PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Draft Prospect Thread

Boards will be changing a lot over the next 30 days.

I expect the elite pass rushers and defensive backs to continue to move up boards.

The best thing for us is if teams take as many qb's as possible in he first round.

God I hope not, currently he's my favourite "most likely" CB pick for the Pats

God I hope not, currently he's my favourite "most likely" CB pick for the Pats

It's likely true that he'll go higher than expected, though. @patchick Did a great breakdown on tall corners with elite quickness. There aren't many of them in the entire league. The Patriots now have two of them. It's a rare, highly coveted combination.

It's likely true that he'll go higher than expected, though. @patchick Did a great breakdown on tall corners with elite quickness. There aren't many of them in the entire league. The Patriots now have two of them. It's a rare, highly coveted combination.

This is why I like Wilson so much. With this class, I could see him there in the 3rd round. I don't think he's a finished product yet and probably won't be an early starter but all the things you want to see are there. He just needs to grow into them professionally. There's no certainty we'll take a CB, it'll depend on what happens to Butler and what they think of Cyrus but Wilson strikes me as someone that could be equally adept both inside and outside.

Harvey Langi in the run game.

One guy I really like as a typical BB pick in the late rounds or UDFA is Texas El-Paso RB Aaron Jones. He looks to have all the character traits BB likes and, of course, was a team captain.

5-9, 208 lbs
40 - 4.56
BP - 16
VJ - 37.5
BJ - 10'7"
3C - 6.82
SS - 4.2

Runs hard and is a quality receiver too.

Last edited:
Harvey Langi in the run game.

I havent watched much on langi but do you really think he could be a first rounder like BB said? I havent gotten around to watching much tape of his yet.

I havent watched much on langi but do you really think he could be a first rounder like BB said? I havent gotten around to watching much tape of his yet.

He's got very good size for a Patriots linebacker and he moves well for his size. But, from the one cut up I watched, he plays a bit carelessly and his instincts aren't the best. He's a day three pick for me but I can see why BB might like him, if in fact he did say that.

Right.. we have no first or second rounders.. unless we trade Jimmy G.. SO everyone whats the plan for the draft now?

Right.. we have no first or second rounders.. unless we trade Jimmy G.. SO everyone whats the plan for the draft now?

Laugh at the Jets?

See if the new Colts GM decides to draft a WR?

Personally, I'm not convinced the drama with Butler is finished; I wouldn't be surprised if ultimately he signs an offer sheet with New Orleans and we don't match and wind up with pick #11. But we'll see.

Laugh at the Jets?

Personally, I'm not convinced the drama with Butler is finished; I wouldn't be surprised if ultimately he signs an offer sheet with New Orleans and we don't match and wind up with pick #11. But we'll see.

Whatever happens its going to be an entertaining one.. i would like to see jimmy g trade but i want a 1st this year and second rounders..

One guy I really like as a typical BB pick in the late rounds or UDFA is Texas El-Paso RB Aaron Jones. He looks to have all the character traits BB likes and, of course, was a team captain.

5-9, 208 lbs
40 - 4.56
BP - 16
VJ - 37.5
BJ - 10'7"
3C - 6.82
SS - 4.2

Runs hard and is a quality receiver too.

Dam i like him. Seems to like the contact

Well, the good news is that the opportunity for BB to take another Tavon Wilson or Jordan Richards in the 2nd round has pretty much been eliminated.

Laugh at the Jets?

The Titans have the #5 and #18 and some decent cap space left. There's still a (slim) possibility that they'd make an offer for Butler that BB wouldn't match.

The Titans have the #5 and #18 and some decent cap space left. There's still a (slim) possibility that they'd make an offer for Butler that BB wouldn't match.

In this scenario it would be better for NO to make the offer because we'd get pick 18 from the Titans so a lower pick than we'd get from NO.

In this scenario it would be better for NO to make the offer because we'd get pick 18 from the Titans so a lower pick than we'd get from NO.

True. But the TEN scenario seems a bit more realistic since they have the #5 & #18 versus the #11 and #32.

Either way, BB is likely to trade down in the first and pick up another 2nd or 3rd. ;)

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back