PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

Agree.

I wouldn't sleep too much on the NYI. That team is downright stingy. The neutral zone trap is alive and well.

Way too much influence from Jacques Lemaire as a special advisor for my liking.

Can't 'sleep' on any of the teams in the second round. That's the thing with a best of seven format, barring injury the better team (not necessarily better roster on paper) advances. Just looking at the East, anyone looking past CBJ is a fool. TB was impressive in the regular season but CBJ was ripping it up down the stretch. I get that everyone expected the NYI to get past Pitt so perhaps they aren't getting the props they should but your point is really well taken. Did anyone expect a sweep? Or that the Isles would hold Pitt to 1 goal in 3 straight games? The Canes put away the defending champs in their own house and that's not exactly shabby. Hockey fans have plenty to look forward to, good looking series in both conferences

Can't 'sleep' on any of the teams in the second round. That's the thing with a best of seven format, barring injury the better team (not necessarily better roster on paper) advances. Just looking at the East, anyone looking past CBJ is a fool. TB was impressive in the regular season but CBJ was ripping it up down the stretch. I get that everyone expected the NYI to get past Pitt so perhaps they aren't getting the props they should but your point is really well taken. Did anyone expect a sweep? Or that the Isles would hold Pitt to 1 goal in 3 straight games? The Canes put away the defending champs in their own house and that's not exactly shabby. Hockey fans have plenty to look forward to, good looking series in both conferences
Bobrovsky scares the crap out of me.

I agree. Human emotions (even professional sports players! :)) will be swung by momentary changes in conditions/events. A rallying event can add or revitalize determination -- at least IMHO -- and this is momentum (for lack of a better description).

However, momentum change equals 4 goals in 5 minutes? Not IMHO.

Sure it can. We've all seen major turning points lead to major impacts. As Boston sports fans, for example, we've see McHale clothesline Rambis and the aftermath of that. That was a series changer, not just a game changer.

Bobrovsky scares the crap out of me.

He sure killed it in the middle two games of the Tampa series and he may arguably be the best goaltender left in the playoffs I respect his game but I don't fear it. He doesn't have the Bruins pelts on the wall Holtby does. Any B's fan that tells you they weren't apprehensive about the prospect of facing Holtby in the playoffs is either FoS or a pretty casual fan.

He sure killed it in the middle two games of the Tampa series and he may arguably be the best goaltender left in the playoffs I respect his game but I don't fear it. He doesn't have the Bruins pelts on the wall Holtby does. Any B's fan that tells you they weren't apprehensive about the prospect of facing Holtby in the playoffs is either FoS or a pretty casual fan.
Completely agree on this. For whatever reason, Holtby owns the Bs. And while Bobrovsky is a great goaltender, he's not the kryptonite that is Holtby.

CBJ was the worst possible matchup for Tampa and I am very happy the Lightning are gone. I am much more comfortable with the Bruins' chances against CBJ. It won't be an easy series but it is much more winnable than having to face Tampa or Washington.

Completely agree on this. For whatever reason, Holtby owns the Bs. And while Bobrovsky is a great goaltender, he's not the kryptonite that is Holtby.

CBJ was the worst possible matchup for Tampa and I am very happy the Lightning are gone. I am much more comfortable with the Bruins' chances against CBJ. It won't be an easy series but it is much more winnable than having to face Tampa or Washington.

Purely due to the Holtby factor I was far more concerned about the prospect of facing the Caps than Tampa. From time to time we just see it in sports where, for whatever reason, a player just kills it against a particular opponent.

Golden Knights general manager George McPhee said the league reached out to the organization to admit an error was made by officials in assessing a crucial major penalty to Cody Eakin during Tuesday night’s Game 7 in San Jose.

The Sharks scored four times during the power play to erase a 3-0 deficit and eventually won 5-4 in overtime to end the Knights season.

“The league did reach out and apologize,” McPhee said Thursday. “They made a mistake and I’m sure (the officials) feel bad about it. They want to get things right like we all do when we’re doing our jobs.”

Golden Knights’ McPhee says NHL admitted error in Game 7 call

ESPN link with a longer report:

NHL apologizes to Vegas for major penalty call

McPhee is taking the high road, at least outwardly. Admirable.

Regards,
Chris

agreed...but really does he have a choice?

4 goals on a single PP, refs didnt score those

agreed...but really does he have a choice?

4 goals on a single PP, refs didnt score those
Once I saw it was a major, I said to my friend, "Let's get 2 on this." Nobody in their right mind expected 4.

Earlier in the game, the Sharks got back-2-back power plays and couldn't score. Vegas just fell apart at the worst time.

Regards,
Chris

People who point to the number of goals scored during the PP as if it excuses the penalty call or means Vegas shouldn't be griping are people who didn't watch the game, people who don't understand momentum in sports, or both.

Vegas is being incredibly reasonable about the call (at least outwardly). We'd all be jumping from the rooftops.

People who point to the number of goals scored during the PP as if it excuses the penalty call or means Vegas shouldn't be griping are people who didn't watch the game, people who don't understand momentum in sports, or both.
The call was bad. Vegas' performance in that moment was bad. Vegas has every right to gripe. Vegas also should look in the mirror at their meltdown. Plenty of blame to go around.

Regards,
Chris

Vegas is being incredibly reasonable about the call (at least outwardly). We'd all be jumping from the rooftops.

True but TBH we'd probably be losing our ish even more over coughing up 4 goals on one major PK.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back