film on the ilb from Virginia Tech. This guy has instinct and courage and speed.

Might be someone we need to look into.

I can see us trading down this year, unless someone falls to us who BB really likes.. i.e vita I think he’d take him in a heartbeat.

Lack of picks this year is a pain as the class is good. Not sure how many picks we got? 5/6?!?

But then again I have no idea what B.B. is going to do..

I can see us trading down this year, unless someone falls to us who BB really likes.. i.e vita I think he’d take him in a heartbeat.

Lack of picks this year is a pain as the class is good. Not sure how many picks we got? 5/6?!?

But then again I have no idea what B.B. is going to do..

If vea is off the board by the time we are on the clock, I would trade our 1st round pick for a second and third.

Do we have any potential comp picks? We also will loose our 4th rounder as well because of the Rowe trade I think..

Tavon Bryan is a guy id take in the first in a second. I'll eval him soon but he's a guy everyone will love. Strong hands that rag doll guys on the regular. +Push/Pull. Nice bend forma 295 guy.

Talked abt him in my thread but he deserves a full breakdown

Tavon Bryan is a guy id take in the first in a second. I'll eval him soon but he's a guy everyone will love. Strong hands that rag doll guys on the regular. +Push/Pull. Nice bend forma 295 guy.

Talked abt him in my thread but he deserves a full breakdown

Always a fan of players who can rag doll guys! Ala Da’ron Payne

Trying to find a Blount type running back as I think we are missing that back this year. Nothing against the RBs we got but we don’t seem to have someone who will get through on the 1 yard line..

Josey Jewell LB is an interesting prospect..

Josey Jewell LB is an interesting prospect..

Great college player. Definitely the heart and soul of that defender. The one positive trait we could really use is his steadiness and reliability in lining up and being where he's supposed to be. I like his reported attitude and work ethic.

His athletic abilities seem lacking for the pro game, however, from what I've observed. I don't think he's an upgrade from any of our backups -- in fact, I like Reilly and Flowers better. Too often he can't disengage from blocks. Man coverage is an enormous struggle. Elusive players break him down in space, and he lacks the agility and flexibility to recover. He strikes me as a liability against NFL speed and power.

Trying to find a Blount type running back as I think we are missing that back this year. Nothing against the RBs we got but we don’t seem to have someone who will get through on the 1 yard line..

Royce Freeman out of Blount's Alma mater Oregon is 240. Hes pretty good at receiving and blocking as well.

Great college player. Definitely the heart and soul of that defender. The one positive trait we could really use is his steadiness and reliability in lining up and being where he's supposed to be. I like his reported attitude and work ethic.

His athletic abilities seem lacking for the pro game, however, from what I've observed. I don't think he's an upgrade from any of our backups -- in fact, I like Reilly and Flowers better. Too often he can't disengage from blocks. Man coverage is an enormous struggle. Elusive players break him down in space, and he lacks the agility and flexibility to recover. He strikes me as a liability against NFL speed and power.

Haven't seen huge amounts of film on him so will look into him more. seen an article about him going as high as the 2nd round..

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back