PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“We’re onto Buffalo...”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only guy I've seen as good or maybe better was Marino. He had incredible pocket awareness and feet.

Brady is tough, no doubt.

I wonder how many hits he took in early 2017 when he took a lot. Remember that? Cooks was new and a lot of his routes were of the deeper variety, and would take some time to develop.

I figured the amount of times he was actually hit wasn't as high as many were claiming.
I think he was top 5, around 40.

Should have said "sacks" as @robertweathers pointed out hits is obviously much higher.

Last edited:
Thank you!!! I was wondering when someone (who's face ISN'T buried in the stat sheet) was going to finally bring up this one very salient point.

Once again, they could have very easily won this game without Brady and Edelman on Sunday - - this team needs injury management right now and THAT was an opportunity missed. I hope it doesn't bite them in the butt.

Win without Brady??? Are you sure?

I think he was top 5, around 40.

That would make more sense. That was a legit system fit issue, IMO, where Cooks is known to run deep routes and I think it just wasn't a great fit for how Brady likes the ball out, as opposed to doing the Dan Fouts thing where you're dropping back and waiting on the deeper routes all the time.

Only guy I've seen as good or maybe better was Marino. He had incredible pocket awareness and feet.

Brady is tough, no doubt.

I wonder how many hits he took in early 2017 when he took a lot. Remember that? Cooks was new and a lot of his routes were of the deeper variety, and would take some time to develop.

I figured the amount of times he was actually hit wasn't as high as many were claiming.

Brady was hit 84 times in 2017
2016 68
2015 (bad line) 97
This year is 81 and he most likely will be in the 90s before the year is over
Early 2010s he was in the 50s and 60s

Not feeling good about this game. I don't see how this offense can score many points. Gotta trust the defense and special teams to carry the load I guess. Can the Pats score more than the Steelers offense?

Win without Brady??? Are you sure?

15 of 29 for 128. Stidham could do that - - or 70% of that, which would still have been more than enough to win.

Seriously, what did Brady add on Sunday???? What did Edelman add on Sunday?

The team won on Sunday with them playing like crap (for good reason - Brady's elbow and Edelman's knee). That type of performance won't get them by a Buffalo/KC/Baltimore - - - the team will NEED them at a higher level in those games.

Last edited:
15 of 29 for 128. Stidham could do that - - or 70% of that, which would still have been more than enough to win.

The team won on Sunday with them playing like crap (for good reason - Brady's elbow and Edelman's knee). That type of performance won't get them by a Buffalo/KC/Baltimore - - - the team will NEED them at a higher level in those games.

Brady with a bum arm is still better than Allen. He’s a turnover machine.

15 of 29 for 128. Stidham couldn't do that - - or 70% of that, which would still have been more than enough to win.

You're insane if you think this team has close to 11 wins without Brady. The 50 little things Brady does a game that don't show up on stat sheets or highlight reels are things that a veteran QB like Brady who has been in this system forever do that helps to not cost us the game. While Brady may know to chuck it in the dirt Stidham may force it into double coverage. Where Brady may throw low to Edelman so that he has to dive and potentially lose a few yards after the catch Stidham may go a little higher and give the corner a chance to bat the ball and get it picked. Tons of little calculated decisions that no one watching the game will ever know that Brady makes instinctively because he's been doing it so long at such a high level.

Jarret Stidham is an unknown variable at this point to the public but not to our coaches. Our offensive line and our receivers are beat up so he may have turned the ball over multiple times.

Last edited:
You're insane if you think this team has close to 11 wins without Brady. The 50 little things Brady does a game that don't show up on stat sheets or highlight reels are things that a veteran QB like Brady who has been in this system forever do that helps to not cost us the game. While Brady may know to chuck it in the dirt Stidham may force it into double coverage. Where Brady may throw low to Edelman so that he has to dive and potentially lose a few yards after the catch Stidham may go a little higher and give the corner a chance to bat the ball and get it picked. Tons of little calculated decisions that no one watching the game will ever know that Brady makes instinctively because he's been doing it so long at such a high level.

Holy crap - - did you READ the post?

No one said anything about the rest of the year (or next year, for that matter).

Just last Sunday against a 1-12 team, when he was playing with a hurt elbow and has big games coming up.

Please don't drive.

God I hate this post. Dislike x100000......but not a disagree.

Jarret Stidham is an unknown variable at this point to the public but not to our coaches. Our offensive line and our receivers are beat up so he may have turned the ball over multiple times.

Maybe. So perhaps the 21 point win could have been 10-14 point win.

Brady was not good on Sunday. Nowhere near good. He needed the rest.

Holy crap - - did you READ the post?

No one said anything about the rest of the year (or next year, for that matter).

Just last Sunday against a 1-12 team, when he was playing with a hurt elbow and has big games coming up.

Please don't drive.

If the team thought Tom's elbow was severely mangled and operating at 2% efficiency he would have sat.

It could also be they didn't want for Stidham's 1st NFL start to be @CIN when KC is breathing down our necks for the #2 seed and BUF for the division. Hes still on training wheels.

By managing the game (0 INTS) Tom gives the team a better chance to win than Stidham.

Hopefully brady and sanu being off the report means theyre ailments wont be an issue going forth. Sanu looked very promising in Baltimore, had that good punt return in philly where the injury occurred and disappeared since. That was about 5 weeks ago which is around the typical recovery timeline for high ankle sprain. Brady needs to be more accurate than he was in cincy , perhaps the elbow is better now

As much as I would love a chance for Brady to rest, we gotta realize that the Buffalo defense would absolutely FEAST on Stidham and his inexperience. And that's assuming the O-line holds up, which is unlikely. Buffalo might be the worst game to rest Brady. Last thing we want to do is play into the strengths of that team.

I want this win to shut up the bills mafia. 42 page thread on their board saying all the teams SB titles are tainted and BB should be banned for life.
But that doesn't really connect. That's what's so damn annoying about those awful takes. No matter how much we win, in their eyes, it's not valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft