PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Baseball Playoffs: ALCS, Red Sox vs Astros

OMG - one thread about a Boston team deep in the playoffs

No, it's not one thread. This is the 3rd thread about them in 2 weeks by my count. There was one that was about the 2004 series, one that was about this series and now this one.

I don't begrudge people liking things I don't like and I don't think there's a problem with one freaking thread about them.

No, it's not one thread. This is the 3rd thread about them in 2 weeks by my count. There was one that was about the 2004 series, one that was about this series and now this one.

I don't begrudge people liking things I don't like and I don't think there's a problem with one freaking thread about them.
It would have been one thread if not moved. The Red Sox thread gets more looks and responses on the main forum.

Let's discuss Fnord's most recent divorces...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

@mods

I think the last 4 posts belong in the pizza thread.
Why not? Since football has morphed into something resembling track & field, the proverbial barn door should be open to any and all subject matter. Pizza ... ladies' pro croquet ... pastoral sleepytime summer lawn recreation ... Joker's culinary tips ... AndyJohnson argument & debate tutorials ... All comers welcome, OT prefix not required. o_O

Well that was taken care of quickly....

Maybe Goody can learn (I think hes too stupid but whatever) something about the strategy of being quick, decisive, unbiased and not harming the game.

Everything's wrapped up in about 18 hours. At NFL HQ, they're thinking "We would have just started feeding phony info to the media at this point. How can the baseball guys be done?"

Consider this, there's a guy serving a stint in Federal prison right now for hacking the Astros' database when he was working for the St. Louis Cardinals. You know, a real crime that was way beyond anything that dummies tell themselves the Patriots are doing. That was all handled quietly and professionally, to the point where probably the majority of baseball fans aren't even aware it happened. In other words, the way the NFL handles things when the Jets or Giants do something wrong.

Everything's wrapped up in about 18 hours. At NFL HQ, they're thinking "We would have just started feeding phony info to the media at this point. How can the baseball guys be done?"

Consider this, there's a guy serving a stint in Federal prison right now for hacking the Astros' database when he was working for the St. Louis Cardinals. You know, a real crime that was way beyond anything that dummies tell themselves the Patriots are doing. That was all handled quietly and professionally, to the point where probably the majority of baseball fans aren't even aware it happened. In other words, the way the NFL handles things when the Jets or Giants do something wrong.

Agree but they've had their share of drama. Pete Rose HOF and steroid ball are still somewhat ongoing.

Consider this, there's a guy serving a stint in Federal prison right now for hacking the Astros' database when he was working for the St. Louis Cardinals. You know, a real crime that was way beyond anything that dummies tell themselves the Patriots are doing. That was all handled quietly and professionally, to the point where probably the majority of baseball fans aren't even aware it happened.
That certainly is no stretch when most of them are preoccupied with sleeping, absent-mindedly gazing at their smartphones or chatting with neighbors.

...and the Cards were forced to give up their top two draft picks and fined millions. That blows the NFL out of the water.

Cyber crime and corporate espionage is just a tad more serious than deflating footballs.

Why not? Since football has morphed into something resembling track & field, the proverbial barn door should be open to any and all subject matter. Pizza ... ladies' pro croquet ... pastoral sleepytime summer lawn recreation ... Joker's culinary tips ... AndyJohnson argument & debate tutorials ... All comers welcome, OT prefix not required. o_O
Any each person can choose which ones they wish to participate in and which they do not.

That certainly is no stretch when most of them are preoccupied with sleeping, absent-mindedly gazing at their smartphones or chatting with neighbors.
It’s so unfair of them to like something you don’t.

...and the Cards were forced to give up their top two draft picks and fined millions. That blows the NFL out of the water.

Cyber crime and corporate espionage is just a tad more serious than deflating footballs.
Yeah, but no one associates the Cardinals with being a group of cheaters. In fact, everyone went out of their way to protect the organization. Cardinal Way - my ...

It’s so unfair of them to like something you don’t.
No. I certainly don't begrudge people liking/discussing things that put me to sleep. I simply suggest they do it where they are designated to do it as intended by the esteemed creator of this message board.

Yeah, but no one associates the Cardinals with being a group of cheaters. In fact, everyone went out of their way to protect the organization. Cardinal Way - my ...
Yea they labeled the guy as a "rogue"

My ass.

No. I certainly don't begrudge people liking/discussing things that put me to sleep. I simply suggest they do it where they are designated to do it as intended by the esteemed creator of this message board.
Off topic threads that are current and of interest have always been allowed
So has not reading threads that do not interest you.
Being a baby about it does not make you look good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow's Herald is going to have a John Tomase exclusive that the Astros were filming Boston's batting practice....

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back