PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“We’re onto Buffalo...”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry, Sanu and Myers will all be OK next year and LaCosse is probably serviceable at TE2. RB is OK for next year too. Hopefully we do not lose Thuney, Wynn will be much better, and maybe both Cajuste and Frohodt will be good backups. Need a TE1, a fullback, and some experience for the young ones for 2020. After that it should look better for a couple of years.
What about QB?

Can you make one for Craptastic?
I have no idea who that is and if he/she is anything like FCBimbecile it's best left that way.

A little over the top but interesting points never the less -

They’ll be a lot of punts this game.

Holy crap - - did you READ the post?

No one said anything about the rest of the year (or next year, for that matter).

Just last Sunday against a 1-12 team, when he was playing with a hurt elbow and has big games coming up.

Please don't drive.

Any game. Forever. I will take Brady over Stidham. You act like swapping Brady for Stidham is just a clean wash because we ended up blowing the Bengals out. We were in a dog fight at the half and one small stupid mistake in that first half and we’re down and the Bengals don’t stop running the ball with Mixon because we aren’t pulling away. They control the clock, churn out yards with Mixon and potentially win the game all because Stidham threw a pick or didn’t feel the rush and got strip sacked while Brady threw the ball away or sidestepped the rush.
It’s easy to look at the final score and Brady’s stat line and say “Stidham could’ve done that” but in reality it’s nowhere near a clean 1:1 swap.

Any game. Forever. I will take Brady over Stidham. You act like swapping Brady for Stidham is just a clean wash because we ended up blowing the Bengals out. We were in a dog fight at the half and one small stupid mistake in that first half and we’re down and the Bengals don’t stop running the ball with Mixon because we aren’t pulling away. They control the clock, churn out yards with Mixon and potentially win the game all because Stidham threw a pick or didn’t feel the rush and got strip sacked while Brady threw the ball away or sidestepped the rush.
It’s easy to look at the final score and Brady’s stat line and say “Stidham could’ve done that” but in reality it’s nowhere near a clean 1:1 swap.
Brady’s cerebral game and pre-snap adjustments etc are still the best in the league, and help to mask any backsliding that occurs on the physical end.

2 spectacular defenses, 2 craptastic offenses. Should be one for the ages.

Joking aside, I know if they execute and play good football they can beat them, but for the first time in about 16 or 17 years I’m not sure they will.:p

Buffalo’s defense is the real deal. Allen has not been turning the ball over much lately.

we need our running game to help us big time. Even though most of the big boys are banged up.

We need the receivers to:

run the right routes.
Get separation.
No drops.

our defense has to carry the day. The run defense has to toughen up.

Maybe. So perhaps the 21 point win could have been 10-14 point win.

Brady was not good on Sunday. Nowhere near good. He needed the rest.

Not sure about a " 10-14 point win" or any win for that matter with Stidham starting.
Because:

Buffalo’s defense is the real deal. Allen has not been turning the ball over much lately.

we need our running game to help us big time. Even though most of the big boys are banged up.

We need the receivers to:

run the right routes.
Get separation.
No drops.

our defense has to carry the day. The run defense has to toughen up.
This is the toughest defense they wouldve played and they havent fared well vs avg defenses lately. Going to be a field position and defensive game. Will need some turnovers .

This is the toughest defense they wouldve played and they havent fared well vs avg defenses lately. Going to be a field position and defensive game. Will need some turnovers .
Yup, special teams are going to win this game. My money's on the Patriots.

They’ll be a lot of punts this game.

IMHO this comes down to lines. The major concern for the D is the run D. If the run D can keep up a 3.5 YPC or less than I very much expect Buff to punt a lot (I'd rather not consider what will be if the D has a poor run D performance :) ). On O, yep we'll punt for sure but if the O can give TB a clean pocket on most occasions, I feel good that the O can have enough scoring drives and put enough points up to best what the D will hold Buff to. Man, it will sure be nice to see Harry build upon last week's performance. IMHO this unexpected production from the WR group has some fair snowball effect elsewhere including the run game.

No drops.

This is the biggest key for me here. Obviously drops happen, for every receiver on every team, but we lead the league in them. And it feels like a lot of those happen on 3rd/4th down. Cut those in half this year, give Brady 1 or 2 more first downs per game, and everything shifts. Drops kill momentum and rhythm, sure up the hands and I think this starts to look a lot more manageable.

This is still Buffalo people. The coach is more concerned about making sure there are no Patriots on the field pre game than teaching his QB to slide. I hope we repay the favor this weekend. Pats in a beating. Send those fans back outside to their parking ****hole so they can jump through a few more tables.

Harry, Sanu and Myers will all be OK next year and LaCosse is probably serviceable at TE2. RB is OK for next year too. Hopefully we do not lose Thuney, Wynn will be much better, and maybe both Cajuste and Frohodt will be good backups. Need a TE1, a fullback, and some experience for the young ones for 2020. After that it should look better for a couple of years.

We are most likely going to lose Thuney. We have too many other players to pay, and Thuney has been playing way too well.

Thuney isn't dumb- he's going to know that whatever contract he signs is going to outlive Brady. Probably will want to hedge his bets with an up and coming QB.

We are most likely going to lose Thuney. We have too many other players to pay, and Thuney has been playing way too well.

Thuney isn't dumb- he's going to know that whatever contract he signs is going to outlive Brady. Probably will want to hedge his bets with an up and coming QB.

There was a report they were trying to sign him. I think it could either way. I think he loves playing in NE and being in a SB every year, so we'll see. But, yeah, normally I'd say he's gone. I was surprised they were actually trying to sign him. Smart kid. Probably knows it will be worse regardless if where he would end up going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes