PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Draft Prospect Thread

reamer said:
LOL. I've been a member of both for over 7 years. I prefer this one, as you can see by the difference in number of posts.
Curious what the other one is ?

If they could pick him up with their mid-second round pick (ie. their fourth pick in the draft), that could make for an excellent draft.

1-1 - Myles Garrett
1-12 - OJ Howard
2- 33 - Joe Mixon
2-52 - Teez Tabor
3-65 - Sidney Jones

Trade 2018 1st and 2nd for Jimmy Garropolo

Equals winning.

Offense could be fairly good with JG. Defense stinks, though, not sure Williams is the right guy but it doesn't matter if they can't get a QB.

If Patriots kept BB, TB12 and JG, Browns kept their HC and QBs and flipped the rest of the rosters who do you think would be better ? I'm thinking new Patriots but I don't want to disrespect all the others on the team.

Curious what the other one is ?

Footballs Future. I see some useful discussion on there at times, but I don't post as much because of the culture. Everyone wants to be the smartest and most legit. There's just a lot of chest pounding, and most threads devolve into shouting matches. Still, I stick around because there's some useful discussion, and it's helpful to see perspectives from other teams.

Many years ago, I also used to participate in the Patriots offseason simulation. We'd have a GM, a head of scouting, and then positional scouts. Each team's forum had a war room and secret Google Docs shared to discuss prospect, and we participated in a board-wide draft as well as Free Agency. It was pretty fun. A lot of the regulars drifted away, though, so I always ended up coming back here as my Patriots / Football home. This place is the best out there.

The insanity of how deep this draft is.

I saw a mock that had us taking:

De/olb Anderson -Alabama
CB Sutton -tenn.
De hall -Texas a&m

With our first three picks.
I would not begin to consider either Anderson or Sutton until the 4th round.

Delano Hill is arguably my number one "most likely" pick for the Pats this year

Overview: Delano Hill may be the safest player in this entire draft class. He is very technical and disciplined and also possesses enough athleticism to be very effective in the NFL. An ideal fit for him would be an aggressive, blitz heavy scheme where he can work in as a strong safety/nickel corner. Hill could also fit in very well on special teams where his athleticism and sound tackling would be a huge asset to any unit. I expect Hill to begin his career as a very good #3 safety on a team and then eventually work his way into a starting lineup one way or another.

2017 NFL Draft: Delano Hill Scouting Report

I would not begin to consider either Anderson or Sutton until the 4th round.

No worries. Anderson is one of my binkies, so there's no chance whatsoever that BB selects him at any point in this draft. I'll just have to wait 3-4 years until BB picks him up in a trade or signs him as a UFA.

Wrote a brief pats draft guide for my buddy's site during March Madness. Gave a shoutout to the forum. Thanks for the help.

2017 Patriots NFL Draft Guide

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...91153973827/2017+Patriots+NFL+Draft+Guide.pdf

If any of you want to write or put your content on the site let me know. It's been getting solid traffic since March.

Good stuff

But Thomas over MG? LOL C'mon man that's awful and I might have been the first to bring up Thomas here.

Light years apart

Some really good stuff tho!

Wrote a brief pats draft guide for my buddy's site during March Madness. Gave a shoutout to the forum. Thanks for the help.

2017 Patriots NFL Draft Guide

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...91153973827/2017+Patriots+NFL+Draft+Guide.pdf

If any of you want to write or put your content on the site let me know. It's been getting solid traffic since March.

That's a terrific write up. Well done.

But here's the most important question. Is your real name Pat Snow?

Good stuff

But Thomas over MG? LOL C'mon man that's awful and I might have been the first to bring up Thomas here.

Light years apart

Some really good stuff tho!

What's a draft without hot takes :D!

Still feeling the burn from Tavon Austin #2 overall, Johnny friggin Football top 3, Odell in the 40s, etc.

I find the situation similar to Donald/Clowney (Donald #1 & Jimmy G #10 are my favorite hot takes).

Both Garrett & Thomas will probably be All-Pros. Curious if Garrett becomes the HOF talent he's destined to be.

Thanks for the read. Love your draft thread it was a big help.

That's a terrific write up. Well done.

But here's the most important question. Is your real name Pat Snow?

Pseudonym. I didn't have a name for youtube and one day I ripped "Pat Snow" from patsinthesnow here. Stuck ever since for writing purposes. Hope no Pat Snows are offended. :D

What's a draft without hot takes :D!

Still feeling the burn from Tavon Austin #2 overall, Johnny friggin Football top 3, Odell in the 40s, etc.

I find the situation similar to Donald/Clowney (Donald #1 & Jimmy G #10 are my favorite hot takes).

Both Garrett & Thomas will probably be All-Pros. Curious if Garrett becomes the HOF talent he's destined to be.

Thanks for the read. Love your draft thread it was a big help.

Pseudonym. I didn't have a name for youtube and one day I ripped "Pat Snow"
from patsinthesnow here. Stuck ever since for writing purposes. Hope no Pat Snows are offended. :D

I wasn't on here but I have to say I had Donald 9.76
Beckham 9.60
Evans 9.57
Mack 9.55
Clowney 9.45

I was very high on Beckham and Donald long before they became names. And I'm an unapologetic Clowney guy. But he didn't have a legit skill set.

MG is the complete opposite with an array of moves, speed 2 power and great against run as well. Improved big time taking on pulling G's this. His hands need some work but like Donald, ODB, Evans and Mack I'll have him as a HOF'R (Above 9.5 on my scale)

FWIW I Thought Joey Harrington and Charles Rodgers were HOF material but was younger and not as involved as I am now.

Beckham 9.60
Evans 9.57
Mack 9.55
Clowney 9.45

I was very high on Beckham and Donald long before they became names. And I'm an unapologetic Clowney guy. But he didn't have a legit skill set.

MG is the complete opposite with an array of moves, speed 2 power and great against run as well. Improved big time taking on pulling G's this. His hands need some work but like Donald, ODB, Evans and Mack I'll have him as a HOF'R (Above 9.5 on my scale)

FWIW I Thought Joey Harrington and Charles Rodgers were HOF material but was younger and not as involved as I am now.

You'd have to go some to beat a former regular of ours, Mayoclinic, on Beckham and Donald. Although I was very high on Donald early too. One just had to look at one game to see that Donald was something special.

Beckham 9.60
Evans 9.57
Mack 9.55
Clowney 9.45

(not to get thread off topic. Atleast it's productive discussion unlike the UFC Butler thread in the main forum)

Wow, impressive on Beckham! He confused me as a prospect. I was much higher on his teammate Landry. Oops. I've made top 50 rankings casually since 2013 and WR has been a mess. Way better at defense.

Trying to get better each year. This forum helped get me into the draft. Interesting that Garrett & Clowney are different caliber prospects in your eyes. I remember when the media hyped Clowney as the best defensive prospect in a generation. Then two players from the same draft in Donald/Mack went on to be superior players (for now). Oops by them.

(not to get thread off topic. Atleast it's productive discussion unlike the UFC Butler thread in the main forum)

Wow, impressive on Beckham! He confused me as a prospect. I was much higher on his teammate Landry. Oops. I've made top 50 rankings casually since 2013 and WR has been a mess. Way better at defense.

Trying to get better each year. This forum helped get me into the draft. Interesting that Garrett & Clowney are different caliber prospects in your eyes. I remember when the media hyped Clowney as the best defensive prospect in a generation. Then two players from the same draft in Donald/Mack went on to be superior players (for now). Oops by them.

Clowney has been injured. As he showed against us, there's plenty of talent to be tapped there.

I still believe that Clowney is mis-cast in Houston (and RAC's) 3-4 defense.
He would be a true beast in this defense now.

Interesting. I think he's pretty foundational to what they do, but I could see him excelling here as well. Do you think he should be a pure 43 DE?

Too small to be worthy of top-100 consideration here. And if we do keep Butler, then I would rather use a day 3 pick on one of the bigger, though less polished CBs who should still be available then, such as Shaquille Griffin, Brendan Langley, Nathan Hairston et al.

Kansas St. lb Elijah Lee seems to fit us like a glove.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back