PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 Patriots vs. 2013 Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet, you are arguing the Pats' defense isn't as good as we think it is because of the competition and talking about how much better the Broncos defense will get adding an over the hill Bailey and a very good Miller after beating up on three really bad offenses.

:confused:

This is a discussion about the 2007 Patriots in comparison to the 2013 Broncos. I simply noted that the Broncos are currently missing two of their starters on defense, and that they are expected to return, which should improve their defense.

So the Pats' defense is an unknown quantity because they faced crappy offenses, but the Broncos' defense is great and only getting better because they didn't do as well as the Pats' defense against about as bad offenses as the Pats faced. You Broncos fans get me.

I'm not sure why you're trying to go cross-thread on something like this. I can only assume that you haven't bothered actually reading this thread. My posts:

With 127 points through the first three games of the season, the Broncos are comfortably ahead of the 114 point 2007 Patriots scoring pace.

Of course. I don't expect Manning to be able to keep this up forever, but the Broncos are killing their opponents right now. Their next 5 opponents:

Eagles
Cowboys
Jaguars
Colts
Redskins

Manning should be able to keep piling on the points all the way through the Broncos bye week.

I just want to point out that Denver is doing this without Miller and Bailey, both of whom should return and make the team's defense more formidable.

Absolutely. Time will tell the tale. I don't expect the 2013 Broncos to be better than the 2007 Patriots.

That's it. Nothing rating the defense as great/good/bad/indifferent.

As for the "Broncos fans" comment, you keep on reinforcing my point about your decline as a poster. At this point, your obsession with me has turned pathetic.

Denver is fortunate enough to be in a weak NFL this year. Pitt is down, the NFC east is bad, Balt is still on their honeymoon. Pats look like an 8-8 team this yr

Denver won't face a real team until the Super Bowl.

:confused:

This is a discussion about the 2007 Patriots in comparison to the 2013 Broncos. I simply noted that the Broncos are currently missing two of their starters on defense, and that they are expected to return, which should improve their defense.

I'm not sure why you're trying to go cross-thread on something like this. I can only assume that you haven't bothered actually reading this thread. My posts:

That's it. Nothing rating the defense as great/good/bad/indifferent.

As for the "Broncos fans" comment, you keep on reinforcing my point about your decline as a poster. At this point, your obsession with me has turned pathetic.

Deus, I will continue to expose your agenda as long as you go around bullying everyone who disagrees with you and treat everyone on this board like they are beneath you. Again, I don't care about your opinion of me.

Feel free to ignore me if it upsets you so much.

The Broncos schedule certainly is shaping up to be a cream puff the way it looks right now. At Dallas and at Indy could be interesting. The Cowboys it just depends on which team shows. They can look like a playoff team one week and look like the Jags another. The game at Indy is interesting. I can see him being way over hyped for that that one and playing like crap. At Houston late in the season we'll have to see if the Texans start to look like last year's team.

The meat of their schedule however is going to be KC, @NE and @KC. If the Chiefs and Patriots defenses keep playing at their current levels and physicality that's a tough stretch.

The Broncos schedule certainly is shaping up to be a cream puff the way it looks right now. At Dallas and at Indy could be interesting. The Cowboys it just depends on which team shows. They can look like a playoff team one week and look like the Jags another. The game at Indy is interesting. I can see him being way over hyped for that that one and playing like crap. At Houston late in the season we'll have to see if the Texans start to look like last year's team.

The meat of their schedule however is going to be KC, @NE and @KC. If the Chiefs and Patriots defenses keep playing at their current levels and physicality that's a tough stretch.

Don't sleep on the Titans. They aren't a great team, but they have played good enough to be a top team if everything goes right for them on a given Sunday. They are one overtime loss to the Texans from 3-0 right now.

Denver is a really good offense with a weak schedule. Based on strength of schedule and the strength of the 2007 defense plus the 2007 offense, I would put that season's Pats ahead of the 2013 Broncos. Eventually, Denver is going to run into a game and a team where a defense figures out that you need to double Welker and Demariyus while also disguising your coverages and blitz packages instead of doing the first and simply sitting in two deep while giving yourself away pre-snap. The Ravens, Giants, and Raiders have all failed in that regard. The first viable candidate to do that looks to be Monte Kiffin and the Dallas Cowboys.

Don't sleep on the Titans. They aren't a great team, but they have played good enough to be a top team if everything goes right for them on a given Sunday. They are one overtime loss to the Texans from 3-0 right now.

If it was in Tenn I'd give them a punchers chance but the game is in Denver. I think the Titans could grab a WC spot if things break right for them but I don't see them going on the road and winning against a top team.

Deus, I will continue to expose your agenda as long as you go around bullying everyone who disagrees with you and treat everyone on this board like they are beneath you.

I don't have any agenda beyond discussing football. You're the one with the agenda.

Again, I don't care about your opinion of me.

That's probably a good thing, but it doesn't change the fact that you've become a horrible poster.

Feel free to ignore me if it upsets you so much.

I've done that before, and I'll likely do it again soon enough, but your implosion is fun to watch right now.

Denver is a really good offense with a weak schedule. Based on strength of schedule and the strength of the 2007 defense plus the 2007 offense, I would put that season's Pats ahead of the 2013 Broncos. Eventually, Denver is going to run into a game and a team where a defense figures out that you need to double Welker and Demariyus while also disguising your coverages and blitz packages instead of doing the first and simply sitting in two deep while giving yourself away pre-snap. The Ravens, Giants, and Raiders have all failed in that regard. The first viable candidate to do that looks to be Monte Kiffin and the Dallas Cowboys.

Pressure up the middle gives Manning fits too. I think that is part of the reason why Belichick and Patricia have moved Jones to a DT in the 4-3 and a DE in the 3-4 so much so far this season. I think it is specifically for the top QBs they are facing this year (Ryan, Manning, Brees, Flacco, and Schaub).

I think that if Denver's skill players stay healthy, they're going to be a real handful for any defense. Thomas stretches the D and is a huge target, great athlete. We all know what Welker brings. And Decker is a very reliable target. Their TEs will kill you if you focus on everything else, and their running game is certainly capable of hurting you if you sit in dime coverage all day long.

It would take a very good effort by a very good defense to really slow this team down. Now, that's certainly possible - we've seen good defenses do this to great offenses. But that's what it'll take.

If it was in Tenn I'd give them a punchers chance but the game is in Denver. I think the Titans could grab a WC spot if things break right for them but I don't see them going on the road and winning against a top team.

If I was a betting man, I would bet on Denver no matter where they play. Obviously being in Denver makes it that much harder. I don't think the Titans will beat the Broncos, but I certainly wouldn't be shocked if they did.

I think that if Denver's skill players stay healthy, they're going to be a real handful for any defense. Thomas stretches the D and is a huge target, great athlete. We all know what Welker brings. And Decker is a very reliable target. Their TEs will kill you if you focus on everything else, and their running game is certainly capable of hurting you if you sit in dime coverage all day long.

It would take a very good effort by a very good defense to really slow this team down. Now, that's certainly possible - we've seen good defenses do this to great offenses. But that's what it'll take.

Wilfork and this DL staying healthy and two gapping would neutralize their run game. Same would go for any DL that has a good, great, or dominant NT/DT. Double Welker and double Demariyus. Disguise your coverages and blitz packages pre-snap to throw off Manning and take your chances with the TE's and Decker. That's how the Broncos will be beat. Not shut down. You're not going to shut them down, just like teams couldn't shut down the Pats. But you can slow them down enough to win the game. What I just laid out is how you do it and good defensive minds with the horses to run it will be successful. Dallas is the first team on their schedule with the tools to do it. I expect Philly to get lit up by them like a Christmas Tree.

I don't have any agenda beyond discussing football. You're the one with the agenda.

That's probably a good thing, but it doesn't change the fact that you've become a horrible poster.

I've done that before, and I'll likely do it again soon enough, but your implosion is fun to watch right now.

LOL! You have made so many enemies on this board that I am not worried about imploding anytime soon. Sunday night showed that.

Pressure up the middle gives Manning fits too. I think that is part of the reason why Belichick and Patricia have moved Jones to a DT in the 4-3 and a DE in the 3-4 so much so far this season. I think it is specifically for the top QBs they are facing this year (Ryan, Manning, Brees, Flacco, and Schaub).

That speaks for itself. But you have to get pressure up the middle without blitzing. If you can pressure through the A and B gaps and get right in Manning's face, you throw his timing off. I think it has to start with shutting down the run, though. If the Broncos offense can become two dimensional on you, they're winning the game. It's really that simple. Shut down the run and start by making them one dimensional. It's the oldest trick in the book, but it's a great starting point for particularly potent offenses.

Denver is fortunate enough to be in a weak NFL this year. Pitt is down, the NFC east is bad, Balt is still on their honeymoon. Pats look like an 8-8 team this yr

Denver won't face a real team until the Super Bowl.
I'm intrigued that you think the Broncos will be making it to the Superbowl.

All credit due to their Bronco looking GM though. Elway went out and actually got his aging QB some weapons. Unlike someone else here in NE who thinks his aging QB has time for 4 rookies to develop. (2 or3 being undrafted) Not to mention letting our QBs fav receiver and best friend walk to our conference rival...right after Brady takes an extremely generous pay-cut in hopes the team can sign an extra guy or 2

No. Josh McDaniels went out and got the Broncos some weapons (Thomas, Decker and Moreno)

They weren't even trying for Welker until he basically called them because he didn't want to go to Tennessee and only wanted to resign with the Patriots on his terms.

That speaks for itself. But you have to get pressure up the middle without blitzing. If you can pressure through the A and B gaps and get right in Manning's face, you throw his timing off. I think it has to start with shutting down the run, though. If the Broncos offense can become two dimensional on you, they're winning the game. It's really that simple. Shut down the run and start by making them one dimensional. It's the oldest trick in the book, but it's a great starting point for particularly potent offenses.

I agree with the pressure without blitzing. The good news is the Pats got pressure up the middle on Sunday against a pretty good line without a lot of blitzing. Hopefully, they can do that when Denver comes to town.

Speaking of the Broncos....

As the refs deliberated, running backs Knowshosn Moreno and Montee Ball lobbied Hillman to get the chance to run the ball in on the next play.

So the three decided to play a game of rock-paper-scissors, with the winner getting the carry.

That's got to make the Raiders feel good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back