PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Draft Prospect Thread

I didn't know jake butt had torn his acl before. Was it on the same knee? Is anyone
concerned about this? We saw this before with easley. How does it affect his speed being the second time?

Regarding behavior, Talib pistol whipped someone (sister's boyfriend I think) the Patriots will acquire non saints. Heck, Moss had his issues. Who knows about domestic violence with Myra gone but I don't think we can automatically remove everyone with issues off the board even if they don't have the best history.

IMG_1318.jpg

Why Houston linebacker Tyus Bowser warrants first-round consideration in the NFL Draft. sportingnews.com/nfl/news/2017-…

Draft forum binkies skyeocketing everywhere

Tony Pauline

At the time of this writing I’m just beginning the Washington film. The Husky who really stands out is Budda Baker.

When I watch the film on Baker my thoughts are, wow, just wow! If there’s a player I would compare him to it’s the All Pro safety who plays just a few minutes from the Washington campus, Earl Thomas of the Seattle Seahawks.

My thoughts exactly Tony.

Monday Mussings: February 27th | Draft Analyst

Here a great article w clips on TE George Kittle.
Its from last year but serves well.
3 plays that show why George Kittle is the best TE in CFB | PFF

Just to add 2016:
Kittle was an honorable mention All-Big Ten pick last season (11 starts, 22-314, four TD), even though he was limited by a foot injury the second half of the year.

Huge sleeper IMO. Hope it stays that way and Pats take him.
I can already envision Edelman's storyline for him with the Pats..

Id love him to rise . so that a better prospect falls lower for the Pats

I really like him depending on usage. As a pass rusher I worry he's Marcus Smith. But as a linebacker that blitzes, I think he can be similar to Jamie Collins-ish.

I really like him depending on usage. As a pass rusher I worry he's Marcus Smith. But as a linebacker that blitzes, I think he can be similar to Jamie Collins-ish.

Possible .. To me he looked very much like ex basketball player, lacking playing strength and suffered w tackling.

I mean . we have Mingo that struggles to find a place on D. I hope they bring him back and make him a D contributor.

Just been watching Jamaal Adams. Everyone knows about his physicality in run support but his man coverage is exceptional. Aside from Garrett, I'm pretty sure I'll have Adams as no 1 on my board. He plays every safety position (strong, free and man cover nickel), he's like a missile in run support (although does miss a tackle or two out of pure aggressiveness) and his on-field leadership character is very evident. If we get a top three pick and don't trade down, I'll lay money on Adams or Thomas (no 2 on my board) being the pick.

Early on in the process, I was convinced I'd like Hooker over Adams but Adams is just irresistable. By the by, I also really like Beckwith and Duke Riley although Riley is undersized.

Tarik Cohen, Dion Lewis 2? I dont know about his ability to pass protect but wow

Only 5'6" and 175 pounds

Tarik Cohen, Dion Lewis 2? I dont know about his ability to pass protect but wow

Only 5'6" and 175 pounds

If he can pass protect then he may have a chance. if not Special teams could be interesting

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back