PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

I'm on the fence too but a lot of national hockey guys think the Bruins win tonight and bring it back to Boston. The games they've lost have been close but hoping for a couple quick Bs goals tonight.
Boston can't get down by more than one, especially early.

Wish I could feel optimistic about tonight. The Bruins' only chance is to get up by two and be demons on defense. What worries me most is the refs calling it loose for the Blues in front of their home crowd.

I feel just the opposite. I think the league has made it clear to the refs that the headhunting has to stop, and that the Bruins will play a great game and get the win. Could be wrong, but that’s my gut instinct.

I can’t remember who wrote it but I agree with the idea that the way to stop the headhunting is to give major’s for it, I also think coaches should be able to challenge blatant cheap shots that are missed, but they should have to wait for a stoppage time n play so they can’t use it to kill momentum. If the Blues has been getting major’s they would have stopped already.

Back to 12 Forwards tonight. Looks like Kuhlman in for Backes.

Of course they do, smdh. It would be a gross oversight if they didn't. If CSNNE/NBC SPORTS/ whatever that collection of donkeys is calling themselves this week were capable of feeling any shame they'd never have posted that tripe that was probably put together by some intern barely out of diapers. What organization a win away from a championship wouldn't have a plan in place? As bulletin board material goes it's pure horsesh!t. If lose and you wear the donkey ears while watching another team hoist a Cup that should be getting your name on it isn't enough motivation nothing StL says or does is any help at this point. Any player that requires bulletin board material for an elimination game should either play for Vancouver or Toronto or maybe have chosen to play baseball or basketball, 'cause they lack the heart for hockey

Its more than that.

The St. Louis Dispatch already released their "Congrats Blues" write up from the owner for the post game tonight/tomorrow morning's edition/electronic edition.

I agree, all teams pre-plan their parades and the logistics. Only some release that they have pre-planned it.

Last edited:
Of course they do, smdh. It would be a gross oversight if they didn't. If CSNNE/NBC SPORTS/ whatever that collection of donkeys is calling themselves this week were capable of feeling any shame they'd never have posted that tripe that was probably put together by some intern barely out of diapers. What organization a win away from a championship wouldn't have a plan in place? As bulletin board material goes it's pure horsesh!t. If lose and you wear the donkey ears while watching another team hoist a Cup that should be getting your name on it isn't enough motivation nothing StL says or does is any help at this point. Any player that requires bulletin board material for an elimination game should either play for Vancouver or Toronto or maybe have chosen to play baseball or basketball, 'cause they lack the heart for hockey
Yeah, but...

Let's hope the team also loses focus.

Last edited:
This is actually my biggest "fear" for tonight. They get down early and fold up the tents.
If they do, they never deserved to be where they are.

Back to Boston.

STL had it in the bag.

Bruins win tonight

I’m a lot less nervous than either game 4 or 5

Marchand is due.

Due you think that will happen?

I could certainly see the way this series has gone that a quick 2 goal Blues lead would cause the wheels to come off.

Prove me completely wrong Bs.

Go Bruins!! Bring it back to Boston for a win in Game 7!!

I think sitting Backes is a mistake. We need his presence down low and he brings a toughness. Top line needs to play well. I probably wont be on here tonight so LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

man, I have some serious butter flys going on for this game. they are not allowed to lose. I'm avoiding all the pre-game sh!t. it just makes me more anxious.

I think sitting Backes is a mistake. We need his presence down low and he brings a toughness. Top line needs to play well. I probably wont be on here tonight so LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Hate the decision.

They should’ve learned from earlier in the postseason when this didn’t work out. Backes was key in turning things around and throughout the win streak.

Hate the decision.

They should’ve learned from earlier in the postseason when this didn’t work out. Backes was key in turning things around and throughout the win streak.

Bingo. Bringing him in during during the Leafs series changed it completely.

Yeah I don't get why Backes is sitting. Put him on a line with Marchand & Bergeron. This team needs guys that are tough to move from the front of the net. Move Pastrnak to a line with Krejci and Debrusk. Seems as though Cassidy is being very stubborn. It's quite clear that the first line can't handle the physicality of the Blues.

I love backes. he's all heart. but he hasn't done much while he has been out there. I don't think it's a big deal that he's sitting. gryz not playing is what i worry about.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back