PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“What the H$&$” Patriot picks that turned out Good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron Borges, btw what happened to old Ronnie?? Glad that lover of Pats "Nontroversies" has moved on to punching older men with walkers in the face..

CfS8klIUkAAhSnA

Someone with a lot of COVID 19 generated time on their hands should create a Hall of Fame for the worst sports quotes of all time. There could be an entire wing of NFL draft predictions, with this one being among the all time greats.

I love this one. Didn't see it coming. Never ever in my life saw a successful convert of a QB to another position. But he worked so hard and also had that innate clutchness and hunger, it was awesome seeing him become elite at punt returning and then eventually at WR too once Welker left.

Saw a stat on a scouting thing for wide receivers that said of the 60 receivers who have recorded at least one 1,000 yard season in the last 6 years, 58 were receivers in college. The two who weren't were Edelman and... well, you can guess the other one. I had to look it up because of how fast said player fell off the face of the earth. (Randall Cobb doesn't count because he was a full-time receiver his last couple years in college.)

There have been a few others over the years, like Antwaan Randle El, Bert Emanuel. McKinnon made a successful conversion to running back from option QB, and Michael Robinson was a good fullback. Matt Jones was okay but he had drug stuff. But yeah not many.

Loving this thread, positive stuff for once.

Vollmer for me. I had done a small research for players we could pick on first 3 rounds back when i cared enough about the draft. This big german boy never showed up anywhere

All those beepin' Rutgers DBs he took haha.

Devin McCourty, Logan Ryan, Duron Harmon.

I’m hoping N’Keal Harry.

Duron Harmon I suppose but that was driven by ignorance on my part. I watched his film after the draft and became arguably his biggest booster on this board afterwards (not that I thought he’d be great, just that I pictured him as a good backup to McCourty).*

* I realise that’s a bit like the answer to a ‘tell me your flaws’ interview question.

I remember the Harmon pick was laughed at and he did all right.

Edelman. I thought he was camp fodder and somebody's binkie to be cut the 4th week... until I saw him return that punt in preseason against the Eagles.

This isn't that punt... but it gives you that same feel I got back in 2009... dang... this kid's GOT something here. :)

Edelman cut thread revisited

Oops.

Sorry about this @Ice_Ice_Brady - but at least you weren’t the only one :) I was thinking this too at the time.

Steve Grogan.

I was a total Jim Plunkett guy, convinced he was good for at least two Super Bowls.

Turns out I was right about Jim...and totally wrong about Steve.

BTW did you guys know that Chuck Fairbanks hired Ernie Adams right out of college?

Lmao! I have actually referenced this thread several times as my worst take ever. Nice find.
LOL

Thank you so much, this made my day.

BTW I, like everybody else, have been wrong on many occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back