PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are posted as the #2 likely suspect for Lamar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be considered noteworthy that Mac, the rookie, was rated far above a guy named Lamar. :whistle:

Mac or Zappe or both will be better passers than Lamar once it's all over. Neither can obviously run like Lamar, but that has never guaranteed playoff success anyhow.

I think they will and should stay the course with Mac. Two first rounders (even one) and a massive contract for a QB with an injury history is not how they got where they got and it won't get them where they want to get.
But, the bottom line is, if BB thinks he can go out in a blaze of glory with a seventh Lombardi with Jackson, he'll do it to silence the "See, it was Brady" critics. I just don't see him going in that direction.

Nobody wants Jackson here more than me but I doubt it's happening if RKK was so public about it.

People are blowing Jackson's injuries way overboard. You can't operate like and he's been hurt in the pocket. It happens. Scared money don't make money. Again you can't operate worrying if football players are going to get hurt. And btw our own Mac was hurt and out last year. If he missed 3-4 games this year, is he injury prone???

If Mac + 14 gets you Lamar you have to consider it. You'd be extremely dumb not too and yes obviously you're paying him. Again some of you think you're too clever when it comes to spending. You're not getting elite players without paying them and gods knows this team needs elite players.

Not happening though. I would ****in torture some of you guys if it did and the gods won't give this Irishman the satisfaction of being right all the time.
Well "torture" is a little much, but you're welcome to bookmark my comment (#203 in this thread) and say "I told you so"...but only when they're rolling out the duck boats for the parade, because that's all that would justify making this move; I just don't see the trade or that particular parade happening.

I have no problem not making a trade for Lamar. But if they want to sniff the playoffs they better add a WR 1 to this offense.
They have enough right know at WR, TE, and RB if they sign Lamar. Adding Lamar puts them in serious contention for the division. Buffalo is still formattable but they've gotten worse this offseason, Miami is going nowhere a CTE specimen at QB1, and the Patriots with Lamar are better than the Jets with Rodgers. Lamar will have a huge impact on the team. Sticking with Mac, especially if we don't add an upper tier WR1, will put us in the division cellar. Is that what all of you Lamar haters prefer??

They have enough right know at WR, TE, and RB if they sign Lamar. Adding Lamar puts them in serious contention for the division. Buffalo is still formattable but they've gotten worse this offseason, Miami is going nowhere a CTE specimen at QB1, and the Patriots with Lamar are better than the Jets with Rodgers. Lamar will have a huge impact on the team. Sticking with Mac, especially if we don't add an upper tier WR1, will put us in the division cellar. Is that what all of you Lamar haters prefer??
Agree with everything but I think you are missing Miami they did sign Mike White as a backup and my guess is Tua will be very well protected not just by the scheme of Mike Mcdnaiel who is a offensive mastermind but the refs as well.
Factor in players may be reluctant to hit him knowing his health.

I have Miami battling for first or second place.

Not the mention probably one of the Toughest Schedules in years the for a Non Playoffs Team: the Two SB Teams are on our menu. I will pencil those two games as losses right now I'm calling it.

Last edited:
Agree with everything but I think you are missing Miami they did sign Mike White as a backup and my guess is Tua will be very well protected not just by the scheme of Mike Mcdnaiel who is a offensive mastermind but the refs as well.

I have Miami battling for first or second place.
Miami had a chance to beat Buffalo in the Playoffs with a Third String QB IF Tua played they Win that game. They had the ball with ample time left: yes that geek looking Mike McDaniel is a great young Offensive mind he's going to be a problem for us going forward.

I’d love Lamar on the team, how am I hating?

Well "torture" is a little much, but you're welcome to bookmark my comment (#203 in this thread) and say "I told you so"...but only when they're rolling out the duck boats for the parade, because that's all that would justify making this move; I just don't see the trade or that particular parade happening.
Silly fantasy by BCG. The actual fans here would root for LJ if he came here and be pumped about it. Only trolls -- who care more about being right than the team doing well -- would be "tortured".

Not happening. In fact the opposite might be true. It's a ruthless game, most players are going 100% all the time, and they aren't playing with empathy. Bosa, Watt, Garrett, Judon... their objective is destroy the QB... that isn't changing for Tua.

I’d love Lamar on the team, how am I hating?
If you're not a Lamar hater then I wasn't talking to you. Directly to you I was mainly pointing out the current roster is good enough with Lamar as the QB. With Mac, adding an upper tier WR1 is necessary, and it still might not be enough.

By my scale he gets an incomplete for 2022, after receiving a C+ as a rookie... which is a very good score for a rookie QB.
despite the really bad situation which should be considered by looking at the valuation of the overall performance,
we need to look at mac jones and just mac
like how did he move in the pocket, how was his awareness for delayed blitzes etc, how were his mechanics, his velocity, decision making etc.
i know this is influenced by the ****show this offense has been
but there are factors which were ONLY caused by mac's poor performance on some throws
patricia or the o-line is not the reason mac can not thrów more than 7-8 yards to his right side on outside throws, the reason for this were his mechanics
and no, mac did not forget his pocket awareness just because of patricia or showed no improvements in mechanics just due patricia
he worked with tom house in the offseason a lot and he showed no improvement on things he can improve or showed in his rookie year
do you think just because of patricia that mac did not improve his awareness for example?
Mac has to take some blame too for his development
Every offensive player gets a mulligan from last season, they couldn't overcome the incompetence of the offensive coaches.

Silly fantasy by BCG. The actual fans here would root for LJ if he came here and be pumped about it. Only trolls -- who care more about being right than the team doing well -- would be "tortured".
Hey at least you're more informed about QB's and injury rates. You're welcome.

despite the really bad situation which should be considered by looking at the valuation of the overall performance,
like how did he move in the pocket, how was his awareness for delayed blitzes etc, how were his mechanics, his velocity, decision making etc.
but there are factors which were ONLY caused by mac's poor performance on some throws
patricia or the o-line is not the reason mac can not thrów more than 7-8 yards to his right side on outside throws, the reason for this were his mechanics
and no, mac did not forget his pocket awareness just because of patricia or showed no improvements in mechanics just due patricia
he worked with tom house in the offseason a lot and he showed no improvement on things he can improve or showed in his rookie year
do you think just because of patricia that mac did not improve his awareness for example?

Winner Winner *ding* *ding* Mac should ask Tom House for a refund. His mechanics or lack their of is the reasons why the fan base have no confidence in him. Mac has so much to prove can't wait for TC 2023.

Last edited:
This season will give us the best look at who Mac Jones really is now and going forward, it's put up or shut up time.

Mac has made plenty of long and strong throws in short short career.

I can't take last season seriously, the level of incompetence at the coordinator position can't be overstated.

I'm not concerned because I like Zappe as well, one or the other will likely provide us good QB play.

This season will give us the best look at who Mac Jones really is now and going forward, it's put up or shut up time. I can't take last season seriously, the level of incompetence at the coordinator position can't be overstated.
then why did not bb spend more time with mac? the level of incompetence must have been realized by him earlier than any other guy on the team or sports world

Interesting picture up^ there: Bill just Draft Hendon Hooker and call it a day. I think BB would like to Coach a RPO QB before he leaves the game. :cool:

then why did not bb spend more time with mac? the level of incompetence must have been realized by him earlier than any other guy on the team or sports world
BB wasn't lying 2/3rds through the season that it was too late to change coordinators, it was too late to fix what was already a disaster. The first thing they did when the season ended was put a "help wanted" sign out for an offensive coordinator. They knew what the problem was and attacked it quickly in the offseason.

This season will give us the best look at who Mac Jones really is now and going forward, it's put up or shut up time.

Mac has made plenty of long and strong throws in short short career.

I can't take last season seriously, the level of incompetence at the coordinator position can't be overstated.

I'm not concerned because I like Zappe as well, one or the other will likely provide us good QB play.
Same could be said for Mac 10's Mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back