PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

The Bruin’s have been the best team throughout the postseason, but the Blues have the upper hand. I think Boston will win in St. Louis, and back to Boston it goes.

I watched a little NHL Network and the St Louis bias is just over the top. It's clear the league is trying to direct the narrative here. They were blaming Acciari for not getting up and one bozo actually said it was a borderline call. Maybe they missed his head bouncing off the ice. I don't know why they're bothering. Everybody outside of Boston is thrilled. It's like non-overturns the Eagles befitted from when all that year those weren't catches. Nobody cared because it went against the Pats.

He should be having a meeting with league safety along with Barbashev and both the guys who had head shots on Krug. If that was Marchand he gets at least a game and any other Bruin gets a game.
i had to stop watching. it was over the top nauseating.

depressing. they are due!!!

So, you've finally come around.

Right now STL has more due on their side than the B"s. Weird things are happening detrimental to the Bruins.

So, you've finally come around.

Right now STL has more due on their side than the B"s. Weird things are happening detrimental to the Bruins.
Has more due or has more duedue?

32y4na.jpg

Last edited:
I watched a little NHL Network and the St Louis bias is just over the top. It's clear the league is trying to direct the narrative here. They were blaming Acciari for not getting up and one bozo actually said it was a borderline call. Maybe they missed his head bouncing off the ice. I don't know why they're bothering. Everybody outside of Boston is thrilled. It's like non-overturns the Eagles befitted from when all that year those weren't catches. Nobody cared because it went against the Pats.

He should be having a meeting with league safety along with Barbashev and both the guys who had head shots on Krug. If that was Marchand he gets at least a game and any other Bruin gets a game.
Marchand got two games for his last slew foot, looked remarkably like the play last night, he deserved it but no call or suspension if you wear a Blues uniform.

Unfortunately game 6 was in Boston and the Canucks were horrendous on the road.
27-10-4 really sucks

Home ice advantage means nothing if you are the better team

^^ Ironically, hockey rules include a legit home ice advantage in final change.

Regards,
Chris

We need to pull all the stops out for this game.

The Wahlberg family needs to be there. Irish Mafia. Mafia from Providence RI. Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Jimmy Fallon, Conan Obrien, Jay Leno, Areosmith, Big Popi, Bob Kraft, Rob Zombie.

I think Rask summed the no call up from what the players perspective needs to be:
"Things happen quick, but it doesn't help to complain about it afterwards. But, you know, it sucks it was kind of a deciding play of the game. It is what it is."

Cassidy addressed it in his post game comments with the proper word: "egregious"

At this point I think it behooves Neely to blast the league office publicly in no uncertain terms. The league's mandate on not dropping the gloves needs to go by the wayside if this BS continues. First non call cheapshot in game 6 should result in every Bruin on the ice dropping the gloves and grabbing a dance partner. In their desire for a showcase event, that their refs aren't capable of officiating properly, the league has given itself a huge black eye by allowing dirty sh!t play to replace hardnosed hockey and dictate the game. It's hard to blame StL for what their doing when they are getting away with it, it's only a penalty when it gets called after all. Bozak even pulled up mea culpa style in anticipation of a call after the slew on Acciari, not his fault it wasn't called.

Why wait? Let a Providence goon go after someone right off the face. Have chara fake a visor issue or something and rush the kid out. Bonus cash if he knocks a zebra out.

The Sanford hit on Krug was just as cheap. He should also be getting a phonecall.

If I wanted to watch 1977 Flyers/Sabres I'd build a Way -Back machine.

That hit was absurd. Watch in slow mo, leads with elbow up and extends arm to continue contact through krugs base with his elbow. Filthy. If they won't call it, the players need to be able to address it.

The NFL caught hell for one bad call in the nfccg. The NHL has bungled multiple games in every level of its play offs this year. Literally let blown calls decide games.

The simple fact is two blown calls literally put both goals on the board for the blues last night. If you can review an entry into the zone a theoretical 2 min before a goal and negate it, why cant simple **** like too many men be checked similarly? Since goals are scarce, and therefore so important. How dont the refs huddle up and fix that second abortion? Isnt that exactly what a league office review room should be the to fix? Obvious and egregious blown calls that effect scoring/ scoring chances? Ffs.

I never thought I'd see a day when there was clearly a US based pro sports league with laughably worse officiating than the NBA.

Last edited:
Marchand got two games for his last slew foot, looked remarkably like the play last night, he deserved it but no call or suspension if you wear a Blues uniform.

Was the Marchand trip in the regular season? Gotta figure a regular season slew foot would be treated differently than one in the cup finals. Seems NHL is only focusing on hits to the head area as suspension worthy right now.

And whether it’s right or wrong, given Marchands history it’s likely he’s going to be looked at a more unfavorable light.

The Wahlberg family needs to be there. Irish Mafia. Mafia from Providence RI. Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Jimmy Fallon, Conan Obrien, Jay Leno, Areosmith, Big Popi, Bob Kraft, Rob Zombie.
i dont want any of those hollywood idiots in the house. jay leno kraft and big papi thats it. the rest of them can gtfo.

i dont want any of those hollywood idiots in the house. jay leno kraft and big papi thats it. the rest of them can gtfo.
What did you call my friends in Providence?

Yeah, they really need Mark Wahlberg to leave after the first period.

Half those people couldn't even name the first string for the B's.

If it were up to me, I'd just have Tom Brady surprise the team by walking into that locker room right before they take the ice, screaming "Let's ****ing go!"

Of course, it'd have to be game 7 and back here.

Half those people couldn't even name the first string for the B's.

If it were up to me, I'd just have Tom Brady surprise the team by walking into that locker room right before they take the ice, screaming "Let's ****ing go!"

Of course, it'd have to be game 7 and back here.

It might be the best money the Bruins ever spent if they flew him to STL to give his you're honored, your family is honored speeched. He'd have them walking through walls which pretty much is what they need to do with that STL defense.

It might be the best money the Bruins ever spent if they flew him to STL to give his you're honored, your family is honored speeched. He'd have them walking through walls which pretty much is what they need to do with that STL defense.
That isn't defense, it's closer to organized crime than anything. Gryzlyc and Krug should sue. I don't see how a jury doesn't rule gross negligience with respect to the player safety arm of the league. Clearly all their talk about concussions and enforcing safe play is just that, talk. It's dispicable. All so the NHL can pump the Cinderella aspect of a goon squad? It's scary how short sighted and wreckless their in game officiating and post game review of flagrant, dangerous hits are. This isn't just a bad call. This is one month of patterned behavior, and the players union needs to step up and do something drastic to save the league from themselves.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back