PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Training Camp - Day 1 (7/27/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that could very well be. But, I don't ever remember things going down between Hightower and both the Steelers and Jets the way Breer described today. Of course, neither BoZo nor Bertrand questioned him or asked for any sort of clarification.

Breer just being breer. All that stuff he was talking about was just rumours put out by the rats. I know when Hightower re-signed with the Pats for less money than than the rats offered that's the spin they put on it after it all went down.

Breer just being breer. All that stuff he was talking about was just rumours put out by the rats. I know when Hightower re-signed with the Pats for less money than than the rats offered that's the spin they put on it after it all went down.
Just watching him now on Comcast. God, he is a bone-on...

ne thing is for sure: you better be able to catch the ball in his backfield. All of them, including newcomers Mike Gillislee and Burkhead, were at ease catching the ball.

Huge wrinkle to this year's offense. While all props to Blount for what he brought to the table...when he was in, it was a run the majority of the time and he didn't get much attention even if he did get out of the backfield. Play action will be more effective with two way threats in all down and distance.

First player to have a return TD, rushing TD and receiving TD in a playoff game not good enough for ya? Yeesh.

Yes, he needs to draw up the play on the new league approved Surface, then run upstairs and commentate the replay, and finally make the official determination call when the opposing coach throws the red challenge flag. Then DANG IT we will be entertained!!!

No credible writer has said he's in danger of being cut. Ridiculous.

And I've never said that Lewis is "in danger of being cut".

I've only said that he's not a lock to be a member of the active 53 at the start of the regular season.

Oh man, some serious issues with reading comprehension here..

He got a FA contract from the Pats 2 years ago and now from the Colts. Nobody said anything about him having multiple offers this year.

I wrote he was released early by the team that drafted him. Nobody said anything about him being drafted early.

And yet we got got him essentially for free. There couldn't have been a lot of interest out there for him.

3 years is "for years". It's multiple years. What's your problem ?

Stats mean nothing. Especially for DEs who based on scheme could be more responsible for edge setting than rushing or vica versa. Fact is that the team that drafted him was comfortable cutting bait for a bargain. This is in stark contrast to Sheard who got actual FA offers. Another instance where stats and the reality of how NFL teams value players don't match up.

In one of your earlier posts, you implied that Ealy was a 1st rounder.

Ealy was not a free agent, so he couldn't have gotten offers. He wasn't "released", he was traded. And we don't know whether it was Carolina that initiated the trade or the Patriots. I don't recall any reports that Ealy was being shopped for trade by (the now departed) Gettleman, so how would Ealy have generated any "interest"?

The Patriots have Ealy on what is essentially a cheap, one-year rental for the final year of his rookie deal. His potential 2018 contract demands may have been a factor in Gettleman agreeing to the trade (and that's assuming that Gettleman was being smart and rational). The fact that Gettleman agreed to the trade is not equivalent to saying that the Panthers thought that Ealy was a JAG or a failed draft pick.

"Years?" Ealy had a decent rookie season and then performed for two years at a level very similar to what got Sheard $25M ... one year of rookie adjustment and two years of productive performance seems significantly different from the implications of "limited for years."

"Stats mean nothing. Especially for DEs who based on scheme could be more responsible for edge setting than rushing or vica versa." And that applies equally to Sheard.

My problem is that you've made the claim that Ealy is a JAG (or less than a JAG) and some sort of reclamation project for the Pats. I don't think you've come close to justifying that claim.

A wife, a daughter, and even a female cat for the longest time... finally got another little dude (my son) in the house 6 months ago! Speaking of which, I gotta get some Brady onesies ASAP!!

FYI all, I have now read this whole thread. Can I leave the dog house now?
I feel your pain. Me- Wife. 3 daughters , two female dogs and we just got a 3rd dog..a boy.

I think you have suffered enough

Going to lock this now, let's go to the day 2 thread to discuss!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST