PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Training Camp - Day 4 (7/30/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pads today?????

One leftover from yesterday practice . from Reiss' quick-hits:

In the Patriots' first full-pads practice of training camp Saturday, it stood out that veteran linebacker David Harris had the green dot on his helmet as the primary communicator at one point and was playing alongside what many would consider the team's starting personnel. It's extremely early, but when I saw it, the initial thought was how Patriots coaches seem to have significant plans for the 33-year-old. Since Harris doesn't factor into the special-teams mix, it also makes me wonder if a player like second-year linebacker Elandon Roberts -- who, like Harris, isn't a huge factor on special teams -- might be affected most by Harris' arrival in terms of a roster spot, because a club can carry only so many linebackers who don't have significant roles in the kicking game.
__

It should be added that Roberts had a lot of green dot snaps as well . and that he was actually projected as a “calling card“ special teamer on draft night (he played ST in college of course). For some reason he is not reported to be a part of ST units these days . so an interesting situation to monitor..
__

ST units Friday

The first group to cover the kicks, from left to right, consisted of Rowe, Brandon Bolden, James O’Shaughnessy, Slater, Nate Ebner, Jordan Richards, Jonathan Jones, Grissom, Brandon King and Coleman.

The next group included Gilmore, Burkhead, Harvey Langi, Jason Thompson, Kyle Van Noy, Jonathan Freeny, Foster, Derek Rivers, Mike Gillislee and Cyrus Jones.

A very sad good morning to everyone today. One of my favorite Pats has decided to walk away from the game. I understand he has to do what's best for him. I really thought he'd give it one more go, but I guess not.:(

Anyway, another day of camp. Here's to wishing no injuries today or any more "surprise" retirements.

One leftover from yesterday practice . from Reiss' quick-hits:

In the Patriots' first full-pads practice of training camp Saturday, it stood out that veteran linebacker David Harris had the green dot on his helmet as the primary communicator at one point and was playing alongside what many would consider the team's starting personnel. It's extremely early, but when I saw it, the initial thought was how Patriots coaches seem to have significant plans for the 33-year-old. Since Harris doesn't factor into the special-teams mix, it also makes me wonder if a player like second-year linebacker Elandon Roberts -- who, like Harris, isn't a huge factor on special teams -- might be affected most by Harris' arrival in terms of a roster spot, because a club can carry only so many linebackers who don't have significant roles in the kicking game.
__

It should be added that Roberts had a lot of green dot snaps as well . and that he was actually projected as a “calling card“ special teamer on draft night (he played ST in college of course). For some reason he is not reported to be a part of ST units these days . so an interesting situation to monitor..
__

ST units Friday

The first group to cover the kicks, from left to right, consisted of Rowe, Brandon Bolden, James O’Shaughnessy, Slater, Nate Ebner, Jordan Richards, Jonathan Jones, Grissom, Brandon King and Coleman.

The next group included Gilmore, Burkhead, Harvey Langi, Jason Thompson, Kyle Van Noy, Jonathan Freeny, Foster, Derek Rivers, Mike Gillislee and Cyrus Jones.

Appreciate reading about the ST unit groupings. This is a greater indication for me of where a "backup" stands.

A very sad good morning to everyone today. One of my favorite Pats has decided to walk away from the game. I understand he has to do what's best for him. I really thought he'd give it one more go, but I guess not.:(

Anyway, another day of camp. Here's to wishing no injuries today or any more "surprise" retirements.

Here Here!

Sad but a good day to celebrate his outstanding career and walking away healthy.

Here Here!

Sad but a good day to celebrate his outstanding career and walking away healthy.
And I will celebrate him today, this season and for years to come. He has left a mark on this team and me. He was such a great player for us and one of the smartest football players I've ever watched. BB used to say Vrabel never made a wrong read or was ever out of position. I'm sure he'd say the exact same thing about Ninko. I'd take a guy like him over a more physically gifted athlete any day of the week.

But hasn't he been coming through the front door and driving the crowd crazy every other day?:confused:

He has. Perhaps he's a bit melancholy like the rest of us for Nink. Take the attention away from him.

It would be cool if Nink came out for a curtain call or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST